• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: Trump signs order to weaken Obamacare

He almost didn't sign the order. Is he losing his mind? He did this once before.

What a clown.

giphy.gif

"my two scoops of vanilla ice cream are going to melt, better hurry!"

sfedai0

Banned
He almost didn't sign the order. Is he losing his mind? He did this once before.

What a clown.

giphy.gif

Holy shit, I thought this video was from the last time he forgot to sign his own EO. Nope, this fucking idiot forgot again. He really might be going senile.

I should have all the Trump supporters I know chip in and pay for my healthcare since they’re obviously rich and rising premiums won’t make a dent in their income

What a clown.

giphy.gif

Wooooow. I saw that and thought they were just reusing the original gif.

The US is in such a sorry state at the moment it is really depressing. Like it's never been anywhere near perfect but the cockroaches really just aren't scared of the light anymore.

If only half the country weren't complete fucking idiots and/or crazy violent racists with guns, people might be peacefully protesting in the streets and forcing a change.

Anyone with any sense can see he's a shitty con artist and in no way fit for office.

Gattsu25

Banned
Not ruling it out, but I see it more like the validation and camera wooing is all that he had on his mind(no shock). The order itself ranked preeeettttyyyy low on his thought-process. Pretty clear that he literally knows nothing about it, but just wants the attention, positive attention. Everything else gets shoved aside in his head(it didn't matter why he was there, but that he was applauded and swarmed by smiles in his direction).

Still a disease in the head either way.
Yeah, I think he had the same set of priorities. He cared about the attention. He got it. He forgot the "little stuff" like that paper he had to sign.

elfinke

Bit off topic, but how did the signing of EO's become such an 'event'? With crowds, audiences, prepared announcements etc? Perhaps it has always been that way, but I only notice now cos, well, I'm witness to a truly stupid motherfucker doing it.

To my mind it would still be weird - but at least understandable - to have that sort of fanfare for the most amazingly benevolent EO, mush less one like this that is far from bipartisan and even further from benevolent.

Also, fuck that stupid cunt you've got over there.

Bit off topic, but how did the signing of EO's become such an 'event'? With crowds, audiences, prepared announcements etc? Perhaps it has always been that way, but I only notice now cos, well, I'm witness to a truly stupid motherfucker doing it.

To my mind it would still be weird - but at least understandable - to have that sort of fanfare for the most amazingly benevolent EO, mush less one like this that is far from bipartisan and even further from benevolent.

Also, fuck that stupid cunt you've got over there.

This is like the angry alt-right version of a participation trophy.

old

Remember, this is the guy who seemed to think that health insurance costs $12/year.

He’s never bought healthcare in his life. He’s always had Cadillac coverage from his parents businesses/foundations and later his own businesses/foundations.

The definition of privilege.

Crosseyes

Banned
Can't wait to see just how much of a pain insurance will be after I'm dropped at the end of this year. Although to be honest all Aetna ever did for me is pay for shitty medicine that made my wife sick and refused to pay for an alternative and send me a 300 dollar hospital bill for an urgent care visit that remains unpaid and ignored and will stay that way.

A lot of health care insurance companies need a gunman in their corporate building as much as universal health care.

Tahnit

Banned
After this year I have no idea what I’m going to do. I am reaching my 40’s and need to stay on my anti depressants and get regular checkups.

linkboy

Interesting correlation there on the states that need it the most...

Of course it's conservative states that will be impacted the most by it. Republicans love fucking over their base and their base takes it up the ass with no questions asked.

Jeels

I understand why insurance costs would rise for individuals but why does this also increase the deficit?

Interesting correlation there on the states that need it the most...

Trump has proven time and again he does not understand nuance in politics. Throwing a bone out to the states that will be effected the most does not even connect with him. A showman always tries to outdo himself when cornered so expect a war with North Korea next.

I understand why insurance costs would rise for individuals but why does this also increase the deficit?

I'm guessing probably people giving up their plans due to them being unaffordable which means less tax money, plus that leading towards more emergency room visits, and maybe even people quitting their jobs entirely to get on medicaid.

chaos789

Banned

I think its because him trying to get rid of cost sharing subsidies to insurance companies will cause them to raise premiums, which in turn will increase individual subsidy payments. Costing the federal government even more money than paying those cost sharing subsidies. I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom