• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Sells Video Highlight Clips As defi blockchain collectables, $200 million & counting

As someone who got into topshot 5~ months ago, I wouldn't recommend buying cards directly off the marketplace as that is pure speculation. Though trying to aquire packs whenever drops open is a pretty smart move. I watched top shot moments slowly climb in value over a 4~ month period, as soon as influncers caught wind of this and promoting it; Pretty much every moment went to THE MOON.

No chance it is fully sustainable, though if you understand basketball and how NFTs work their is a huge opportunity in front of you. Just because many of you think its stupid and don't understand, doesn't mean there isn't an opportunity in front of you.

DYOR and don't listen to idiots on the internet, make your own opinion

My cousin got in on Top Shot about 2-3 months ago and apparently his account is "worth" over $100k. But he put $30k or so into it.
A friend of mine spent about 600~ bucks on packs over the last 4 months and his dapper balance is currently over 75k; All the cards are sold. Withdraws are just starting to be processed.

Its not like this is done by some random fellow, top shot is literally sponsored by the NBA; It may take awhile, but you'll get your money if the cards are already sold.

No chance it is fully sustainable, though if you understand basketball and how NFTs work their is a huge opportunity in front of you.
I'm curious. If you sold every Top Shot you "owned" today and withdrew all of the cash into your bank account, how much money would you have made vs. what you initially invested.

I'm curious. If you sold every Top Shot you "owned" today and withdrew all of the cash into your bank account, how much money would you have made vs. what you initially invested.
I've already sold all moments i've gotten. Please note, I never bought single cards off of the marketplace. Every moment I obtained was via series 1 packs and a few series 2.

In total on ALL packs I spent 240 bucks with my dapper wallet balance currently sitting at just under 10k USD. Heres some screenshots of the most notable sales "for proof"
zzJ0RLU.png
AsRojto.png
mi2Dqx2.png

Aesius

How many copycats of this will there be? NFL, MLB, UFC, NHL, WWE, PGA, etc., could all get into this and sell their own moments, too.

Top Bottom