• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let the GAF gays come out.

tommib

Alright, as a gay man in my forties I have to say I find this place much more cozy than the Chinese sponsored dictatorship of ResetEra. I can even make stupid jokes about the fact that I’m gay. How fucking refreshing.

Having said that, I have no idea if I’m the only pseudo-redneck gay in the village. I absolutely don’t fit the gay stereotype: grew up listening to industrial metal, hated all the gay divas, always working out, loved cool masculine film directors… I’m more and more into some sort of men’s right activism really and was just listening to Tim Dillon (who is my salvation on this earth) taking to Jordan Peterson.

Am I alone? Can we show GAF that the cool gays are around the place and we love everyone?

Kabelly

G9fOr6A.gif

i don't know what the heck i am. i suppose i'm more attracted to girls but still kinda attracted to guys. couldn't see myself dating a guy but...who knows. i'm a guy but sometimes i really wish i was a female.

i don't think about it much tbh and i don' t label myself or use pronouns. ain't got the energy for all that. i tried visiting that ResetEra site who like to make out they are soo welcoming and friendly to LGBT+ people but i didn't enjoy my time there. they are extremists.

Last edited:

tommib

i don't know what the heck i am. i suppose i'm more attracted to girls but still kinda attracted to guys. couldn't see myself dating a guy but...who knows. i'm a guy but sometimes i really wish i was a female.

i don't think about it much tbh and i don' t label myself or use pronouns. ain't got the energy for all that. i tried visiting that ResetEra site who like to make out they are soo welcoming and friendly to LGBT+ people but i didn't enjoy my time there. they are extremists.
I would say you’re on the right path with the no self-labelling. I say I’m gay but I could easily go to bed with a woman because let’s be honest a vagina feels better than an ass - and my dick likes everything that’s moist and warm, what can I do. Still, I know I fall for guys much more easily so the gay label it’s just an easy thing to tell people if they ask.

Do what you want and don’t overthink/overanalyse your sexuality. Just live it.

I can understand the physical attraction, but cant stand the emotional baggage that comes with a girl. It pains me to see relatively good hearted guys with good intentions get shit on by girls who got daddy issues, men issues and they are mitigating for it. Some guys like that role, but I say the door swings both ways.

Which is why I am attracted to masculine men who act masculine, because your not dealing with emotional baggage that eventually bursts into emotional diarrhea. They seem to have more emotional intelligence. Just my personal preference.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Alright, as a gay man in my forties I have to say I find this place much more cozy than the Chinese sponsored dictatorship of ResetEra. I can even make stupid jokes about the fact that I’m gay. How fucking refreshing.

Having said that, I have no idea if I’m the only pseudo-redneck gay in the village. I absolutely don’t fit the gay stereotype: grew up listening to industrial metal, hated all the gay divas, always working out, loved cool masculine film directors… I’m more and more into some sort of men’s right activism really and was just listening to Tim Dillon (who is my salvation on this earth) taking to Jordan Peterson.

Am I alone? Can we show GAF that the cool gays are around the place and we love everyone?
My neighbours and 2 lads I know absolutely do not fit the stereotype either, the wife's best mate on the other hand is a massive diva and as bent as a Ozzy boomerang, tbf his razor wit and lethal putdowns do have me in stitches but the other lads would eat him for breakfast, ones ex military ffs

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If you're gay, no worries. I got one gay guy in my family tree and one chick whose bi. Dont care.

You know why? Because even though you could probably tell they are after knowing them a bit, then simply live life like everyone else working and paying off the mortgage.

I have never seen, heard or read any facebook message from them complain about life and the world is against gay people. In fact, I'm pretty sure my gay bro-in-law makes more money than me and I make decent money to begin with. And if not, there's no doubt his house is worth way more than mine by probably half a million. So oppression olympics cant be that bad.

No whoa is me kind of thing. Not once at any family gathering have they brought up serious sex politics. And nobody does it back. In fact, if people brought it up (given their personalities) they'd probably laugh and tell whiners to go get a job.

Whether youre straight, gay, bi whatever. Doesn't matter.

Act cool and people treat you cool. Act like a whiney asshole against the world, get treated like an asshole.

Last edited:
Now I’m dying to hear it.
I grew up in the 90's, when the idea that nobody would give a shit about your sexuality was a pipe dream that nobody could imagine. After the SCOTUS virtually eradicated every systemic issue against homosexuals a decade ago my peers couldn't accept the idea that they weren't victims anymore.

Also MAPs deserve swift execution.

tommib

I grew up in the 90's, when the idea that nobody would give a shit about your sexuality was a pipe dream that nobody could imagine. After the SCOTUS virtually eradicated every systemic issue against homosexuals a decade ago my peers couldn't accept the idea that they weren't victims anymore.

Also MAPs deserve swift execution.
I hear you. The new corporate activism is so fucking shallow and nonsensical. We got all the rights we could imagine and no one should care about us anymore really in the western world. But yes, victimisation on social media is the unicorn in the rainbow and has diluted real issues. 4 years ago I thought it was restricted to Twitter. Twitter was not real life. Until Twitter became real life.

Top Bottom