• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Michael Jordan Still Earns $80 Million A Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Not the same thing. In general, atheletes today are physically superior than ones from 30 years ago, but this particular example (Jordan vs Bryant or James) doesn't hold up. When it comes to speed and strength, Jordan beats both of them.

Vertical Leap
Jordan - 48"
James - 44"
Bryant - 38"

40 Yard Dash
Jordan - 4.3 seconds
James - 4.4 seconds

that's cool and imma finish reading, but james is a whole lot bigger of a dude and to have comparable numbers is astonishing. That's really what makes him a freak of nature.

Sole reason why Basketball outside of US is known. I mean in Poland where basketball was/is just some random game like dodgeball everyone know who he was.

Jordan was Messi/Maradona/Pele of Basketball and did a hella good time promoting it by being simply the best transcending sport norms and reaching people who even didn't care about basketball.

I would say to him "Good job !"

you aren't familiar with Marcin Gortat aka the polish hammer

Jeffrey never beat Bird in the playoffs in his life.

And keep it real, Magic and Worthy were well past their prime in 1991.

Jeffrey dominated the league after Magic and Bird were done splitting titles in the 80s.

Jeff was busy getting handled by the Pissed-Ons and Czzz in the 80s.

Polari

BgKZGyc.jpg

I respect Michael Jordan. Not for his athletic talents, or his marketing savvy, but for his attempt to reclaim the Hitler moustache. A ballsy fuckin' move.

shira

Not the same thing. In general, atheletes today are physically superior than ones from 30 years ago, but this particular example (Jordan vs Bryant or James) doesn't hold up. When it comes to speed and strength, Jordan beats both of them.

Vertical Leap
Jordan - 48"
James - 44"
Bryant - 38"

40 Yard Dash
Jordan - 4.3 seconds
James - 4.4 seconds
Bryant - 4.5 seconds

As far as pure basketball skill goes, Lebron and Kobe are definitely on par with Michael, but I would give Jordan the overall edge due to his competitiveness. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who hated to lose as much as he did.

Where did you get those values? I don't remember a 40 yard sprint test. That's is not even a useful tool for a basketball player. It's about first step and burst.

And if you think James and Bryant aren't on HGH or whatever flavor PED is on the market you fooling yourself.

Jordan was Jordan because the league gave him the golden kiss with the refs. Pistons beat him up, he bitched, they protected him. Bryant just lost his. NBA is a for profit league

If you don't get the calls while driving in the lane you get injured or you get Vince Cater'd.

Kobe lost a (few) Finals though. Jordan didn't.

Jeffrey got handled for 5 straight years and got dismissed prior to the Finals.

He was very salty after that.

Kobe mentions in my video that, in light of winning the MVP and getting to the Finals, he still considered the entire season a failure--the goal is a championship.

Winning is all this guy gives a fuck about.

Derrick01

Banned
Jeffrey got handled for 5 straight years and got dismissed prior to the Finals.

He was very salty after that.

Kobe mentions in my video that, in light of winning the MVP and getting to the Finals, he still considered the entire season a failure--the goal is a championship.

Winning is all this guy gives a fuck about.

He shouldn't have chased shaq out of town so he could finally be the guy and stat whore then.

They could have had a lot more if they had kept shaq and kobe stopped trying to be Jordan so much, something he never had any shot at being.

Right, so you are basically saying it was 100% Kobe's fault the Lakers broke up.

Shaq's ego played zero role...again, if that is true, why did Shaq go to MIA, PHX, CLE and BOS after leaving the Lakers AND bad mouthed management after he left all those places?

Was that Kobe's fault too?

Right, so you are basically saying it was 100% Kobe's fault the Lakers broke up.

Shaq's ego played zero role...again, if that is true, why did Shaq go to MIA, PHX, CLE and BOS after leaving the Lakers AND bad mouthed management after he left all those places?

Was that Kobe's fault too?

pretty sure Shaq left the Suns, Cavs and Celtics amicably

pretty sure Shaq left the Suns, Cavs and Celtics amicably

Naw, he had words for Kerr on the way to CLE..

So even if we remove PHX, he only trashed the Magic, Lakers and the Heat on the way out the door.

You can't refute that shit.

3 of the 6 teams he played for.

Clearly a Kobe problem.

Derrick01

Banned
Naw, he had words for Kerr on the way to CLE..

