• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is finally clarifying the situation regarding future Bethesda games

And you need to start learning to read English. That's the only thing you need to know.
Had you learned to read it yourself, there'd be no need for half the members of Gaf to explain to you what Phil's comments mean.

There's been literally dozens and dozens of people here trying to tell you something that wasn't hard to grasp in the first place. I'm at the point of wondering if you honestly have a mental illness or something. Your refusal to accept such a basic concept isn't normal. Or healthy for that matter.

kpOyxsQ.png

Concern

Unless you are really stupid no they didn't clear anything. (lol)

Delusional much? lol

Are you dumb or are you pretending to be dumb?

No one said that they will not make ANY exclusives for GP that would have been idiotic. But will these exclusives be new IPs? Will they be old IPs that were previously on other platforms as well (like TES for example)? Will they be timed-exclusive? Nothing in Spencer's words is clear about that and that's what is allowing his fanboys to spin his words.

What exactly is NOT vague for you?

And you need to start learning to read English. That's the only thing you need to know.

Just for context. And this is just page one of your history.

Gatox

Banned
I thought “legacy” was a fairly standard software industry term to refer to existing software that may be old or even considered obsolete. At least that’s how we use the term at my F500 enterprise software company. New products we offer, even if they are closely related, are not part of that ”legacy”. I assume Phil is using legacy in much the same way and new games will not be under the legacy umbrella, but patches and updates to existing games will be.
That's exactly what it means in all industries, I'm a CE&I engineer and it refers to current or older iterations, has absolutely nothing to do with future releases.

MonarchJT

Banned
But, of course, blame Sony camp and how they eat crow, but DELIBERATELY ignoring what MS said recently and more than a half a year ago :

Last year :

Yeah, Xbox fans, this is what your leader said. He wouldn't exclude others from being able to play and force to buy Xbox. But Zenimax acquisition happened and now flip-flop. Isn't than nice, Xbox fans

Your relatively closed mindset to the world of consoles is limiting the way you understand what Spencer said

For example, one of the parts you underline:

"Sorry, I am a bit soapboxy with this one. Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives, and I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my specific device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about."

Microsoft is for the first time in the world of consoles trying to break the barrier that sees the user forced to buy X hardware to play Y game. Today everyone has a tablet ... a phone, a notebook or a PC you objectively probably already have at home what you need to access Microsott games.
The fact is that you are not satisfied with this but you expect a certain experience. Well in this case Microsoft has once again lowered the barriers to entry by releasing on PC or introducing a low cost console (S series)

And again from your post:

"September: "case-by-case"
Tuesday: "some new titles in the future will be exclusive"
Today: exclusive games are "the root of this partnership
"

Prior to the closing of the acquisition, it was completely illegal for Ms to speak as if they owned Bethesda , so one could expect nothing but vague answers. Indeed, Spencer said several times that he was unable to talk about it.

The case by case rule still remains today what Microsoft is preparing to do. Elder Scroll online is one case, Starfield another, Doom.3 VR is another and so is Deathloop. All different cases that will see completely different actions from Microsoft.
But this does not change (so we come to the last statement today) that Bethesda is a Microsoft First party exactly like Naughty Dog or Sony santa monica are for Sony.
MMO games will be released on PlayStation older games if they see dlc's or expansions, these will come on older versions of games on PlayStation. The agreements made previously will be honored and then Deathloop and Tokyowire will be timed exclusives and will arrive later on Xbox, AND Doom 3 VR will only be released on PlayStation. That's it. The rest or the new games , which are the exact reason why Microsoft spent 7.5b are Microsoft exclusives .... The elder scrolls, Doom, The evil within, Fallout, Starfield and everything that will be produced you can have it only if you have an Xbox or a Windows PC or xcloud on other devices.

Last edited:

Concern

But, of course, blame Sony camp and how they eat crow, but DELIBERATELY ignoring what MS said recently and more than a half a year ago :

Last year :

Yeah, Xbox fans, this is what your leader said. He wouldn't exclude others from being able to play and force to buy Xbox. But Zenimax acquisition happened and now flip-flop. Isn't than nice, Xbox fans. Never change, Xbox fans, never change. But it is understandable since you needed a fuel in a console wars because you were mocked in last 10+ years.

Lmao Lol GIF

Hold up... isn't Phil just a "lying scumbag that just wants your money"?

Now we're clinging to his words from last year when they obviously couldn't speak more openly about the pending deal lol.

