• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards: option to exchange points for Xbox Game Pass removed (up: back, post #198)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
pretty sure it was removed as it was giving 3 months instead of one. It will be back
Yes, there was a thread about it here even.

For those unsure of what's being described, for a time if you bought 1 month points you got a code for 3 months instead. They took it offline at that point.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
'Best deal in gaming' no more. Not just because of the cards. The price hikes, the lack of content that isn't Z tier garbage, and the unwarranted ascension of arrogant Microsoft.

PC Gamepass is still reasonable, but $18.95AUD a month for GPU to play ancient games and Starfield? Fuck off.

Yep, I knew that one day MS would cut off the tap, so to speak, when they knew they had a big, desirable title in the pipeline. At one time I was all in on those rewards points, but now I'm all "meh" with their ecosystem. Reminds me of those Velveeta cheese logs you get to make Rotel dip. At one time they were huge and priced at around $5, but now they're much smaller and cost $8. :messenger_crying:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It has been removed and re-added numerous times in the past.

Give it a few days and it'll be back.

Very likely they took it down temporarily because of the glitch ..... some .... of us used to re-up game pass to 2026.

Last edited:

Danknugz

i had my auto renew for 10,500 points go missing on the xbox rewards app. Was thinking they would at least still allow the one for 12,000 points.

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Live Gold is still there so they may just be updating things. You can still turn points directly into store cards at 1000 points = $1.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Live Gold is still there so they may just be updating things. You can still turn points directly into store cards at 1000 points = $1.

I've had it on the $10 gift card for a while and in general use the points for gift cards anyway.

Don't need to worry about game pass till 2026 now lol.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Odd, PC Game Pass is still available for myself. Either they're slowly taking them away, or they're doing something else?

P5VGtA4.jpg

adamsapple

Odd, PC Game Pass is still available for myself. Either they're slowly taking them away, or they're doing something else?

P5VGtA4.jpg

PC Game Pass is still there, they just took off the console one after an exploit last weekend let people redeem 3 months for the price of 1. It should be back in a few days, it has been taken off before as well.

Can’t you just redeem for a gift card for a store that sells Game Pass cards?

Yes, you can just redeem the points for Xbox gift card and use it to buy game pass from them directly, it takes less points than using points to get Amazon gift cards etc.

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

And that's only the beginning, now they have an audience, wait for the game pass price increase.

How poor are you guys?? jfc.
Poor man mentality gaming bites back.
And look at these green rats "hey, why are you so poor ?" about an offer that exactly targeting people who doesn't want to pay a lot to play.
If you are so rich, guys mocking others, just buy your games.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Last edited:

Hip Hop

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you

they’re slowly closing the ’loopholes’ as they turn towards profit generation over increasing subscribership

all the people on here who talked about how GPU was the best deal in gaming because they got it free from Rewards will now have to pay
lmao its like you are condemning all these subscribers! 😂

"You will all now PAY!!!!"

Hestar69

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo add it back its how i get game pass lol. Glad i got 3 months last month good until dec

bender

What time is it?
I wouldn't read too much into this as redeemable rewards disappear and reappear at will. The program is super generous but it's very, very buggy. People mention getting 3 months of GPU when redeeming a 1 month reward but the monthly auto-redeem for GPU has been broken for a lot of users since April. That reward has also disappeared and repapered in that time frame. As well as the possibility of it being pulled because of the 3 month snafu earlier in the month, they could also be adjusting the point value to correspond with the price hike that is coming our way. The Rewards Team isn't very agile or very communicative but it's hard to complain given the nature of the program. I'd wait-and-see before overreacting.

Last edited:
So far they've stopped you converting live to ultimate cheaply.
They've upped the price.
Now removing buying it for free with points. Maybe they removed it because of the glitch, maybe it was the perfect excuse to remove it, who knows.

Price will go up next year and the year after. Nothing stopping them. People seemed deluded it's the best deal in gaming lol.

Sanepar

They're assuming they're soon going to hold more studios and IPs than anyone else.

They think they have no need to pretend they're cool anymore.
Party's over.
And they are right. You will need to consume for them so they can charge whatever they want.

RIP Xbox’s attempt to garner good will: 2018-2023.

Price increases on hardware, software & services. Programmes like backwards compatibility and FPS boost ended. Game Pass Ultimate 1:1 conversion ended, and to be completely removed when Game Pass Core launches. And now this.

In my opinion, Microsoft haven’t done anything to justify any of this behaviour.

Yeah, these moves added up for me and caused me to move to PC as my primary platform.

Xbox was really keeping me entrenched in their ecosystem with the strong and ongoing BC lineup, Xbox One Enhanced games, Microsoft Rewards program, and the GPU conversion trick.

Literally all of these things have now either been nerfed or eliminated altogether.

The move to PC has been great. Still get access to Game Pass and Xbox Game Studios games, but now also have access to PlayStation Studios games, and all at higher resolutions/better settings/higher FPS.

baphomet

what are people even staying signed up for?

Atomic Heart was the last thing worth paying $10 to rent for a month, and since then there's not been a single thing worth paying to rent.

I’ve never understood how people get the reward points for it anyway. I could be wrong but it seems like you’d have to spend a decent anoint of time every day wasting time on Bing and stupid quests. I’d rather just pay a few dollars a month.

Winter John

Gold Member
Meh. I don't care. My sub runs out next March. It's been a total waste of money. The quality has been going steadily downhill since last year. So unless it drastically improves I ain't subbing again.

adamsapple

I’ve never understood how people get the reward points for it anyway. I could be wrong but it seems like you’d have to spend a decent anoint of time every day wasting time on Bing and stupid quests. I’d rather just pay a few dollars a month.

Once you get a hang of it, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes. You can automate/speed a lot of it up just by having a bunch of searches bookmarked etc.

Reward points have helped me buy hundred(s) of dollars worth of games on sales over the last 12 months, lol.

Antwix

what are people even staying signed up for?

Atomic Heart was the last thing worth paying $10 to rent for a month, and since then there's not been a single thing worth paying to rent.
Well, it was stupid to not get GPU if you're on Xbox live gold since it was a 1:1 conversion. Nowadays it's a bit of a different story. But you could do a monthly auto-redeem for GPU thru MS rewards for a cheaper point value than just manually redeeming it.

Like 3 minutes a day or so. The people who go for all the daily/weekly quests and such are crazy. That's like a job lol

Top Bottom