• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let the GAF gays come out.

tommib

The return of GayGAF eh?
We’re everywhere anyway.

they-live.jpg

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm pretty hetero leaning towards actual relationships, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm bi as fuck over the past couple of years. Got a girlfriend and everything, but I don't think there's any shame in acknowledging that both male and female have some prime specimens. Peace and love and gaming, GAF. Keep on keeping on.

Outlier

I’m more and more into some sort of men’s right activism really and was just listening to Tim Dillon (who is my salvation on this earth) taking to Jordan Peterson.
I'm guessing you probably hang out with more male friends than female, yes?

Hello. I guess you could say I'm gay, but my interest in men is NOT general.

Either way here I am.

Always remember that we are a small percentage here, so don't take it too hard if things feel very hetero dominant. :^)

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
If you're gay, no worries. I got one gay guy in my family tree and one chick whose bi. Dont care.

You know why? Because even though you could probably tell they are after knowing them a bit, then simply live life like everyone else working and paying off the mortgage.

I have never seen, heard or read any facebook message from them complain about life and the world is against gay people. In fact, I'm pretty sure my gay bro-in-law makes more money than me and I make decent money to begin with. And if not, there's no doubt his house is worth way more than mine by probably half a million. So oppression olympics cant be that bad.

No whoa is me kind of thing. Not once at any family gathering have they brought up serious sex politics. And nobody does it back. In fact, if people brought it up (given their personalities) they'd probably laugh and tell whiners to go get a job.

Whether youre straight, gay, bi whatever. Doesn't matter.

Act cool and people treat you cool. Act like a whiney asshole against the world, get treated like an asshole.
I was actually told what I was doing studying engineering when I was younger as it's a masculine field. Gays are poor because of their bad decisions and stereotypical career choices. There is no gay oppression, just losers.

What's funny is that 2 of my straight coworkers are thought to be gay and people assume I'm straight and tell me if I'm comfortable working with these gay guys lol.

Tschumi

wow, remembering what a big deal that movie was, vs. contemporary media, i feel like i may possibly, one day, be somewhat oldish

---

i remember when i was about 6 years old i had a 'oo oo aa aa' session with a dude my own age, in full clothing, presumably imitating something we must have seen on tv... maybe that can give me like .1 cred

3af21f60191b104ee4606301ac96d438.gif

Last edited:

belmarduk

I was actually told what I was doing studying engineering when I was younger as it's a masculine field. Gays are poor because of their bad decisions and stereotypical career choices. There is no gay oppression, just losers.

What's funny is that 2 of my straight coworkers are thought to be gay and people assume I'm straight and tell me if I'm comfortable working with these gay guys lol.

That’s not really true.. most of us aren’t poor and that’s why so many companies try to pander to us during pride month

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
That’s not really true.. most of us aren’t poor and that’s why so many companies try to pander to us during pride month

I liked Red Letter Media's terminology for it. Passive Progressive. Nothing is less genuine than a company using a rotating calendar of phrases and flags just to get at what's in your pants.

(I mean your wallet, to clarify)

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Alright, as a gay man in my forties I have to say I find this place much more cozy than the Chinese sponsored dictatorship of ResetEra. I can even make stupid jokes about the fact that I’m gay. How fucking refreshing.

Having said that, I have no idea if I’m the only pseudo-redneck gay in the village. I absolutely don’t fit the gay stereotype: grew up listening to industrial metal, hated all the gay divas, always working out, loved cool masculine film directors… I’m more and more into some sort of men’s right activism really and was just listening to Tim Dillon (who is my salvation on this earth) taking to Jordan Peterson.

Am I alone? Can we show GAF that the cool gays are around the place and we love everyone?

You’d get on well with one of my best mates, OP.

He absolutely hates gay stereotyping, and gets quite angry at the way people think he’s supposed to act. He’s never liked musicals, or Will & Grace. He’s not camp in the slightest, and couldn’t mince if his life depended on it.

He says that there are gay men… and then there are *OFFENSIVE WORD BEGINNING WITH F REDACTED*, who are creating this image of gay men that’s hopelessly inaccurate to most of the homosexual population. Makes his life harder a lot of the time, he says, and I can see why. Fighting prejudice often means fighting stereotyping.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
You’d get on well with one of my best mates, OP.

He absolutely hates gay stereotyping, and gets quite angry at the way people think he’s supposed to act. He’s never liked musicals, or Will & Grace. He’s not camp in the slightest, and couldn’t mince if his life depended on it.

He says that there are gay men… and then there are *OFFENSIVE WORD BEGINNING WITH F REDACTED*, who are creating this image of gay men that’s hopelessly inaccurate to most of the homosexual population. Makes his life harder a lot of the time, he says, and I can see why. Fighting prejudice often means fighting stereotyping.
Your friend is a stereotype himself. Probably the typical "masc" bottom you find on Grindr. lol.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Your friend is a stereotype himself. Probably the typical "masc" bottom you find on Grindr. lol.
From the outside looking in, it would annoy me too if there were people perpetuating the stereotype that camp is the default state for a gay man. It doesn’t do much for public perception, even if stereotypes do come from somewhere

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I liked Red Letter Media's terminology for it. Passive Progressive. Nothing is less genuine than a company using a rotating calendar of phrases and flags just to get at what's in your pants.

(I mean your wallet, to clarify)
100% true.

Our company does it too. When Pride month is closing in, our company and lots more on Linkedin change the logo to rainbow colours and PR articles how the company is the greatest and diverse.

The second Pride month is over, the companies all change their logo back to normal and you wont hear anything about supporting gays and lesbians till next year when Pride hypes up and its time to cash in on the event.

Total money grab.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Bump for the new gay bros. I was wondering how was your dating life. I find that there's so many different apps now and it seems I'm missing potential guys to date. I use Tinder and Grindr. And I pay full subs for both.

tommib

Bump for the new gay bros. I was wondering how was your dating life. I find that there's so many different apps now and it seems I'm missing potential guys to date. I use Tinder and Grindr. And I pay full subs for both.
I actually found this Croatian guy out of nowhere. We’ve been together since January. Sex keeps getting better everyday and we’re thinking about moving in. I forgot how sex in a relationship is so much better than the standard hook up. The complicity you have after a few months just can’t be there on a hook up. And I’ve had sex with 150 people.

We met on Tinder. A few bumps at the start but it’s going well now. Very well.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I actually found this Croatian guy out of nowhere. We’ve been together since January. Sex keeps getting better everyday and we’re thinking about moving in. I forgot how sex in a relationship is so much better than the standard hook up. The complicity you have after a few months just can’t be there on a hook up. And I’ve had sex with 150 people.

We met on Tinder. A few bumps at the start but it’s going well now. Very well.
I find difficult to click with people as I'm a centrist and there are too many left-wingers; it ends up I mostly get hook ups with married men. My standards can be high but I'd rather be single now than with an unfulfilling relationship. Last relationships I was stuck to pay for everything, everytime and not that I was tired of it but after a time I don't want to be a sugar daddy, I like independence.

I really would like to date a Slav guy like you are. Culturally that would be a match for me. I was kinda half joking in another thread with the Ukrainian bear equivalent of a Russian bride. A Rus would be great. I would pay for a stay at home daddy.

tommib

I find difficult to click with people as I'm a centrist and there are too many left-wingers; it ends up I mostly get hook ups with married men. My standards can be high but I'd rather be single now than with an unfulfilling relationship. Last relationships I was stuck to pay for everything, everytime and not that I was tired of it but after a time I don't want to be a sugar daddy, I like independence.

I really would like to date a Slav guy like you are. Culturally that would be a match for me. I was kinda half joking in another thread with the Ukrainian bear equivalent of a Russian bride. A Rus would be great. I would pay for a stay at home daddy.
We don’t really talk about politics. I’m over politics at this point. The occasional news commentary about Ukraine here and there. We talk about the usual shit: work, food, sex, where to go on holidays… we’ve planned holidays in London, Croatia and Portugal already. You’re American, right?

I think the politics obsession just isn’t the same here in Europe. We don’t have a divide and don’t focus on politics as much. Politics are boring here. And that’s good. At least for now.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
We don’t really talk about politics. I’m over politics at this point. The occasional news commentary about Ukraine here and there. We talk about the usual shit: work, food, sex, where to go on holidays… we’ve planned holidays in London, Croatia and Portugal already. You’re American, right?

I think the politics obsession just isn’t the same here in Europe. We don’t have a divide and don’t focus on politics as much. Politics are boring here. And that’s good. At least for now.
Canadian. It's more about values than politics. I cherish strong traditional conservative values (oxymoron to be gay).

tommib

Canadian. It's more about values than politics. I cherish strong traditional conservative values (oxymoron to be gay).
We’re both super masculine I guess which might be considered conservative these days. We clashed a bit at the start because of that, even in bed as you can imagine but we got everything sorted out. I’m a 100% centrist and know that he hates PC stuff but we just don’t talk too much about it. He’s very old school even if younger. He’s a bit of a dream honestly. And has these legs that just don’t end. And he started wearing these fucking soccer shorts because of the temperatures and it drives me insane.

Top Bottom