• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards: option to exchange points for Xbox Game Pass removed (up: back, post #198)

bender

What time is it?
I’ve never understood how people get the reward points for it anyway. I could be wrong but it seems like you’d have to spend a decent anoint of time every day wasting time on Bing and stupid quests. I’d rather just pay a few dollars a month.

5-10 minutes a day can get you most of the points available to you short of the daily achievement quests and weekly Game Pass quests (this week was get 50 kills in The Old Blood). If you do everything these days, you are looking at ~25,000 points per month which might not be worth the time investment for a lot of folks.

For reference on what points can get you:

-Auto-Renew Game Pass Ultimate 1-Month is 10,500 points
-1-Month Game Pass Ultimate is 12,000 points
-3-Month Game Pass Ultimate is 35,000 points
-$100 Amazon Gift Card is 130,000 points

Last edited:

peish

yes they removed the 3 months pc gamepass and all gamepass ultimate here.

xbl gold 3 months still available and i figured with level 2 discount, you get 50 days of gpu converted, it's the best i have

RIP Xbox’s attempt to garner good will: 2018-2023.

Price increases on hardware, software & services. Programmes like backwards compatibility and FPS boost ended. Game Pass Ultimate 1:1 conversion ended, and to be completely removed when Game Pass Core launches. And now this.

In my opinion, Microsoft haven’t done anything to justify any of this behaviour.

Holy shit; that ResetERA thread is FUMING right now!! Also apologies to the Game Pass subbers here who leveraged MS Rewards.

I expected MS to just scale back the amount of Rewards points you could allocate to Game Pass per month, not axe it altogether. Quite the staggering power move they did, there. Stuff like this, or getting rid of the $1 conversion (Core phases out Gold, and you needed to stack Gold for the $1 conversion)...I expected them to do this to increase ARPU and they should've probably done this sooner.

But I guess with them basically guaranteed to get ABK, they're feeling confident to make these moves now, when they weren't before. The only ones I feel sorry for are those who legit used MS Rewards as a supplement but otherwise were normal fans and not online console warriors capping for the brand 24/7 or attacking PlayStation to do so. They're the ones who have to adjust a lot sooner than they probably would've liked or maybe even can afford to do so.

Welp, it is what it is.

bender

What time is it?
Holy shit; that ResetERA thread is FUMING right now!! Also apologies to the Game Pass subbers here who leveraged MS Rewards.

I expected MS to just scale back the amount of Rewards points you could allocate to Game Pass per month, not axe it altogether. Quite the staggering power move they did, there. Stuff like this, or getting rid of the $1 conversion (Core phases out Gold, and you needed to stack Gold for the $1 conversion)...I expected them to do this to increase ARPU and they should've probably done this sooner.

But I guess with them basically guaranteed to get ABK, they're feeling confident to make these moves now, when they weren't before. The only ones I feel sorry for are those who legit used MS Rewards as a supplement but otherwise were normal fans and not online console warriors capping for the brand 24/7 or attacking PlayStation to do so. They're the ones who have to adjust a lot sooner than they probably would've liked or maybe even can afford to do so.

Welp, it is what it is.

Still think everyone is jumping the gun as XLG and PC GamePass are available to redeem.

Also, you can still buy Xbox Gift Cards via Rewards and then purchase Game Pass with those funds.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
People they didn’t removed it there’s a certain amount that can be redeemed and because of the glitch people redeemed all of them it will be back next month stop jumping to conclusions this has happened a few times before

peish

5-10 minutes a day can get you most of the points available to you short of the daily achievement quests and weekly Game Pass quests (this week was get 50 kills in The Old Blood). If you do everything these days, you are looking at ~25,000 points per month which might not be worth the time investment for a lot of folks.

50 days of 3 months xbl gold to gpu conversion at 15,000 points seems the best for existing subs

twilo99

10 mins/day (5hrs/month) gets me around ~16000 points/month in the US

The rewards subreddit is good place for tips on how to max out the deal

Last edited:

Kilau

$100 Amazon is 105,000 points.

I know because I just got 5.

bender

What time is it?

I do everything so I was close to 30K a month but with fitness videos being removed and the shopping game being fubar, I'm only going to get about 25K this month.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I'm routinely touching 28, 29k points a month. You get a lot for just doing the game pass daily, weekly, monthly quests. The Rewards reddit is a great place as well.

I do everything so I was close to 30K a month but with fitness videos being removed and the shopping game being fubar, I'm only going to get about 25K this month.

Shopping game still works but it sucks at updating properly, if you stick to it for a little bit, you should be able to get all the points (if you close the window after 10 attempts, it asks you to come back tomorrow, don't close the window until you get 100 points).

I'm at 25.6k points this month, probably gonna reach 28~k by the end.

Last edited:

twilo99

What shopping game?

Those are pro numbers ser ... I must be missing something, also, I try to do it with the least amount of effort lol

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
$100 Amazon is 105,000 points.

I know because I just got 5.

US? Am I missing some trick?

USAmazon-MSRewards.png

bender

What time is it?
The Rewards reddit is a great place as well.Shopping game still works but it sucks at updating properly, if you stick to it for a little bit, you should be able to get all the points (if you close the window after 10 attempts, it asks you to come back tomorrow, don't close the window until you get 100 points).

I use a script. I do about 12-13 answers. 10 points yesterday. 20 today. At some point it just isn't worth the effort. I did read if you refresh the tab after every attempt or close the tab after every attempt, people are having success but again, that's just too much of a hassle.

I'm sitting at 21,995 as of today.

Last edited:

twilo99

I use a script. I do about 12-13 answers. 10 points yesterday. 20 today. At some point it just isn't worth the effort. I did read if you refresh the tab after every attempt or close the tab after every attempt, people are having success but again, that's just too much of a hassle.

I'm sitting at 21,995 as of today.

I thought using scripts is a no go because you could get banned?

bender

What time is it?

Seems like the conversion rate is different depending on the age of your Rewards account. Since my account is newer, I'm getting boned.

I thought using scripts is a no go because you could get banned?

Supposedly the script runs locally so there is no way for Microsoft to tell save for always getting the answers right. I think they are more worried about VPN users or users with multiple accounts than someone cheating the busted ass Shopping game. There is no way to be successful doing it legitimately. If they ban me, they ban me.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Weird!

n0r14fo.jpg

In the US, don't have enough points right now, because I spent all of them, but still shows 105,000.

qEO0Afa.jpg

I also get 130k :(

Seems like the conversion rate is different depending on the age of your Rewards account. Since my account is newer, I'm getting boned.

Ah that makes sense, I only started doing rewards some months ago.

Last edited:

Kilau

Supposedly the script runs locally so there is no way for Microsoft to tell save for always getting the answers right. I think they are more worried about VPN users or users with multiple accounts than someone cheating the busted ass Shopping game. There is no way to be successful doing it legitimately. If they ban me, they ban me.

I guess that makes sense. I've been in the program since it was Bing Rewards Preview. So around 2010 or 2011. Kinda lame though honestly and the shopping game isn't even available to me lol.

They do say scripts are a bannable offense, but I have no idea how they detect them. There was a chrome extension, but it's been gone for a while.

bender

What time is it?
I guess that makes sense. I've been in the program since it was Bing Rewards Preview. So around 2010 or 2011. Kinda lame though honestly and the shopping game isn't even available to me lol.

They do say scripts are a bannable offense, but I have no idea how they detect them. There was a chrome extension, but it's been gone for a while.

I just follow the Microsoft Rewards Reddit and someone posts a bookmarklet that shows you the right answer. Microsoft keeps updating the game though which I'm guessing is trying to counter scripts. I've tried doing the shopping game legitimately but if you follow the links provided, the pricing is often outdated and you'll end up getting half wrong. It's just too much damned work. I kind of wish they'd get rid of it like they did with the fitness videos. If I can figure out how to get back to 100 points, I'm just going to take it out of my daily routine.

Last edited:

Kilau

I just follow the Microsoft Rewards Reddit and someone posts a bookmarklet that shows you the right answer. Microsoft keeps updating the game though which I'm guessing is trying to counter scripts. I've tried doing the shopping game legitimately but if you follow the links provided, the pricing is often outdated and you'll end up getting half wrong. It's just too much damned work. I kind of wish they'd get rid of it like they did with the fitness videos. If I can figure out how to get back to 100 points, I'm just going to take it out of my daily routine.
The fitness was great, there was those 2 videos that were under a min long. With the shopping game though, I only had the option one time but now it never shows up so I can't even do it.

twilo99

25k-30k/month is great but can it be done with ~10-15 mins/day?

If its running locally they might not be able to..

bender

What time is it?
The fitness was great, there was those 2 videos that were under a min long. With the shopping game though, I only had the option one time but now it never shows up so I can't even do it.

It took a while for videos to recycle though. I had a list of short videos (again from reddit). It just sucked that the video had to be on an active tab in an active window. I ain't got no time for fitness.

twilo99

So what's the big deal with this whole thing? Isn't buying amazon or xbox gift cards to buy gamepass with the same thing?

Kilau

So what's the big deal with this whole thing? Isn't buying amazon or xbox gift cards to buy gamepass with the same thing?
The auto redeem gives/gave a discount. Might be the same if auto redeeming $10 xbox gift cards, not sure if it equals out. Cheaper xbox cash but normal price GPU.

Tommi84

Carrot was first, now when the deal was approved by USA, they can start milking the consumers.

No worries, you still have cheaper yearly option for GPU, right? RIGHT? What do you mean you never had one? And I heard Sony was the bad one ;)

93xfan

Banned
no-one ever said that, let me know how those boots taste though little bro!
What a stupid comment. Does Nintendo and Sony have a way to get their subscription service for free? If not, then what MS is doing is defensible and you need to ask why Sony and Nintendo have yet to give you the same offer for even a few months, if not years.

The only one licking boots is the one who cannot be consistent about their expectations between platforms.

93xfan

Banned
Meh. I don't care. My sub runs out next March. It's been a total waste of money. The quality has been going steadily downhill since last year. So unless it drastically improves I ain't subbing again.
That’s fair. With Starfield and Forza, it should go up, but everyone has different tastes. I’m not sure I’ll keep subscribing after it runs out in 2025, but that means I’ll definitely be looking for a sale for Starfield before then.

What a stupid comment. Does Nintendo and Sony have a way to get their subscription service for free? If not, then what MS is doing is defensible and you need to ask why Sony and Nintendo have yet to give you the same offer for even a few months, if not years.

The only one licking boots is the one who cannot be consistent about their expectations between platforms.

#SoTendoToo

Sacred

RIP Xbox’s attempt to garner good will: 2018-2023.

Price increases on hardware, software & services. Programmes like backwards compatibility and FPS boost ended. Game Pass Ultimate 1:1 conversion ended, and to be completely removed when Game Pass Core launches. And now this.

In my opinion, Microsoft haven’t done anything to justify any of this behaviour.
Why do you lie OP, it was a mistake for the amount of time you were getting and they pulled it to adjust it. Also, the majority of what you listed here is untrue.

M.W.

When you use rewards, is it essentially full price for GPU? I don't always have a sub to GPU, only when there's stuff on there I want to play so I just get a 2 month code for like $6 to $8 bucks to tide me over.

Top Bottom