• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

jett

D-Member
Don't sleep on Hollow Knight people, potentially the best metroidvania that will hit the system.

hollow_knight_promo_image__3_by_teamcherry-d8a1cln.png

Just finished watching the presentation. I'm not much of an indie person, but the video had me changing my mind. I mainly bought the Switch as a home console for first party exclusives, but maybe I'll actually use it for mobile indie games. Year one is looking pretty good atm

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I'm confident I'll be very pleased with my portable Nintendo+Indie game machine. That's a solid fucking list.

Definitive must gets:

Isaac Afterbirth+
Stardew Valley
Snake Pass
Shovel Knight
Fast RMX
The Fall Part 2 (The first part was so fucking good, real hype for this one)
Hollow Knight (Unless I get to it on PC beforehand)
Wonderboy Dragon's Trap
Yooka-Laylee (If it doesn't run as poopy as the trailer indicates)

And all of these coming in 2017? Yeah Christmas seems like a very very very good time to get a Switch. Also put Axiom Verge on there so I can double dip, dammit!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Here's a thought.

No VC at launch helps highlight these new indie games.

Nintendo games are so popular that they absorb a lot of dollars, attention, and gaming time.

With VC, third party dont just compete with current Nintendo software, but their entire catalogue of classics of several generations.

Giving them the spotlight for launch is probably a good idea.
This. Incompetence my ass. The light is on indies and so is our money, so this is smart. VC can wait, new support can't.

MLH

Going to have to pester Nigoro for La-Mulana 1 & 2!
My personal favorite indie game. Will hold out for physical cave story that Nicalis teased.
Hope more indies get physical releases.

BigPete

Was totally going to hold off on buying an SD card.

Just ordered a 128GB for all the indie games I'm going to buy.

This presentation was absolutely insane. I didn't think I could get much more hyped after all the Zelda previews... I was wrong.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Just not convinced I need this much space. Honestly thinking the 128 is enough for now, looking at my wiiu that has a 250gb hd that still has about 80gb free and has a lot of full retail games installed. Its not like I am going to downlod 40gb of games that first week.

The Wii has given you mad skills in cleaning out your fridge ;P

Crayolan

Step 1 to usurping Vita going well: obtain aaaaaall the indie support

Will probably buy Yooka Laylee, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Flipping Death, and maybe Snake Pass on Switch. Cave Story too if it gets a physical release.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd get the largest size flash memory you can. Portables crave it. No more deleting a game to make space for something else, only to redownload it when you want to play it again after a while...and having to delete something else to make space for it :p

200GB should last the generation, possibly unless you get all the massive non-indie games digitally as well. I save those for retail - pop it in when I'm giving it a playthrough, don't need to delete and re-download later on when you just want a taste.

kizmah

That was a great presentation all around. First year of Switch is starting to look mighty fine. Wargroove is day one!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I remember after the January Switch presentation I was shocked and hugely disappointed at the complete lack of indies. I even made a thread about it. My hopes all seemed to come crashing down so quickly.

Fast forward today. What a turnaround.

Step 1 to usurping Vita going well: obtain aaaaaall the indie support

Will probably buy Yooka Laylee, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Flipping Death, and maybe Snake Pass on Switch. Cave Story too if it gets a physical release.

Looking at your avatar... how cool would it be to get A Hat in Time on the Switch!

If it's that easy to port from pc to switch... Nintendo get in there, shell out some dough and get the console exclusive!

Oregano

I remember after the January Switch presentation I was shocked and hugely disappointed at the complete lack of indies. I even made a thread about it. My hopes all seemed to come crashing down so quickly.

Fast forward today. What a turnaround.

The ReViita dream lives on!

Just another reminder that Nintendo holds their cards close to their chest.

Sendou

Anyone know if you should play Plague or Specter Knight campaign first? Already played the original one (called Shovel of Hope now..?) on 3DS.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
what is the difference between binding of isaac and enter the gungeon? I can only buy one of them

I don't want to make a new thread and thought, why not ask here...:D

Skyzard

Banned
what is the difference between binding of isaac and enter the gungeon? I can only buy one of them

^ adding to this question - if you've played nuclear throne too, would you say it's more like BoI or Nuclear Throne?

DarkTom

I won't buy a Switch anytime soon but Towerfall (and Bomberman) are such good fit for the system it's great for future owners.

tebunker

Banned
The Wii has given you mad skills in cleaning out your fridge ;P
To be honest the original wii definitely taught me to keep what you want to play.

WiiU i probably still have too much.

To be 100% honest if I have 20-30 indie games and one or two retail games digitally that is probably too many at one time.

If I was going full digital I'd be in for a huge card, but as it is I only need a mediumish card

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

i believe gungeon maintains some progress in-between runs whereas BOI does not

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Here's a thought.

No VC at launch helps highlight these new indie games.

Nintendo games are so popular that they absorb a lot of dollars, attention, and gaming time.

With VC, third party dont just compete with current Nintendo software, but their entire catalogue of classics of several generations.

Giving them the spotlight for launch is probably a good idea.

This is a great point.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The ReViita dream lives on!

Just another reminder that Nintendo holds their cards close to their chest.
ReViita indeed!

And yeah, this kinda gives me hope that they'll nail the Virtual Console. They've revealed nothing. But when they do, they'll come out in full force.

Effect

Retro City Rampage wasn't a very good game imo. But it had style and humour out the ass. I'll keep an eye on this.

Same. I wasn't crazy about how RCR controlled when I finally played it on the 3DS. So while Shakedown Hawaii looks good I need to know how it controls.

Top Bottom