• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Congress prepares to undo Obamacare, weigh Trump personnel picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be sad to see a big number of Trump voters realize they were dependent on Obama Care...

I would be with you if they didn't bring this upon themselves. They're just getting what they want. The return of indentured servitude. But that's ok. Because people of color will still be worse off than them right?

norinrad

Humanity at its core on display here. Pure evil. Let the poor rot, it's their fault for being poor. I got mine and the rest should burn for all I care. How these people sleep at night I have no clue.

Ihyll

Not sure what can be done. They nominated a bloviating, sexist and racist pig and a lot of Democrats and "liberals" still stayed home.

I hate to say this but this country absolutely deserves whats coming.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Four years of actual, real evil coming up. Everyone who is for whatever reason part of a "weak" group is gonna get so fucked. Good job, America. Two months later, and I still can't understand the sheer stupidity of this election result. The amount of people who simply said "fuck me, I'm gonna vote against my own interests (or at least fuck everyone else over)" is astounding. So dumb.

carlsojo

Get ready for Republicans to wreck shit and get ready for the Democrats to roll over and take it like they always do.

They don't really have any choice in the matter. Without any governmental authority and all.

To me, I see stuff like when Bernie talked about how they would work with Trump as far as fixing the economy as a demonstration of the left's inability to fight back. It essentially boils down to "we'll work with white nationalists when we agree with what they're trying to do."

FStubbs

We will. It's just going to take the deaths of thousands (millions?) for us to realize we need some god damn national healthcare in this country.

Those are people the Republicans want to die so they're not seeing a problem with it.

Also Republicans are gutting the House ethics panel so silly things like open graft won't be issues.

I can't believe we are now in the scenario of burning it all down in the hope something good comes out of it (the good being a democratic house and a president within four years, with only one being the most reasonable).

I think we're all awakened from our liberal bubbles now - my hope is that there's unification among all democrats to vote when the time is right and hopefully not be distracted by things like TV and video games at those moments.

Sulik2

The ACA us already collapsing with how many insurance companies are leaving the exchanges. If the Pubs were smart they would let it collapse on its own and blame Obama. Dismantling it forces them to take the blame.

Measley

Fuck it. Let them dismantle it. I'm so tired of hearing conservative leaders and voters bitch and moan about "Obamacare" and how it destroyed their healthcare that I actually want to see them dismantle it and then scramble to try to fix.

Sadly people are going to suffer, and some of them are going to be the very people that voted to repeal it. However at this point there's no other alternative.

Aurongel

I can't believe we are now in the scenario of burning it all down in the hope something good comes out of it (the good being a democratic house and a president within four years, with only one being the most reasonable).

I think we're all awakened from our liberal bubbles now - my hope is that there's unification among all democrats to vote when the time is right and hopefully not be distracted by things like TV and video games at those moments.
Unfortunately midterm elections are usually a rough time for Democrats. I suspect turnout in 2018 will reach record lows.

Beartruck

Unfortunately midterm elections are usually a rough time for Democrats. I suspect turnout in 2018 will reach record lows.
I dunno, I hope 2 years of pure unadulterated fuckery would get butts out of seats. If democrats can't win in midterms in a Trump presidency, then this party is fucked.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
People must remember that ObamaCare just doesn't work, and it is not affordable - 116% increases (Arizona). Bill Clinton called it "CRAZY"

Tak3n

Banned
Trump reminds me of old leaders, where the nastiest thing you could do was wipe your enemies from the record books, obviously with modern technology that is no longer possible, but it really reads like he would like to wipe Obama from History

deadlast

Removing Obamacare is a domino effect of stupidity.
If Obamacare is removed, ER visits go up.
Thus, less ER folks are available to attend to serious issues.
People without cover will just not pay for the visit.
Uncovered ER costs will be spread to covered individuals.
Old people go to the hospital the most, so they will be hit the hardest.
Old people mostly vote Republican, thus they are making their own cost of living go up.

Maybe we should have an age limit on voting?

Khoryos

How much power, exactly, do Executive Orders have?
Could Obama's last action as president be an EO to un-gerrymander like, everything?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
People must remember that ObamaCare just doesn't work, and it is not affordable - 116% increases (Arizona). Bill Clinton called it "CRAZY"

Why does he suddenly care about what a " rapist" thinks?

Did he get this quote from Rapists Anonymous? Those meetings are Anonymous Donald!

