• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive list of Switch Nindie games [Up: Exclusive content detailed in OP]

The_Lump

Banned
Well. Now I'm quite glad I decided to go for the 128GB SD card when I ordered today :p

That was immense. Some really impressive looking stuff and I'm definitely day one-ing a fair few of these.

Good to see Nintendo going all out for Indies.

Am hype.

BumRush

A lot of these games are / will be SO GOOD on the go. Not getting a switch at launch but these will be great when I eventually do.

Tratorn

Talk about unrealistic expectation. What platform gets 20 exclusive indie games prior to its launch announced for the first couple months? If you expected more than what was shown nothing could have pleased you.

Opinions are fine... But come on.

You know, there are things in between being "impressed" and "disappointed". :p
I didn't have any expectations, so I'm neither impressed nor disappointed. It's a good list but I won't buy many of them (for Switch). I'd have been impressed if there would be more exclusives that I like. For now it's just what I expected.
But I didn't like how he said the other user doesn't know what he's talking about just because he wasn't impressed as some other people here.

I'm amazed that the the main thing making me think "maybe I should've gone for a launch Switch" is the barrage of Indie titles with some minor or temporary exclusivity.

Well they'll still be there when I get there...(but I want Spectre Knight now!)

Although PS4/Vita do often have cross-buy, exclusive or not, Switch is one of the only places where you can have these game at home or on the go. That's what's huge for me.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Lot of good looking games in that vid and the full list. Really glad the Switch is starting off strong with a lot of indie games and what look to be a lot of past and future great indie titles.

FinKL

Loving the indie support. I commented a while ago that I thought a lot of the local PC multiplayer games would be a PERFECT fit for the switch (on the go/quick access to multiplayer) and I'm glad those same devs feel the same way.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bought a 200gb card for 50€ on Amazon.de during the Holidays def. the right call. I will be fine for a while and will only upgrade once 512gb are available for the right price. So for the Switch successor.

EDarkness

I am too, but that patent page said Saber Interactive abandoned it in 2016. Did somebody else pick it up?

Also, that Direct was straight fire. Nonstop. Time to invest in a large SD card.

I'm thinking someone picked it up since I imagine Nintendo must have spoken to whomever is developing it rather recently. I hope we get some information soon.

Wow, great list! Very solid Indie support for Switch, which is where I think the portability really comes in as a competitive edge.

I just watched it because I missed it.
Wow. I'm actually blown away.
I'm super surprised that Nintendo got so much exclusives and timed exclusives.
I didn't know Runner 3 was actually a (console?) exclusive game. That's pretty awesome.

Stardew Valles? FUCK YEAH!
WarGroove looked super interesting.
Yooka-Layle is an obvious instant winner for me. Can't wait. Will double dip once it releases.
Flipping Death looks super interesting. I've not yet played Stick it to the Man, though. Looks like I have to. Still have it via PS+.
Mister Shifty was really interesting. Will keep that on my radar.
SHAKEDOWN HAWAII, BOIIIIIIIIII!! I loved Retro City Rampage. I'm really really looking forward to this game.
Pocket Rumble was a definitive FUCK YEAH moment for me. Looks like SNK vs. Capcom on Neo Geo Pocket. Looks like it plays like it too. Radar.

And that's only what they showed on the showcase!

It looks like Thumper is coming to Switch, too? FUCK YEAH! I love this game. It's soooo good. Everyone should play it (if he/she is into rhythm games).

I'm happy. I definitely need a bigger microSD card.

Admodieus

Advance Wars and Fire Emblem fans are going to want to take a look at WarGroove. Looks like it borrows more from Advance Wars than Fire Emblem (income, the combat screen showing a bunch of units) but in a Fire Emblem setting.

Red Devil

Well Blaster Master Zero has my attention. Of course Yooka-Laylee is the one I'm awaiting the most.

I didn't know there was going to be a new Toe Jam & Earl.

Zedark

There are several indies in this list I am interested in, and normally I hardly play any indies:

FAST RMX
Wargroove
Yooka-Laylee
Snake Pass
RIME
Has Been Heroes

The indie list for Switch is looking really promising already!

I was seriously not planning to get a Switch until the holidays. But man, the sheer volume of incredible-looking indies is the thing that's almost pushing me over.

Fliesen

Steamworld Dig 2!! :D
So happy they're making a sequel.

Steamworld Heist looks great but it's not really a genre I like to play, but Steamworld Dig was such a fun game.

Steamworld Dig 2, sequel to the GOAT.

100% it on the 3DS, platinumed it on the PS4 and the Vita (2 separate trophy lists, don't ask me why).

Will double dip on overcooked.

Whenever I get a Switch (aka whenever Amazon gets it in stock), it'll probably become my little indie machine.

Though tbh, I'll probably just buy Stardew Valley again and call it a day.

Xeteh

I'm really excited about Steamworld Dig 2. The original was a tad short but I had a lot of fun with it and Heist is awesome. I really love the games' style so I'm down for anything Steamworld.

antibolo

Banned
It's exciting to see so many indies coming to Switch, but then I'm reminded how shitty the eShop pricing is in Canada and then my excitement just stops.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So glad I bought a 128GB microSD card yesterday. That is gonna be filled up completely before the year's up. This was such a good presentation. Really sold me on the Switch's indie support when I had been at least a little bit worried before now that this year would be a mite bit barren.

Bob White

Pocket Rumble was a definitive FUCK YEAH moment for me. Looks like SNK vs. Capcom on Neo Geo Pocket. Looks like it plays like it too.

Pocket Rumble is my killer app. This was earth shaking for me. Went from "meh" on the whole system to "getting asap". God. What a perfect fit. A 2d fighter with ggpo that only uses two buttons. Oh, and on a system you can whip out at anytime and toss someone the other controller for some quick matches. GOOD LORD.

I so so so hope this game starts making waves in the FGC now. Like, if nintendo got behind this game with some real ad power, this thing could be big. It's the perfect showcase of one of the coolest features of the system.

Although PS4/Vita do often have cross-buy, exclusive or not, Switch is one of the only places where you can have these game at home or on the go. That's what's huge for me.

Exactly, I'll likely end up with snake pass and Yooka Laylee for instance on PS4 but deep down I'll probably be thinking "i'd have got this on Switch instead IF I HAD ONE!"

Does anyone know if swapping SD cards in and out is kosher with the Switch? Instead of getting one big one, I'd like to grab a couple of smaller ones.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pocket Rumble is my killer app. This was earth shaking for me. Went from "meh" on the whole system to "getting asap". God. What a perfect fit. A 2d fighter with ggpo that only uses two buttons. Oh, and on a system you can whip out at anytime and toss someone the other controller for some quick matches. GOOD LORD.

I so so so hope this game starts making waves in the FGC now. Like, if nintendo got behind this game with some real ad power, this thing could be big. It's the perfect showcase of one of the coolest features of the system.

I'm gonna go buy the PC version today since it's only ten bucks and try it out on my GPD-WIN handheld PC.

But even though I can do that...I'm still pretty hyped for this on Switch, lol.

yyr

Damn, still can't believe the Switch dev kits haven't become available to most as of yet, hope you hear back from them asap.

My guess is that the Nintendo Developer Program will begin to offer Switch dev kits to any and all registered developers soon, perhaps on Friday. Obviously they've made special arrangements with several indie devs to be able to announce all of these titles now, but they're about to launch and they're going to want the support to continue going forward.

Basically...why wouldn't they?

Blaster Master Zero, Shovel Knight (haven't played it yet), Stardew Valley and Hollow Knight seem like the perfect games for the Switch. Man, wish I had some more money lying around.

Exactly, I'll likely end up with snake pass and Yooka Laylee for instance on PS4 but deep down I'll probably be thinking "i'd have got this on Switch instead IF I HAD ONE!"

LWfPAes

Top Bottom