• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s “Eternals” Reviews Are In; if you like Thor : The Dark World then you’ll love this!

sol_bad

Was Dr. Doom always that strong in the comics? Or is that in a point in time he had "levelled up"?

I recall him vs Spider-Man in the comics and Fantastic 4 cartoon and he wasn't that strong in those.

Any hero or villain is as strong or weak as the author needs them to be.
;)

Rofl what?

Dune gives ample time for characterization and gives room for the actors to breathe. The protagonists all have their own scenes that explore their motivations and relations to each other. Only because the movie isn't outright telling you how to feel about the characters like in most Marvel movies, doesn't mean that there is no characterization.

Lay off the formulaic superhero dreck.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I didn't feel like I really knew any of the characters by the end of the film. Didn't diminish my enjoyment of it though, still top tier film making.

Ulysses 31

Any hero or villain is as strong or weak as the author needs them to be.
;)
True but good authors will at least have some explanation why characters are a lot stronger/weaker than the last time we saw them.

There could be comic story lines where Dr. Doom got stronger that I'm unaware off.

sol_bad

True but good authors will at least have some explanation why characters are a lot stronger/weaker than the last time we saw them.

There could be comic story lines where Dr. Doom got stronger that I'm unaware off.

He is a God in Secret Wars 2015.

Top Bottom