• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards: option to exchange points for Xbox Game Pass removed (up: back, post #198)

MarkMe2525

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

I don't have an account on reddit FYI.

I'm good for GP till 2026 (thank you glitch) and generally use the points for purchases as well. Latest will be Alan Wake 2.

Probably Like a Dragon: Man Who Erased His Name too, since both those are digital only.
That sounds like one awesome glitch.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
It surprises me that so many users redeem their points for gamepass. I personally save them up for game purchases. I legitimately haven't spent a dime of my own money on actual game purchases in two years (I also don't buy games at full MSRP 99% of the time).
I've bought games, a Elite series 2 controller and a mobile phone from John Lewis. I'm now collecting them towards a new tv.

twilo99

It surprises me that so many users redeem their points for gamepass. I personally save them up for game purchases. I legitimately haven't spent a dime of my own money on actual game purchases in two years (I also don't buy games at full MSRP 99% of the time).

Me too but it seems like a good deal so not surprising I guess.

So is it back?

Seems to be for some people

peish

GPU is back for me, but still no PC Game Pass

8MHoYIW.png

Edit: Actually, yes PC Game Pass is back as well.

kAcqnLH.png

Jurassic Park Wow GIF by Spotify

pc gamepass 3 months is the 'best ' deal for pcmr. i cannot redeem the pc gamepass codes while still sub to gpu. I end up with 60 days instead of 90 days. There is no option to downgrade from gpu to pcgp.

doing more goldblum maths, seems xbox live gold 3 months is stiill the 'best' value.

15,000 points for 3 months gold = 60 days gpu or 250 points per day.

22,750 points for 3 months pcgp = 90 days pcgp or 252.78 points per day.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I might just spend 140,000 on 12 months to take me to 2026 in case they pull this stunt again for good.

I can worry about my GPU life in August 2026 then.

twilo99

pc gamepass 3 months is the 'best ' deal for pcmr. i cannot redeem the pc gamepass codes while still sub to gpu. I end up with 60 days instead of 90 days. There is no option to downgrade from gpu to pcgp.

doing more goldblum maths, seems xbox live gold 3 months is stiill the 'best' value.

15,000 points for 3 months gold = 60 days gpu or 250 points per day.

22,750 points for 3 months pcgp = 90 days pcgp or 252.78 points per day.

Good maths ser.

Yes, gold convert is best. Buy 2x of those 3m golds would yield about 3 1/2 months for 30k reward points.

twilo99

I can’t find a thread for rewards points so I’ll use this..

Unfortunately I don’t think the new CoD will make it to gamepass in time before the launch so I’ll have to buy it.. thank you CMA, I feel protected.

I looked into it and it seems like options are extremely limited.. the only way I can do it here in the US seems to be this roundabout way:

Redeem Amazon gift card > buy Gamestop gift card > buy Steam gift card

Does anyone know a better way to buy PC games?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

Unfortunately I don’t think the new CoD will make it to gamepass in time before the launch so I’ll have to buy it.. thank you CMA, I feel protected.

I looked into it and it seems like options are extremely limited.. the only way I can do it here in the US seems to be this roundabout way:

I did that with Diablo 4. Redeemed points for Amazon, used Amazon card to buy Best Buy gift card. Used Best Buy card to buy Steam gift card. Pretty easy and all digital delivery.

As far as using MS Rewards points, I think that's about as easy as it gets when buying outside MS.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Topher already answered your current question but FYI there is an OT for Rewards too.

Also, today is Tuesdsay so keep an eye for the weekly rewards quests going up in 2~ hours from now. Points points baby!

Last edited:

twilo99

I did that with Diablo 4. Redeemed points for Amazon, used Amazon card to buy Best Buy gift card. Used Best Buy card to buy Steam gift card. Pretty easy and all digital delivery.

As far as using MS Rewards points, I think that's about as easy as it gets when buying outside MS.

Alright that’s good then, thanks!

It’s weird that they don’t offer a more “direct” way of buying PC games but that will do..

twilo99

Neither amazon nor Best Buy are letting me purchase gift cars with the their own gift card balance lol .. how long ago did you do it?

Topher

Gold Member
Neither amazon nor Best Buy are letting me purchase gift cars with the their own gift card balance lol .. how long ago did you do it?

June 1. I bought a $100 Best Buy gift card using a $50 Amazon gift card.

iGUy7w3.png

Then used that to buy a Blizzard gift card for Diablo 4. I guess they changed their policy.

twilo99

I guess they did.. shame, I don’t see another way of doing it. Oh well, plenty of other ways to spend the points but I thought I’d get that vault edition of MW3 lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Huh that seems like a recent change. I used a gift card from Best buy to convert to Amazon to buy FF16 when it came out.

Top Bottom