Prior to the closing of the acquisition, it was completely illegal for Ms to speak as if they owned Bethesda , so one could expect nothing but vague answers. Indeed, Spencer said several times that he was unable to talk about it.

The case by case rule still remains today what Microsoft is preparing to do. Elder Scroll online is one case, Starfield another, Doom.3 VR is another and so is Deathloop. All different cases that will see completely different from Microsoft.
But this does not change (so we come to the last statement today) that Bethesda is a Microsoft First party exactly like Naughty Dog or Sony santa monica are for Sony.

Yeah, yeah. Phil had a clear intention with Zenimax buyout. Forcing to buy Xbox platform, but before claimed the opposite.

Like i've said, blaming others and deliberately ignoring what Phil said. Yes, Phil is now forcing you to buy Xbox ( outside who doesn't have a decent PC ) if you want to play in future new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls. Cheers!
🤣

You don't get to add a caveat to your claim such as "(outside who doesn't have a decent PC)", while still claiming that you were correct.

You said they were forcing you to buy xbox, when that's not the case. You were wrong. End of story.

MonarchJT

Banned
Like i've said, blaming others and deliberately ignoring what Phil said. Yes, Phil is now forcing you to buy Xbox ( outside who doesn't have a decent PC ) if you want to play in future new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls. Cheers!

No, you can play on phone or tablet or browser on your tv with a controller or on desktop, laptop , mac , or series s or series x
whats wrong with that?

🤣

You don't get to add a caveat to your claim such as "(outside who doesn't have a decent PC)", while still claiming that you were correct.

You said they were forcing you to buy xbox, when that's not the case. You were wrong. End of story.

Not everyone has a decent PC

Oh, yes, those who will want to play new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls and future titles. Cheers!

Phil Spencer is now forcing people to buy Xbox to play.

No, you can play on phone or tablet or browser on your tv with a controller or on desktop, laptop , mac , or series s or series x
whats wrong with that?

The very vast majority of the gamers doesn't have a capability to stream games in good quality.

Last edited:

Concern

Again congrats with your hypocrisy and how you cherrypicked only the quotes that push your own agenda against me and not the ones of others insulted me. You're really something else!! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Yea sure... everyone has "insulted" you here first lol. I could keep pulling out more but no need to. You obviously can't handle differing opinions and resort to insults.

And this is all over an acquisition you "don't care" about. 😉

Fredrik

Legacy means old and established. New things are not a legacy.

So according to how you interpreted it, for Microsoft to get any exclusives out of this acquisition, which was seemingly the goal of the whole plan, they would have to bury all Bethesda’s big classic IPs?

DOOM, Dishonored, Wolfenstein, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.

Poof. Gone.

Do you realize how absurd this idea is?

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned

Oh, yes, those who will want to play new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls and future titles. Cheers!

The very vast majority of the gamers doesn't have a capability to stream games in good quality.
And doesn't have a pc or notebook ? or doesn't have 299 to buy a series s? They practically have nothing but the ps5 ??? Because the truth is that you are clearly talking about games on ps5 but it was stupid from the start to expect Microsoft to spend its money and then leave everything as it was before the acquisition, and you will understand it. This especially when Sony has always been very aggressive against Xbox and with predatory actions has left the Ms console dry-mouthed many times with third parties as we saw was trying to do before the acquisition. Honestly, Sony has been doing this for 20 years and almost pushed Microsoft to accelerate the consolidation, which had already started as Microsoft thinks that Apple and the other big names will soon enter the streaming video game market

Yeah bud. Sorry, there's no helping you. It's obvious you don't know the difference between what "forcing" and "not forcing" means.

It's as if I were trying to explain it to a duck...
That had been shot by a hunter.

And was drowning in the pond it had fallen into.

While being chewed on by the retriever.

Last edited:
And doesn't have a pc or notebook ? or doesn't have 299 to buy a series s? They practically have nothing but the ps5 ??? Because the truth is that you are clearly talking about games on ps5 but it was stupid from the start to expect Microsoft to spend its money and then leave everything as it was before the acquisition, and you will understand it. This especially when Sony has always been very aggressive against Xbox and with predatory actions has left the Ms console dry-mouthed many times with third parties as we saw was trying to do before the acquisition. Honestly, Sony has been doing this for 20 years and almost pushed Microsoft to accelerate the consolidation, which had already started as Microsoft thinks that Apple and the other big names will soon enter the streaming video game market

Not everyone can afford multiple gaming platforms. It cost money. Looks like you ignoring what MS did during X360 days.

