• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shepard Smith from Fox News Comes Out as Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see how Fox News' viewership is affected by this.

Also - what are his stances on Marriage equality? Or Gay rights in general? Because it's pretty clear a lot of the other hosts on Fox News are strongly against it. I'm curious how he feels about the more conservative pundits on that network.

I literally know nothing about him so I have no idea what the atmosphere is there surrounding him.

As for Roger Ailes, Roger was only interested in harassing the women on Fox News, so I wouldn't expect him to make any comments about Shepard around Shepard.

Garlador

I mean, I know my people when I see them. The gay face is strong with this one.

Shephard-Smith.jpg

How much does this go for these days?

Also - what are his stances on Marriage equality? Or Gay rights in general? Because it's pretty clear a lot of the other hosts on Fox News are strongly against it. I'm curious how he feels about the more conservative pundits on that network.

I literally know nothing about him so I have no idea what the atmosphere is there surrounding him.

As for Roger Ailes, Roger was only interested in harassing the women on Fox News, so I wouldn't expect him to make any comments about Shepard around Shepard.

He rather firmly asserted that conservatives needed to catch up with the rest of the country regarding acceptance of homosexuals. He has made it clear in the interview and at many other times that he doesn't fall in line with the opinion side of the network.

Sonic Boom

Neo Member
I love Shep Smith! As bad as Fox is, they do have a few great anchors, and Shep is one of them. He has a pleasant, entertaining way of delivering the news, and I can't remember a single time when he's ever descended into partisan hackery. Glad to know he feels comfortable enough to come out; I'm not sure if it's because America's changed, or because Fox News has changed in the post-Ailes era, but whatever the reason, it's good news.

entremet

Why is this news(worthy)?

I really don't get these posts.

Do you think we've reached a point in human development as a society where being gay doesn't matter and has no affect on your public life?

Tell that to suicidal LGBT teens.

NYR

I watched this live, still remember it. He seemed more pissed at the people in the back who should have known better to cut the feeds.

For those who don't know, this is a reaction shot of him commenting live on a guy being chased by the cops who all of a sudden jumps out of the car, run in a field and proceeds to kill himself live on TV by shooting himself.

Mudcrab

Will he still be employed at Fox News? :(

You had a good run Shepard. Wouldn't be surprised if he get canned for not aligning with Fox News' image and direction.

Hope he isnt canned for this

Its not actually new news is it? I mean its in the OP:

Though Shep rarely talks about his sexuality, he is regularly, for instance, included in Out Magazine’s Power 50 list.

Robiin

I really don't get these posts.

Do you think we've reached a point in human development as a society where being gay doesn't matter and has no affect on your public life?

Tell that to suicidal LGBT teens.
I am from Sweden.

There are many public personas that are gay, but there are no headlines made about it. You just know it eventually because it's spread around. But no one cares. Maybe I'm just in a small social bubble.

FStop7

Banned
Fox News is gonna re-align itself to be more center-right, isn't it? The Hannitys and the O'Reillys are gonna leave for AilesTrumpTV. And AilesTrumpTV is gonna be slightly to the right of Augusto Pinochet.

FStop7

Banned
Why would they do that? Maybe if their ratings slip.

My expectation is that Trump is going to get blown away in the election and there will be significant downticket losses, too. And we'll eventually see "moderates" steer more towards the mainstream while the evangelicals and creepy anime avatar gang head further and further to the right.

Clydefrog

I guess that explains his Bear Alert segments ;)

Good for him. As others have already stated, he is the best thing on Fox. He would be a star on any other news channel.

Why would they do that? Maybe if their ratings slip.

There is groundswell from Trump supporters that FOX has already become part of the liberal media. Trump losing plus potentially starting a new network with Ailes will pull that audience away. FOX needs to align with the more moderate-right that still wants to hate CNN but wouldn't want to go to the new network.

manakel

I am from Sweden.

There are many public personas that are gay, but there are no headlines made about it. You just know it eventually because it's spread around. But no one cares. Maybe I'm just in a small social bubble.
I wish America was like this. Someone's sexuality shouldn't be a big deal nor newsworthy; I really don't comprehend our fascination with it. I had to Google his name because I wasn't sure who he was (I realized who he was as soon as I saw him) and came across an article written by some guy saying he outed him 11 years ago and he's finally "out." It just blows my mind that who someone sleeps with continues to be such a huge deal and people are ridiculed for choosing to not openly discuss it.

Anyway, good for him,

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
No one reports the news better than Shep. I wish he moved to better network.

I'm always jealous of gays who get to come out. It must be so fun. There isn't a closet big enough to contain my gay voice. It's like a gay pride parade coming out of my mouth.
rainbow_puke_by_infinityskye-d5hyuuz.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom