• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

GRW810

Treasurenauts is still a thing, huh?

I never played Ittle Dew because of reports of bugs and glitches but I'm intrigued by this somewhat surprising sequel, if it irons out performance issues.

Just not convinced I need this much space. Honestly thinking the 128 is enough for now, looking at my wiiu that has a 250gb hd that still has about 80gb free and has a lot of full retail games installed. Its not like I am going to downlod 40gb of games that first week.
I went for the 200GB too, I just like to be better safe than sorry. I went way above and beyond on my Wii U and 3DS and I'm glad that I never have to clean the fridge like I do with my Playstation.

Stopdoor

Anyone know if you should play Plague or Specter Knight campaign first? Already played the original one (called Shovel of Hope now..?) on 3DS.

Plague came out first, so I'd assume that one? Almost always best to play things in release order.

moozoom

sU and the Quest for meaning
RIME
Zombie Vikings
TowerFall Ascension
Thumper
Splasher
RIVE
Enter the Gungeon
1001 Spikes
Redout
Pocket Rumble
Neuro Voider
Kingdom Two Crowns
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
The Binding of Issac Afterbirth +
The Escapists 2
Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
Wargroove
Fast RMX
Has Been Heroes
Gonner
Dandara
Flipping Death
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
Celeste
Perception
Hollow Knight
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
WonderBoy and the Dragon's Trap
Shakedown Hawaii
Overcooked!
Battle Chef Brigade

Already many interesting games, too much for my budget and time even !
Really happy with the lineup and the surprises of the direct.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah Nintendo want people to spend money on those indie games so that devs keep putting their upcoming titles on Switch as well. There isn't much benefit for them if people spend the money instead on the game Mario VC classic games. That's why FAST, Shovel Knight and Co. are there from day 1...clear message for the indie scene to embrace the platform.

VC will have to wait a bit... Which is good news since they will likely add substantial upgrades (online mp already confirmed) for these classics. Win/Win.

Yeah Nintendo want people to spend money on those indie games so that devs keep putting their upcoming titles on Switch as well. There isn't much benefit for them if people spend the money instead on the game Mario VC classic games. That's why FAST, Shovel Knight and Co. are there from day 1...clear message for the indie scene to embrace the platform.

VC will have to wait a bit... Which is good news since they will likely add substantial upgrades (online mp already confirmed) for these classics. Win/Win.

Yep. Also I think VC will be different. It works out well for everyone.

Shovel Knight
Fast RMX
World of Goo
Human Resource Machine
Little Inferno

Blaster Master Zero is the following week.

I hope World of Goo, Little Inferno and Human Resource Machine are still launch... I feel like we haven't heard anything from Tomorrow Corp in a while about it.

klier

Yep. Also I think VC will be different. It works out well for everyone.

But will be be able to transfer VC games to Switch from the WiiU? I have many NES, SNES and N64 games.

In fact, in anticipation of BOTW, I am playing ALTTP, TP HD and OoT at the same time :D
OoT and ALTTP both from VC.

But will be be able to transfer VC games to Switch from the WiiU? I have many NES, SNES and N64 games.

In fact, in anticipation of BOTW, I am playing ALTTP, TP HD and OoT at the same time :D
OoT and ALTTP both from VC.

Uncertain at this point. It's likely they will transfer with an upgrade fee... which stinks.

Looking great. Wish they announced more 'concrete' dates for the games though. Mr.Shifty looks especially nice. I look forward to getting back into Stardew Valley. Bit surprised that Runner 3 is going to be an exclusive though. What was Runner 2 sales numbers like for all platforms?

I love seeing Nintendo support and highlight indies like this and also seeing how well the community is responding. I haven't seen this much positivity surrounding the Switch since... ever.

What I really want Nintendo to do (and I have no idea how) is bring some indies more into the "mainstream." Clearly, "gamers" respond well. I want to see someone who gets a Switch for Mario Kart and Just Dance download Shovel Knight or Snake Pass.

I think the integrated multiplayer with the detached Joy-Cons really might help make this happen. No one I work with knows what Shovel Knight is. I already plan on doing co-op during lunch or after hours with some co-workers.

Here's a thought.

No VC at launch helps highlight these new indie games.

Nintendo games are so popular that they absorb a lot of dollars, attention, and gaming time.

With VC, third party dont just compete with current Nintendo software, but their entire catalogue of classics of several generations.

Giving them the spotlight for launch is probably a good idea.

"More room for third parties to survive" was always the apology for a thin first-party catalogue at launch, though, even before mid-priced digital-only games were a factor. It certainly didn't work out for the 3DS, though we'll see if anything is different this time around with Zelda holding the fort as a solitary first-party titan while indies cover all the bases for diversity.

What I'm more optimistic about it this: if I recall, developers like Yacht Club and Image & Form that targeted Nintendo as the lead platform, with games in Nintendo-friendly genres, frequently reported in the Wii U/3DS era that even once they went multiplatform, Nintendo accounted for a substantial proportion of their sales. Word gets around about that, and word will get around again if the first wave of Switch indie titles and timed exclusives pay off handsomely. For indie developers in certain genres, the Switch-buying market is their blue ocean: a market with favourable demographics that isn't so saturated with indistinguishable competition that they have trouble standing out, and which (unlike Steam) doesn't have a norm of waiting for bundles or a $5 price point, or a player base notorious for a crippling backlog problem.

I could see an embrace of the Switch paying off in spades. Developers returning from the 3DS and Wii U are back because they know the Switch will be friendly territory, and their peers in the indie sector are catching on.

jacobs34

The idea of playing a bunch of really cool indie games in bed on a lazy Sunday morning may be the thing that has me most excited for the Switch. If they can keep up a strong indie lineup I will probably pick one up.

Thumper with HD rumble sounds cool but I already have it on PSVR which I'm sure is a superior experience.

I ain't got that shit homie, gonna go straight to my joycons. Like how I'd want Rez Infinite to get on the Switch cause HD Rumble is better than not having a $5K suit.

Anyone know if you should play Plague or Specter Knight campaign first? Already played the original one (called Shovel of Hope now..?) on 3DS.

That depends on which one's gameplay interests you more.

Plague has super maneuverability, but has a rather steep learning curve. Specter seems to be more straightforward, and seems somewhat reminiscent of Ninja Gaiden.

Joqu

I'm stoked for the Steamworld Dig sequel, I seriously loved the original on 3DS.

Never checked Heist out though. That's not coming to Switch too, is it?

lots of other good stuff on that list though! D:

Hollow Knight, Monster Boy and Wonder Boy? Yum.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Duck Game
Yooka-Laylee
Tumbleseed: A Rolly Roguelike
Snake Pass
Stardew Valley
Overcooked!
The Jack Box Party Pack 3
TowerFall Ascension
Ittle Dew 2

All definite buys, wowee

Glad I got that 256gb card ready during the Amazon flash holiday sales. My Vita is going to have a great companion for my travels. Handheld BBFs.

Zemm

Jack box Party pack is the killer app

we play Quiplash 2 prob twice a month and it's so good. I'm going to make sure Duck Game gets a chance when people come around too because that game is amazing.

This list is unreal, the local co-op for this machine is going to make it for me.

Zedark

Did someone at least make a list on this thread or other? I wanna see the launch games for NA.

We have this infographic, which is obviously lacking some more recent announcements:

532014-nintendo-switch-games-february-2017.jpg

WOAH WHAT NO WAY DON'T DO THIS TO ME
It's not, the GAFfer in question misread some article, it still has a generic March release date.

Top Bottom