So even if we remove PHX, he only trashed the Magic, Lakers and the Heat on the way out the door.

You can't refute that shit.

3 of the 6 teams he played for.

Clearly a Kobe problem.

I'd have words for the Lakers management too if Kobe made them choose between me or him and they chose him, the guy who was the clear #2 on their title teams.

That's not saying Shaq didn't bring his own problems like being out of shape, but it's also not like Kobe was the best teammate in the world. He was basically Jordan with 50% extra diva sprinkled in with 100% less achievements (at the time).

3rdman

Step 1. Be bald
Step 2. Sell the fuck out
Step 3. Be a huge asshole to everyone around you
Step 4. Marry a Michael Jackson (post op and post bleach) look alike

Step 1. Be an amazing athlete
Step 2. NEVER say anything interesting or remotely controversial
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit from the throngs of jock-sucking fans.

I'd have words for the Lakers management too if Kobe made them choose between me or him and they chose him, the guy who was the clear #2 on their title teams.

Continue to ignore the other teams he shit on on the way out.

Did the Heat choose Wade over Shaq too?

Is that why he wanted outta there? Shaq bitches and moans everytime he's not "the man". One of the main reasons he wanted outta Orlando too.

Penny was getting to be a pretty big deal (Lil Penny ads, AS appearances and whatnot).

Penny, Kobe, Wade...it's always poor Shaq who has to leave when the 2 guard starts taking off.

Poor, poor Shaq.

:(

That's not saying Shaq didn't bring his own problems like being out of shape, but it's also not like Kobe was the best teammate in the world. He was basically Jordan with 50% extra diva sprinkled in with 100% less achievements (at the time).

Magical.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm not surprised at all, with how Jordans had people crazy for the last few years, right down to teenagers and kids, male and female. And he doesn't have to do a damn thing either, Nike just has to put out a new color scheme for some classic J's and that's it.

bionic77

Bird
Magic
Malone
Stockton
Barkley
Shaq
Robinson
Ewing
Olajuwon
Drexler
Worthy
Etc.

Jordan played against and beat all these guys, and in a MUCH tougher league. Drop 25-30 year old Jordan into today's wussy league? Oh lawdji. We wouldn't be ready to receive that.
What the fuck are you talking about? Magic had AIDS (most experts blame Jordan for that) and Bird was washed up in the 90s. Same for Worthy. Stockton and Malone were the garbage of the West until everyone died or retired and they gave an aging Bulls team all they could handle. Pipp carried them for 6 years but he (the true star) was on fumes in the late 90s.

Jordan never played Hakeem in the playoffs. Nor Robinson (also not sure how much of an achievement it would have been to have beaten him after Hakeem ate his dick in the playoffs on live television).

The Bulls did beat Drexler, GP and Barkley (who were the best teams him played). And they owned New York, but I wouldn't brag about beating Ewing. He was always worthless.

Magic beat the 80s Celtics, cured AIDS, brought Starbucks to the ghetto and laid down some sweet ass loving to the 10s of thousands of impossibly fine women (including some of our mothers if they were fine enough and blessed to be one of his groupies) . He is greater than Jordan (weirdo was sexually attracted to Jacko) and any other athlete I have seen or read a out.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What the fuck are you talking about? Magic had AIDS (most experts blame Jordan for that) and Bird was washed up in the 90s. Same for Worthy. Stockton and Malone were the garbage of the West until everyone died or retired and they gave an aging Bulls team all they could handle. Pipp carried them for 6 years but he (the true star) was on fumes in the late 90s.

Jordan never played Hakeem in the playoffs. Nor Robinson (also not sure how much of an achievement it would have been to have beaten him after Hakeem ate his dick in the playoffs on live television).

The Bulls did beat Drexler, GP and Barkley (who were the best teams him played). And they owned New York, but I wouldn't brag about beating Ewing. He was always worthless.

Magic beat the 80s Celtics, cured AIDS, brought Starbucks to the ghetto and laid down some sweet ass loving to the 10s of thousands of impossibly fine women (including some of our mothers if they were fine enough and blessed to be one of his groupies) . He is greater than Jordan (weirdo was sexually attracted to Jacko) and any other athlete I have seen or read a out.
Why does no one remember Isiah Thomas? And man, you really hate Jordan, lol.

Dereck

Man you WENT IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom