• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft says games don’t need to be on Game Pass to be viable on Xbox (VCG)

“I also want to make clear to people that are out there that for us at Xbox, there’s not one business model that we think is going to win,”
what does this mean? im confused
You don't know what he means? He is saying Gamepass isn't the only avenue for Xbox to be successful, basically not throwing all their eggs in one basket.

b0uncyfr0

I diagaree - a game has a better chance of being successful if its on GP for a limited time. Especially if there are no demo's.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You don't know what he means? He is saying Gamepass isn't the only avenue for Xbox to be successful, basically not throwing all their eggs in one basket.
Nintendo called the DS their third pillar, not to replace the GameBoy line, too ;). Anyway a nothing burger, but that is what we get with new threads on anything these people say no-matter what they say :).

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Because its a sales tactic at GDC to get devs to believe in it, if the numbers were so positive they would share them - not percentages with no real meaning.

I know from experience, and I don't fall for bullshit like you.

Are you a dev?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Don’t fall for the BS. Any overlap between the subscription and al a carte sales is minuscule. They are in opposition for all intents and purposes.

What’s that got to do with what’s in the OP?

The sample at retail we get out of the uk is large enough to be extrapolated through the west

UK retail samples have often been at variance with sales records in the US for example.

Boss Mog

The fact that they have to come out and say this pretty much tells you that this is not the case. Personally my Series X is for gamepass only (and my 360 physical games); I don't plan to ever buy a new physical game on XBOX ever again. I also might not maintain my gamepass sub year round.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
people discussing the viability of Game Pass (numbers here numbers there) when in actuality the big issue is going to be how Game pass (and services like that) are going to affect Game Desing or even 'Game Business model' itself.

Top Bottom