• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's first party line up for the next couple of years is looking mighty fucking impressive on every level

Just curious, do you buy any of the games you love on gamepass or just keep to gamepass?

As in has it completely replaced you buying games or do you still purchase odd games?

Honestly I beat them fast enough to where I don't purchase them after they leave gamepass. And Microsoft leaves their exclusives on the service(Gears 5, Ori, Forza Horizon 4 etc..) to where I just play them when I want. I play about 60/40% PC to Console so I never pay for those. When they had that big deal last year for converting from Gold to Gamepass Ultimate I converted and caught a nice deal on 3 years worth of gamepass. I don't think i make another payment until like...July 2022? I've played through some great games in addition to their exclusives though..Like Deliver Us The Moon, Carrion, Crosscode, PLague and a ton of others.

A buddy of mine DOES buy the ones he likes when they're getting ready to leave gamepass, and they're usually discounted if you do that.

The value for gamepass is insane. While I would need time to sit here and go through ALL the games i've played on it, I can say my gamerscore has jumped from like 42K to over 78K in the last year or so alone(Probably attribute that to working from home/playing on the clock lol :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
The meltdowns. The tears. The salt.

Never had more fun at Neogaf.
The last week with the PS4 cross gen reveal and now this has just been absolutely glorious to watch.

Sony’s been buying timed exclusivity on some cows, so Microsoft just bought the whole damn farm. The full effects of this purchase won’t be known for ~12-18 months, so a lot of diehards are gonna be on edge for a while.

BONDO

I dont see much difference in the short term. Not that big a deal long term either.
Will buy when Forza releases and then collect dust

Dolomite

2020 is still undefeated as the worst yr on the books, but hot damn what a time to be a Gamer

The last week with the PS4 cross gen reveal and now this has just been absolutely glorious to watch.

Sony’s been buying timed exclusivity on some cows, so Microsoft just bought the whole damn farm. The full effects of this purchase won’t be known for ~12-18 months, so a lot of diehards are gonna be on edge for a while.

Oh yes. Gaf has been a ball all week😂😂

Last edited:

tassletine

Doesn’t matter. They could fuck up a cannonball.
Halo. Rare. Platinum. They have a history of getting in the way of even the best partners and STILL have no identity for the brand.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's a impressive lineup of studios, but those games where already multiplatform so that doesn't change much atm. If these well known IP's still see releases on PS, then it wouldn't really matter for most people.

I believe IP's like Doom, Wolfenstein, TES and maybe even Starfield will stay multiplatform. The only games I'm interested in are next-gen Wolfenstein and Starfield and playing those on pc.

Last edited:

Dolomite

MS has nothing coming out other than Halo in the next year, the new games from Bethesda (which they were going to get anyway) won't be out until 2022 and later, likely the same with many of the games from the companies they bought/started up over the last couple of years.
Read Title.
Then read title again.
Edit post

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
what is the lineup exactly?

you seem to have mistakenly posted some studio logos rather than a list of games

This right here. I'm looking forward to seeing what these studios put out, but I haven't seen a single exciting announcement out of any of them yet.

Zok310

Banned
Wait to see if they deliver before you count your eggs. We still waiting on 343 and rear to deliver the goods, dont get me started on zenimax after the last few games they published, doom eternal have been the only saving grace in 2 years.
I figure it will be close to end of next gen before this purchase begin to sho dividends.

Last edited:

Pop

We'll see. Hell people still trust 343i. Look what Infinite turned out looking like.

I'll reserve judgment until I actually see new titles. Cant beat a $1 value I guess

VAVA Mk2

Assuming studios don't fuck things up like 343i has with Halo so far. Hopefully they can turn things around when Infinite launches, but so far they have been very disappointing. On another note, if MS could buy Bungie again, should they? Would it be a good thing?

Take out 343i and replace them with Asobo (it's a hopeful for me, personally) and we're good.

You posted their 1st party studios, not the line up. Actually, the confirmed release schedule for the next couple of years is non-existent outside of Halo.

Me: Sees avatar.

Also Me: Skips avatar's opinion 100%

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
And Obsidian teasing New Vegas already on Twitter lol

OMG Xbox has ALL the studios ever involved in any FO game, it's too amazing.

Xbox now owns the Fallout IP, the Elder Scrolls IP, the Starfield IP, Doom, Quake, Evil Within, Prey, Dishonored and, and, and. It's hard to wrap my head around the awesome this for Xbox, PC and Game Pass fans.

BWJinxing

Jd38yYMb_f8.jpg

Today is a great day for the Microsoft brand, but lets not start sucking each other's dicks just yet. MS had no first party games coming out for the first few years except for Halo. And we dont know if Starfield, Elder Scrolls and the next doom are coming out in the next two years.

You are delusional if you think the only first party game coming out in three years is halo. How in the world did you come up with this?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You are delusional if you think the only first party game coming out in three years is halo. How in the world did you come up with this?

i watched the xbox conference where they showed nothing but cg and prerendered trailers for their first party titles.

FlyyGOD

Its funny you mention lineup and fanboys mention Halo. Microsoft whole lineup isn't Halo. Hellblade 2 , Fable , both Forza Motorsports and I'm sure Perfect Dark will be announced at some point. Not to mention all the other games from New studios. Try harder to disguise your saltiness.

Iced Arcade

Really changed course. 360/most of the X1 life, MS Studios was just a handful of studios.

Once all the machines are churning, they will be a damn big force 1st party wise.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
This right here. I'm looking forward to seeing what these studios put out, but I haven't seen a single exciting announcement out of any of them yet.

This isnt about games you silly. You buy an Xbox for games that -might- come in the future. And even if they dont, you had fun anticipating their potential arrival. Thats the Phil Spencer Xbox Experience tm.

use your brain.

Well, there is gears tactics coming this year, and halo next. That’s 100% more than one game in a three year period (actually less than a year). Plus quite a few other games already announced and expected for 2021. So how does 2+x=1? Use your brain.

Kumomeme

this is good for competition. this will force sony to not 'get too comfortable'.

now dear sony, ms and nintendo...bring us great game next gen!

Rockman33

MS has nothing coming out other than Halo in the next year, the new games from Bethesda (which they were going to get anyway) won't be out until 2022 and later, likely the same with many of the games from the companies they bought/started up over the last couple of years.
Have you had a personal talk with Phil spencer or are you just making shit up to go with your personal narrative?

Top Bottom