Yeah bud. Sorry, there's no helping you. It's obvious you don't know the difference between "forcing" and "not forcing" means.

It's as if I were trying to explain it to a duck...
That had been shot by a hunter.

And was drowning in the pond it fallen into.

While being chewed on by the retriever.

Looks like you keep ignoring this one :

Those who will want to play new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls and future titles are forced to buy an Xbox. Same crap if you want to play a new FF VII Remake or FF 16, you are forced to buy a new PS5 ( if you don't have one )

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Who the heck is Paris? Parris Hilton?

Phil is infamous for engaging with Xbox provocateur podcasters who have less collective insight than the average neogaf 12yo. So I’m not sure what this is supposed to be?
So... you?

Oh the Sony bro’s are taking this haaaard.
1rv3v9.jpg

Looks like you keep ignoring this one :

Those who will want to play new Doom, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, The Evil Within, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls and future titles are forced to buy an Xbox. Same crap if you want to play a new Ratchet, you are forced to buy a new PS5 ( if you don't have one )
Still wrong kiddo. Try again.

MonarchJT

Banned
So according to how you interpreted it, for Microsoft to get any exclusives out of this acquisition, which was seemingly the goal of the whole plan, they would have to bury all Bethesda’s big classic IPs?

Poof. Gone.

I don't understand why this nonsense continues to be spreaded. Phil Spencer in person replying to Parris on Twitter said that everything he said during his cast is exactly what Ms is going to do about exclusivity.

It will be like this ....On playstation:
- Eso (with all the updates and dlc's)
- Fallout76 (with all the updates and dlc's)
- Deathloop
- Ghost wire
- Doom 3 VR
- Indiana Jones (we will see , because is a licensed ip and could end up multi plats)

XBox + Windows 10 PC's + xcloud
- all new releases and new ip

Shmunter

Poof. Gone.

Why would they bury anything? I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Phil’s complex language blowing circuits? Lol, nah just kidding, you’re alright.

sublimit

Banned
Thing is, its not the first insult you've thrown in these threads. But sure, thanks
Yea sure... everyone has "insulted" you here first lol. I could keep pulling out more but no need to. You obviously can't handle differing opinions and resort to insults.

And this is all over an acquisition you "don't care" about. 😉
I could also keep pulling the posts you have insulted me and others in the past and make your hypocrisy even more apparent but i really don't want to waste my time with hypocrites such as you. Everyone can look at your post history and see your "qualities". BUT OH WAIT! You have your profile turned into private in order to NOT allow others search your post history! How much more proof someone can have of how much of a coward and a hypocrite you are?? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

And keep spinning and putting words in my mouth i never said. You are really an expert at that. If there was an award for biggest douche in this site i'm sure you would have won it very easily!(y)(y)

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
Who the heck is Paris? Parris Hilton?

Phil is infamous for engaging with Xbox provocateur podcasters who have less collective insight than the average neogaf 12yo. So I’m not sure what this is supposed to be?
It's a famous youtuber (for xbox community)
Now participates in Kinda Funny xcast
At 0:55:58 you can hear what he thinks about exclusivity

After the cast Spencer went to comment on Twitter saying that Parris said exactly what Ms will do

Virtually everything exclusive except the old contracts, mmo like ESO and fallout76 and probably Indiana Jones since is a licensed ip

Last edited:

Fredrik

Why would they bury anything? I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Phil’s complex language blowing circuits? Lol, nah just kidding, you’re alright.
I’m trying to say that they wouldn’t be able to create the exclusives Microsoft bought them for if they create new games in the legacy franchises. They would have to choose and put something in hiatus, and it seems highly unlikely that they would do that to the games they’re known for.

So, no exclusives for MS?

Common sense simply says that new entries in the big classic IPs will be exclusive to Xbox/PC from here on.

Concern

I could also keep pulling the posts you have insulted me and others in the past and make your hypocrisy even more apparent but i really don't want to waste my time with hypocrites such as you. Everyone can look at your post history and see your "qualities". BUT OH WAIT! You have your profile turned into private in order to NOT allow others search your post history! How much more proof someone can have of how much of a coward and a hypocrite you are?? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

And keep spinning and putting words in my mouth i never said. You are really an expert at that. If there was an award for biggest douche in this site i'm sure you would have won it very easily!(y)(y)

Sure bud. I don't do the insults on a forum. Find a better way to cope. Have a nice day.

Top Bottom