You guys are acting like democrats can get back seats. They can't. Gerrymandering has seen to that. We are in for a shit show until at LEAST 2020.

Elections fucking matter. 46 percent of the country didn't seem to think so, which is shitty, because you get the government you show up for. People who didn't vote will probably use the entire republican take over of government and all the horrid shit that entails as justification about both sides being the same or their vote not mattering anyway. Which just leads to the same problematic situation we're in now.

E92 M3

gnzW2dP.jpg

Go ahead and repeal Obamacare. I dare you.

If only he ran and Clinton wasn't "the chosen one." Democrats should have had a proper primary like the Republicans.

Haha! In your dreams. We are in port truth era now. They will find a way to blame the dems and Obama for the crash and they will gain even more power. When there is only one party cheating and doing all this nasty shit, they gain power. It's simple quite really. The dems have to stoop to their level if they want to fight this unfortunately.

I think this will be different for a couple of reasons. They controll the White House and Congress for one. And when this happens, they will go out and loudly pat themselves on the backs for fulfilling a campaign promise for 2 years while things go to sgit.

The Kree

Banned
You guys are acting like democrats can get back seats. They can't. Gerrymandering has seen to that. We are in for a shit show until at LEAST 2020.

Elections fucking matter. 46 percent of the country didn't seem to think so, which is shitty, because you get the government you show up for. People who didn't vote will probably use the entire republican take over of government and all the horrid shit that entails as justification about both sides being the same or their vote not mattering anyway. Which just leads to the same problematic situation we're in now.

I vote every two years and I still feel like my vote doesn't matter.

Obama convinced Joe not to run against Clinton.

Obama fucked this country hard.

He wouldn't have beat Clinton and he didn't want to run because his son just died.

People are re-writing history pretending Hillary was some unpopular hated politician. There's a good reason nobody ran against her and has nothing to do with her being "chosen"

E92 M3

They did

Nobody wanted to run against Clinton other than random from Vermont.

Because everyone knew that the DNC was behind Clinton.

Obama convinced Joe not to run against Clinton.

Obama fucked this country hard.

Obama didn't want to see Joe waste his time when everyone was already behind Clinton.

He wouldn't have beat Clinton and he didn't want to run because his son just died.

People are re-writing history pretending Hillary was some unpopular hated politician. There's a good reason nobody ran against her and has nothing to do with her being "chosen"

It had everything to do with her being "chosen."

Either way, the past is the past and we have to deal with the present.

Slayven

It really is amazing.

Country is falling apart before our very eyes and liberals are still arguing over the fucking primary.

Makes you wonder how they got the name "Progressives". Folks need to be tightening up and planning for the worse. And hope the worse is the only thing we get

slit

How much power, exactly, do Executive Orders have?
Could Obama's last action as president be an EO to un-gerrymander like, everything?
No, some need to start facing reality. Obama is not going to be the knight in shining armor. This country is now reaping whst it has sowed. Innocent people are going to get hurt. We have to bear it and hope people wake up when the pain starts.

It really is amazing.

Country is falling apart before our very eyes and liberals are still arguing over the fucking primary.

SMH folks still arguing the primary.

Makes you wonder how they got the name "Progressives". Folks need to be tightening up and planning for the worse. And hope the worse is the only thing we get

Sorry to offend you all. I really do hope you start to feel better soon.

SMH folks still arguing the primary.

But we're talking about primary man. What are we talking about? Primary? We're talking about primary, man. [laughter from the media crowd] We're talking about primary. We're talking about primary. We ain't talking about the general. [more laughter] We're talking about primary, man.

The great thing about the primary talk is that it can never be proven. So people can come up with whatever reasons that want for how things could have turned out differently and it can never be proven one way or another.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
So if Obamacare is gone, the insurance companies will drop rates to the time before Obamacare right?... right?

Sure. And then they will correct for inflation, increased risks, increased health cost due to uninsured patients, higher overhead and before you know it you're looking at a pricebump from Obamacare so high most people can't afford it and it's back to how it's always been; no healthinsurance for most, insurance companies getting filthy rich and Republicans can claim it's all Obama's fault.

Gutek

The ACA us already collapsing with how many insurance companies are leaving the exchanges. If the Pubs were smart they would let it collapse on its own and blame Obama. Dismantling it forces them to take the blame.

They are still going to blame Obama and claim that they saved the populace from exploding premiums. And people will buy it, hook, line, and sinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom