• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

Hmmm, Rez Infinite on Switch with 4-8 Joycons with HD rumble activated...

rhPWtm6.gif

Ehh. Many of these games (at least their PC equivalents) have pretty small file sizes; one could probably get at least half of the ones in the image from the first post and not have run out of built-in storage.

Plus they probably have a little bit of Nintendo's compression black magic in those dev kits.

psyfi

Banned
The idea of playing a bunch of really cool indie games in bed on a lazy Sunday morning may be the thing that has me most excited for the Switch. If they can keep up a strong indie lineup I will probably pick one up.
Seriously, I'll rarely take my Switch out of the house, but the fact that I can play it anywhere in my house is a pretty big selling point. I'll get every multiplat on Switch cause of that alone.

Cerium

So many games, many coming out soon, with no OTs claimed!

I was hyped for this and the presentation still blew away my expectations.

I've heard this sentiment from 3 different coworkers today (about not pre-ordering a Switch when they had the chance.)

tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

All three massive Stardew Valley fans.

Plum

So many games, many coming out soon, with no OTs claimed!

I was hyped for this and the presentation still blew away my expectations.

I'm tempted to claim Runner 3 or Steamworld Dig 2 but I've never done an OT before so I don't really know how to start.

psyfi

Banned
I'm tempted to claim Runner 3 or Steamworld Dig 2 but I've never done an OT before so I don't really know how to start.
Go for it, it's easy! Just provide info, some pretty banners (ask for help if you need to), and maybe some community stuff (like a Nintendo ID list if there's multiplayer), etc.

Give it a shot. :)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Biggest thing about the Switch is the extra horsepower should get it over the hump that the Vita had for some of the more graphically intensive games that had framerate issues compared to in console and PC.

Switch should have enough extra horsepower to alleviate this roadblock.

Nanashrew

Banned
Biggest thing about the Switch is the extra horsepower should get it over the hump that the Vita had for some of the more graphically intensive games that had framerate issues compared to in console and PC.

Switch should have enough extra horsepower to alleviate this roadblock.

And support for more modern engines.

You, uh, been paying attention at all?

Regardless, have fun playing all the new releases on your Vita.

Whew!

bender-laughing.gif

Guess you haven't. The Vita's upcoming indie list and already existing current catalog of them is massive. And you think it's just going to stop getting new indie releases right now?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329852

Doesn't make this not super cool though that it looks like Switch will hopefully have a good library of them too.

Surprised to see "Nintendo Switch" trending on my Twitter. Nintendo really knocked it out the park with this presentation and got people really hyped again.

What is Away: Journey to the Unexpected? As far as I can tell, it and NBA Playgrounds are the only games here that haven't already been announced or released in any capacity and weren't detailed today.

Buggy Loop

Holy shit, i will have to start making a list of wanted games, so many :eek:

Flipping Death & Wargroove stood out the most for my taste in this presentation. There's many more games i want, but these 2 were very nice surprises. Wargroove will deliver a sort of Fire Emblem x Advance wars clone? Yessss yes please. The art style of Flipping death is so awesome.

psyfi

Banned
Surprised to see "Nintendo Switch" trending on my Twitter. Nintendo really knocked it out the park with this presentation and got people really hyped again.
Yeah, it's pretty smart of them to generate so much hype right before launch. Get people talking about it.

You've convinced me.

Doesn't look like I've convinced Nintendo yet. Here's the response I got from them today:

"Thank you for reaching out to us about developing for the Nintendo Switch. At this time we have not opened up the doors for all developers, but we are still accepting project sheets for the Wii U and the 3Ds. If you have not yet registered your company on the Nintendo Developer Portal site, please do so. We will be updating our home page with upcoming announcements about the Switch and the opportunities to develop for it."

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit, Wargroove looks incredible. Langrisser with a level editor? I'm SO in.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't believe we'll have to wait too long for impressions on some of those games

C5xiqcrUwAEcGko.jpg

C5yUm5vUwAEHaWd.jpg

Moreover, remember the secret game that was in the Switch software trailer back in January, the one with Miis and coloured squares? Well, our guess (Mekuru from Over Fence) was actually correct

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/28/mysterious-nintendo-switch-game-project-mekuru-revealed

IMG_9397.JPG-720x540.jpeg

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44199/project-mekuru-announced-for-nintendo-switch

Taking advantage of the the day's Nintendo Indie Showcase event, the reveal video showcased four-player battle mode gameplay on stages composed of tiled flooring and obstacles. Players controlled Miis (Baker confirmed Mii Support for the title), and used a ground-pound move to smash into the floow and flip over closeby tiles to their color instead of that of their opponents. The short video also showcased power-ups, different stage layouts, and how getting caught in the flipped-tile area of an opponent's ground pound would send you flying off the stage.

iCodec

Wargroove looked amazing, hope it actually comes out sometime this year considering how long it took them to get Starbound finished.

Thoraxes

Well, that was quite better than what my expectations were by a massive longshot.

Coupled with the portability, I love this. It's gonna be awesome to throw down in Towerfall with my coworker on lunch and stuff.

ViciousDS

Banned
*prays NBA Playgrounds is just NBA Jam rebranded*

Omg, any game in the style of either NBA jam or NBA street on the switch would be fucking amazing

This list is insane. I've actually never played shovel knight lol. I will check it out in the switch

Cuburt

Nintendo just knocked it out the park with this Nindie Direct and just rallying up this much great support. Not only are there a lot of great games, but many of the games are just great fits of the system and there are a lot of exclusives. I think Nintendo and many indie devs realize not only the potential of the system but how big it can be for all parties if it's a big hit.

And the best part is that unlike AAA multiplatform games, the development time can be a lot less so many indie games should be able to be pretty easily brought over to the system (if it's as easy to develop for as it sounds) so I expect the announcements to just keep flowing throughout the year.

Top Bottom