• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels spider-man 2 graphics disappointed

Msamy

I think it may be best to keep the pitchforks in storage until the game is actually released. Insomniac can achieve in 6 months what other devs can’t in a lifetime.
I will be very happy if the ends up true ,but in they other previous games the final release looks near identical to reveal gameplay and this spiderman 2 showcase is the first time i am disappointed from them

John Wick

I think you have significant comprehension and memory issues. Games don't look better at release genius, they look worse. I just gave you examples.
No you didn't. The games you listed when they were first shown non of those were actual gameplay. They were just in engine demos. Vertical slice put together and run as a video. If real gameplay is shown then the final release will always look better.

Buildings textures quality are also better , and if they ends up make game looks like first shot it will be good otherwise if it ends like that showcase they shown it will be shit
One is from official sceenshot and the other is took from youtube video.

It has more contrast so the details are more clear . That's it.
You can see different contrast when look at Spiderman suit. And different blur too.

I think you guys just don't know how lighting and color works.

Last edited:

Msamy

And one is from official sceenshot other is took from youtube video.

It has more contrast so the details are more clear . That's it.
You can see different contrast when look at Spiderman suit. And different blur too.

I think you guys just don't know how lighting and color works.
If it's as you said then those shots are heavily edited shots and not actual gameplay ( bullshits), also i am sure that lighting is way better in those shots

If it's as you said then those shots are heavily edited shots and not actual gameplay ( bullshits), also i am sure that lighting is way better in those shots
Yeah I agree. It's not from the trailer obviously.
All I want to say that only thing different is the lighting and maybe some edits. Maybe that's how final version looks like.
And I don't think it's hard for Insomniac to make the release version looks like those screenshots. It's not like those screenshot are impressive anyway, it just look good enough.

Last edited:

Msamy

Yeah I agree. It's not from the trailer obviously.
All I want to say that only thing different is the lighting and maybe some edits. Maybe that's how final version looks like.
And I don't think it's hard for Insomniac to make the release version looks like those screenshots. It's not like those screenshot are impressive anyway, it just look good enough.
I hope so that the game will look like those shots but I think it's not as easy from them as you said

John Wick

1- Lighting even it's different time , the lighting in first trailer are very superior to that's of the last showcas.
2- textures quality.
3- characters model's quality, and I really don't even know how you see miles suit are comparable??
So your comparing a cinematic trailer to actual gameplay and saying the actual gameplay footage looks worst? Anyone could have foretold you that as cinematic trailers are going to be way better.

John Wick

Miles Spiderman 2 GIF - Miles Spiderman 2 Super slingshot - Discover &  Share GIFs
Artist Turns That Awesome Matrix Unreal 5 Showcase Into 'Superman' Flight  Demo'Superman' Flight  Demo

I'm sure it'll have the inevitable 60fps mode but that demo was in 30FPS (same as matrix) presumably in fidelity mode to show the best visuals possible and thats what they summoned.

Its an insult to the 80 man matrix team to even compare the visual fidelity of the two pieces of software.
Let me know when the 80 man team actually release and ship 20+million selling game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Imagine comparing a tech demo that has literally nothing it in regards to heavy scripts and animations that eat up a ton of resources, such as AI pathing, tod, enemy spawns, enemy ai, events, weather, character animations and so much more. God you people are fucking idiots and should stay away from gaming when you have no idea what goes behind the scenes of an actual game like Spider-Man and why pretty graphic effects aren't the only thing that consumes hardware lmao.

We're at 22 pages, Jesus, gamers are a mistake. You, people, don't deserve good games.

Last edited:

John Wick

I think it may be best to keep the pitchforks in storage until the game is actually released. Insomniac can achieve in 6 months what other devs can’t in a lifetime.
Well you know some people have no interest in the game but are here throwing their worthless 2 cents worth in.
You'd think judging by this thread that Tears of the Kingdom is the worst game released because of its graphics.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Resistance 3. Remember how that game was supposedly complete months before release and it just polishing up, the game didn't exactly look any better since the trailer.

John Wick

People forget that different builds have different stabilities.

While they could show screens of the latest build, it may have had rougher performance or other work in progress assets that isn’t as feasible to show off an extended 10 minute gameplay session with
Mate your doing it wrong. They make the best build 1 year from release then make it gradually worse as they near the release date.

John Wick

For those who come here tries to defend this shit showcase , if you come here to concvie me and other people's like me that this shit is next gen only game then please don't waste our time , this just shit for us
eKYkK7n.jpg
xPasPFL.jpg
PX8jjL2.jpg
DX4F5Mc.jpg
hWbtSFK.jpg
nwG4q7K.jpg
So why don't you do us and yourself a favour and leave this thread? Clearly this is a shit game and won't improve on release. Why waste your time here?

Azurro

Banned
I just rewatched the trailer again, I'm not sure why people are angry or disappointed. I think people's expectations are too high this generation and are not in line with what these machines can actually do. The game looks a bit nicer than the original, higher resolution, has more detail, performs really well and loads really fast. It wasn't a 50x jump or even a 20x jump, it was a measly 5x jump with better architecture and graphics are so advanced now that diminishing returns are here.

Msamy

Well you know some people have no interest in the game but are here throwing their worthless 2 cents worth in.
You'd think judging by this thread that Tears of the Kingdom is the worst game released because of its graphics.
No one want next gen generation graphics in switch , also you either don't read the theard title or come to here to talk just bullshit

Last edited:

Msamy

I really don't why some come talking about gameplay whie the theard title stated that we are Dissapointed about graphics that looks shit , I am not say in the theared that I Dissapointed from the whole game , I think I tell exact what make me Dissapointed so please anyone who came here talking about gameplay , please get your shit out of here

Three

You can swing faster than that in Spiderman PC using a mod without SSD/IO.
It has nothing to do with "next gen".

Why do people completely ignore developers to replace it with their own reality? What drive is the person using in this video, what RAM does the person have?

If you actually care about the tecnology and want to be informed just watch an actual developer providing information on it. You can see Spiderman 1s streaming budget and speed was set by the hard drive speed, you can compensate with RAM by loading tiles ahead but don't assume your streaming speed has nothing to do with what's possible:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

I really don't why some come talking about gameplay whie the theard title stated that we are Dissapointed about graphics that looks shit , I am not say in the theared that I Dissapointed from the whole game , I think I tell exact what make me Dissapointed so please anyone who came here talking about gameplay , please get your shit out of here
Saying the graphics look shit is just silly.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
The game does not look like a next gen leap. In fact, Horizon Burning Shores looks miles better.

Stop with the easily pleased nonsense.

You’re all the reason why we have shit graphics and stale, stagnant gameplay this gen and for the past 15 years.

Represent.

For those who come here tries to defend this shit showcase , if you come here to concvie me and other people's like me that this shit is next gen only game then please don't waste our time , this just shit for us
eKYkK7n.jpg
xPasPFL.jpg
PX8jjL2.jpg
DX4F5Mc.jpg
hWbtSFK.jpg
nwG4q7K.jpg
Holy Christ this is bad.

Literally everything looks bad.

Lighting, character models, textures, water, fire effects, smoke effects, fur on that guys jacket, skin texture on that guy, etc, etc. And this is 30fps. Imagine how bad the 60fps version will look.

If this was an older build then they should have shown the newer one, what a stupid fucking decision. They deserve every bit of criticism because whatever "build" they showed doesn't look next gen. Point blank.

Last edited:

Msamy

Holy Christ this is bad.

Literally everything looks bad.

Lighting, character models, textures, water, fire effects, smoke effects, fur on that guys jacket, skin texture on that guy, etc, etc. And this is 30fps. Imagine how bad the 60fps version will look.
You know The sadest fact about this that some people come heretrying to defend it and saying it look next gen

Represent.

You know The sadest fact about this that some people come heretrying to defend it and saying it look next gen
Not realizing their constant praise of these developers will only do damage to the games we love. Praise them when its deserved.

If everyone was criticizing these graphics, as they should be, it would light a fire under their asses and you bet your ass they'd do something about it. Instead, oh, its an old build, it looks next gen behind closed doors. Utter nonsense.

Who am I kidding though, nowadays, any bit of criticism gets you labeled "console warrior", "concern trolling", or some other soft ass term.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Imagine comparing a tech demo that has literally nothing it in regards to heavy scripts and animations that eat up a ton of resources, such as AI pathing, tod, enemy spawns, enemy ai, events, weather, character animations and so much more. God you people are fucking idiots and should stay away from gaming when you have no idea what goes behind the scenes of an actual game like Spider-Man and why pretty graphic effects aren't the only thing that consumes hardware lmao.

We're at 22 pages, Jesus, gamers are a mistake. You, people, don't deserve good games.
You are calling people fucking idiots while listing a bunch of stuff that is governed by the CPU... NOT the GPU which is responsible primarily for rendering graphics. Not only that, Epic went out of their way to not max out the CPU and speficially stated that they left enough headroom in the CPU for game tasks like the ones you mentioned.

The team had a CPU, Graphics and performance budget when making the Experience. For example, when the CG characters are on white, there is no background and so that "allowed me to use more Ray-traced area lights," Pete recalls. "Whereas when we got into the car, we had to budget for the complex background, so I had to use less lights." When the project first came together it only ran at 15 fps but as things were optimized the frame rate rapidly shot up. "But when we started everything was way over budget, we used a lot of 4K textures, a lot of geometry, Lumen, – which had a cost of its own, a new shadow maps technique for the sunlight – originally we were basically pushing the limits of everything." The final experience however is indicative of what is possible for a game, running on a PS5 or XBox Series X/S there is still a lot of CPU headroom that would allow a game designer to run the normal mechanics of a game. The team did not want to build a demo that was unrealistic for what a new AAA game would be able to achieve.

Next time you call people fucking idiots or pretend you know more about game development than they do, at least get it right. Otherwise you come across as low class, crass, and not exceptionally bright.

Represent.

You are calling people fucking idiots while listing a bunch of stuff that is governed by the CPU... NOT the GPU which is responsible primarily for rendering graphics. Not only that, Epic went out of their way to not max out the CPU and speficially stated that they left enough headroom in the CPU for game tasks like the ones you mentioned.

Next time you call people fucking idiots or pretend you know more about game development than they do, at least get it right. Otherwise you come across as low class, crass, and not exceptionally bright.
So basically it all boils down to talent and ambition.

But these guys just keep piling on the praise for nothing.

hyperbertha

No you didn't. The games you listed when they were first shown non of those were actual gameplay. They were just in engine demos. Vertical slice put together and run as a video. If real gameplay is shown then the final release will always look better.
Delusional. None of those were in engine demos. Last of us, tsushima, watchdogs all had much better looking gameplay reveals than release version.

Msamy

Your opinion is shit, you have 200 messages in 4 years and came out of the closet to come in here and shit on Spiderman 2, post YouTube screen shots and aren't judging the final game's graphics.
You need to respect my opinion as I respect your opinion if you don't agree with other with if you come here to just attack me because I am telling the truth and you can't defend that shit showcase get your shit out of here and go see rift apart reveal gameplay in YouTube which looks next gen and that's not the case with shiit Spiderman 2 gameplay

tmlDan

You need to respect my opinion as I respect your opinion if you don't agree with other with if you come here to just attack me because I am telling the truth and you can't defend that shit showcase get your shit out of here and go see rift apart reveal gameplay in YouTube which looks next gen and that's not the case with shiit Spiderman 2 gameplay
Nobody in here is saying its the next coming of jesus in graphics, but it also does not mean it looks bad, I don't have to agree to a bad opinion, you earn respect you don't just get it

Msamy

Nobody in here is saying its the next coming of jesus in graphics, but it also does not mean it looks bad, I don't have to agree to a bad opinion, you earn respect you don't just get it
Major of people's here agree with me and thats fact also I don't want that never before seen graphics , I want something that doesn't look like ps4 game

Senua

Your opinion is shit, you have 200 messages in 4 years and came out of the closet to come in here and shit on Spiderman 2, post YouTube screen shots and aren't judging the final game's graphics.
Are you stupid? Watch Dogs reveal was clearly proven to not be real gameplay even though it looked like gameplay. It's not my fault you believe those initial reveals were gameplay of those systems when it clearly wasn't
Come on guys discourse is twitter levels atm

John Wick

Ah mr wick. Funny to see you on these forums. It’s crazy in your movies you seem pretty cunning and yet here you just invoked sales and popularity in a conversation about graphical fidelity.
Boom! Graphical fidelity in an actual shipped game not a demo. Thanks!

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Interpretation: Leave us to our circlejerking and mindless critique of SM2. Lol, that's fine but allow some room for a little honesty and objectivity as opposed to picking the worst screen captures (anyone can do that with any game). Here, I can help. These are not bullshots, they are screens taken from a different playthrough. Notice how none of these gameplay frames are in the actual trailer, suggesting these are from a newer build (multi-tendril attack now happens in the street which is now textured in 2nd pic, more volumetric and detailed explosion in 4th pic).

bxbrzLf.jpg

fxnlCa7.jpg
eywqHwD.jpg

Oex7IsQ.jpg
Those are bullshots man, Insomniac always show some high quality enhanced bullshots with added effects.

This was there PS4 Pro shots for the OG game lol
Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD

spider-man-ps4-preview-glass_grym.jpg

spider_man_ps4_web.jpg

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Those are bullshots man, Insomniac always show some high quality enhanced bullshots with added effects.

Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD
That spiderman movie suit looks way better than their own suits in the game. I thought that shot was from the movie lol.

I took my own shot back in the day. looks amazing even on the PS4.

DzLE4XQX4AATF9G

i have no idea how people can look at that awful venom suit and think this looks a generation ahead. Even the miles suit in Spiderman Miles look better than these ones.

Emwk-GJXcAQKek3

ChiefDada

Gold Member

Du1qOSmXgAAPVQD

spider-man-ps4-preview-glass_grym.jpg

spider_man_ps4_web.jpg

I've never had a ps4 pro so I had to search on YouTube. The screenshots do not look different from the game sans blurring effects, which I actually think takes away from the image.

Top Bottom