• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2017 (Apr. 27-29) |OT| The Busts of Tomorrow...Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel Jeremiah‏Verified account
@MoveTheSticks

Latest I'm hearing...might see a run on QBs, but it'll be late 1st not top 15. Chance only 1 QB in top 15. Then 3-4 go late 1st.

Jerry will gladly give up #28 for an early second round pick + add :)

Gobias

Banned
Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Buccaneers are talking with at least three teams about moving back in 1st round, and maybe even out of first round altogether, per source.

Gotta get into the kicker picking rounds as soon as possible

Slythe

I have no idea who the Bengals take at 9, but I'd be ecstatic if OJ Howard made it.

Also, I hope our rumored interest in Joe Mixon is BS. We have enough headcases on this team.

Wes

venison crêpe
Albert Breer saying Titans trying to move down from 18 too. They want their second round pick back.

Wes

venison crêpe
Update from Michael Silver‏ @MikeSilver

Browns looking to move up from 12, targeting Trubisky. In that scenario they'd take Garrett at 1. At least 4 teams w/top 8 picks contacted.

Personally think this is Hue's friend helping with smoke.

hom3land

The Patriots have traded away their 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th, and 7th round picks.. We don't have a pick until late in the 2nd day. This might be the most anticlimactic draft I've ever experienced.

BigAT

The Patriots have traded away their 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th, and 7th round picks.. We don't have a pick until late in the 2nd day. This might be the most anticlimactic draft I've ever experienced.

There's always the excitement of trying to predict which draft picks will get taken away by future disciplinary measures.

Tripon

21 QBs starting in the NFL were drafted in the 1st round that are at least QBs you can build around. Finding a QB in the later rounds is the exception, not the rule.

Can you really build around Sam Brandford?

i

sprinkles

I will never understand why American Professional Sports Teams use such a communist method of redistributing new talents.

That out of the way, I hope the Pats pick up some good young guys nobody else wanted but prove to be great rookies in the summer!

Hindl

Can you really build around Sam Brandford?

i

To be fair, that Vikings team last year looked unstoppable until their entire offensive line died. At the very least, Bradford is good enough to not make a team consider getting a new QB as a high priority

Bandini

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
Buccaneers are talking with at least three teams about moving back in 1st round, and maybe even out of first round altogether, per source.

Makes sense. They need more depth. Also, they've been looking at a lot of running backs. Maybe there's enough of them they like that they're comfortable scooping whoever is available early in the 2nd.

I like their drafts the last 3 years outside of the Aguayo pick.

MechDX

Tyler Brooke‏Verified account
@TylerDBrooke

Hearing that the Colts are considering trading up into the Top 10. Apparently they're thinking long and hard about Christian McCaffrey.

Dumb move IMO. the Colts have so many damn holes and you give up draft stock to move up for a RB

Slythe

They were arguably the hardest pick for NFL-GAF Mock Draft.

The Bengals truly are in no-man's land at 9. I believe that any position is in play for them besides quarterback.

That being said, the most likely candidates for them are Howard, Barnett or Foster (probably preferred by the team in that order). If it's not one of those guys we either got a steal or reached hard on someone (not likely).

MechDX

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet

If Deshaun Watson is there in late 1, keep an eye on the #Texans. His visit was overwhelmingly positive for all. He loved it, team did, too

tumblr_my2ygv9XSB1t10gp8o1_500.gif

They are talking about McCaffrey on ESPN right now. First thing that comes to mind is that E-40 Bar. "Papered up like a fax, im rare like white running backs" .

Kevtones

Would love the Titans to get:

John Ross - deep threat sorely needed
Christian Mccaffrey - utility slot guy that knows Mariota and they REALLY need a better returner

I'll watch it to see the other fan bases get all excited about their chances at the playoffs. It's kind of cute.

Who the hell knows what the Niners will do, and after more thought I kinda want them to draft Hooker instead of trading the pick away (which I'm sure is what they want to do).

King Kovu

Update from Michael Silver‏ @MikeSilver

Browns looking to move up from 12, targeting Trubisky. In that scenario they'd take Garrett at 1. At least 4 teams w/top 8 picks contacted.

Personally think this is Hue's friend helping with smoke.

Browns get #5
Titans get #12 #33 and
Josh Gordon

natjjohn

Would love the Titans to get:

John Ross - deep threat sorely needed
Christian Mccaffrey - utility slot guy that knows Mariota and they REALLY need a better returner

Receiver makes sense. An RB makes no sense to me for the Titans. They are set with Murray and Henry for both present and the future.

I can't see Colts trading up for McCaffrey. That would be shocking. Think that is smoke for sure. Think almost a lock Colts go D. Foster if there, if not McKinley.

LifEndz

Pushing the draft this far back was a mistake. I'm almost sick of all the mock drafts at this point.
I need more mock drafts

Wes

venison crêpe
Did a pick em league/game get set up?

Hyped for Mayock's mock. One I trust the most. All that juicy insider knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom