• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming 13 per character (52) + 8 team up episodes?

Damn, super excited for this, interested to see casting

Sounds about right, what I'm wondering is how they will be spread out. Are we gonna get 13 straight episodes about each character, or will they mix it up and have them cross-over at all prior to Defenders?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Does this mean each show will only get one season?.. Or will there be a phase 2

A second season will probably depend on how well they do based on Netflix's metrics. And I can see them expanding this to other characters. Like, they opt to renew two shows and introduce two new characters/shows.

I just hope the writing is there and Loeb is far away doing something else.

Does this mean each show will only get one season?.. Or will there be a phase 2

I imagine there will be a season 2, but maybe not all the same 4 characters again.

Jessica Jones and Daredevil may keep their own shows, but maybe Luke Cage and Iron Fist team up and do a Heroes for Hire show, then Marvel brings in a new character for their own show as the next future addition to The Defenders.

I hope it turns out very well, but too bad that apparently the S.H.I.E.L.D. series was a bit of a disappointment, and the Marvel movies are also not too special even though I enjoyed them. I hope they don't all turn out like the movies.

gazele

Banned
I hope it turns out very well, but too bad that apparently the S.H.I.E.L.D. series was a bit of a disappointment, and the Marvel movies are also not too special even though I enjoyed them. I hope they don't all turn out like the movies.

I'm gonna blame shield's problems on being on ABC, I personally think the movies are pretty good

With netflix's track record and the relatively low bar of super hero tv shows I'm expecting big things, probably getting too hyped

Wiktor

This is cool, if Jessica Jones is doing the Alias story then it should be brilliant. Purple Man is suddenly going to become a scary villain to the public. :) Daredevil I used to follow as a kid but a long time ago, no idea how good his stories are at the moment. Heard there have been some good runs though.

I hope they make a Punisher TV show with Jim Caviezel, made a little mock up:

Could be amazing.

Person of Interest is supposed to run for 4 more seasons. There's no way this could happen. Better cast Jane.

Also...I wonder if Netflix would be open to doing the show on the level of brutality it needed to be. If not give it to Cinemax. Strike Back production team will be free soon, won't it? :)

And most of all, cut it your of main Marvel live action continuity and make it a Max series.

Filming in the real NYC will make it all the more amusing if they're still serious about depicting Hell's Kitchen as "gritty." Hope I get to catch a few glimpses, though!

Mudcrab

I wonder what kind of villains we'll be seeing? Obviously Kingpin, Bullseye, and Purple Man. Maybe Elektra in some way? Typhoid Mary? Stiltman as a running gag? Is Fat Cobra making an appearance too much to ask?

So this is on netflix they can have the Jessica Jones anal sex scene?

I wasn't event thinking about this, but now I have to know.

They should start adapting Edmondson's Punisher series into a show. It's pretty much ready for television, can easily fit into the MCU (with almost no changes), and it'd take place in a radically different location that really has no heroes (now that Tony Stark's place has been blown to shit and all the heroes are in NYC). Plus, this version of the Punisher easily fits into a stripped down MCU.

tumblr_n0s6cdZS9v1s50e30o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n15hsz1KOF1rl0indo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n19qroQFwY1riz36go1_500.jpg

Punisher and Hawkeye (current runs) are both TV-ready. One is a high-octane thriller action show, the other is a dark comedy about a superhero's trainwreck of a personal life.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If they are going to translate the Punisher to a TV show then they need to do Ennis's run on Punisher Max, not this new watered down crap.

Hawkeye is so perfect for TV. They should just have Fraction write a pilot and be done with it. The TV Green Arrow is so grim that Clint is different enough for it to work.

On wait, they're too busy wasting the character in the Avengers films where he does jack shit and has no personality.

I pretend that the Hawkeye series, the Punisher series, and the Black Widow series all take place in the MCU and are better versions of those characters.

It works surprisingly well!

If they are going to translate the Punisher to a TV show then they need to do Ennis's run on Punisher Max, not this new watered down crap.

It'll never happen. You and I both know that. Only HBO would air that, and... I don't think any network would take on the MAX run.

Stuff gets messed up in it.

I pretend that the Hawkeye series, the Punisher series, and the Black Widow series all take place in the MCU and are better versions of those characters.

It works surprisingly well!

It'll never happen. You and I both know that. Only HBO would air that, and... I don't think any network would take on the MAX run.

Stuff gets messed up in it.

What would you do if HBO took it and announced Vince Gilligan as showrunner

Reading Fraction's Hawkeye and then watching The Avengers afterwards hurts me.
Before I ever read Fraction's work, I got the bizarre idea in my head that the actor who plays Dean Winchester on Supernatural would have been a far better Hawkeye for MCU, now I can't read the comic without hearing his voice.

edit:
Ditch Renner and get Jensen Ackles and do a proper Hawkguy show. Would be great.
clearly I'm not the only one who thought of this. :)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Before I ever read Fraction's work, I got the bizarre idea in my head that the actor who plays Dean Winchester on Supernatural would have been a far better Hawkeye for MCU, now I can't read the comic without hearing his voice.

edit: clearly I'm not the only one who thought of this. :)

9453344889_15f9fe71bc_o.gif

kunonabi

You can do great work with the Punisher without the uber violence of the Max series. Armory is proof of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom