• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Two Crowns |OT| The Greed Awakens

Zewp

EGoLcDx.gif
Game: Kingdom Two Crowns
Genre: Adventure, Simulation, Strategy
Platforms: PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, Mobile
Release date: 11 Dec 2018
Price: TBA
Official Website: Website

Nothing lasts... until now

In the award-winning Kingdom series, players took on the role of a monarch struggling to build their kingdom up from nothing. Hundreds of thousands of players across the world explored, recruited loyal subjects, and defended nightly against the persistent threat of the Greed – but they did so in isolation, and as with all things in Kingdom, nothing lasts… until now.

Kingdom Two Crowns builds upon the challenging micro strategy experience with an evolution of the celebrated franchise. Introducing the brand-new campaign mode, monarchs must now work to build a kingdom that stands over time until finding a way to defeat the Greed for good. Recruit new unit types and develop advanced technologies to bolster your defenses. Explore fresh environments to discover new mounts and secrets hidden in the deep. Revisit and revitalize your kingdom in its entirety as you move onward through the campaign.

New features:

• Cooperative split-screen gameplay
  • Campaign mode - Moving away from its roguelike roots, this time around there will be a proper campaign mode. Losing no longer means game over. The ruler will start a new game on the previous island (or the first in the case of Island 1), with the previous Kingdom somewhat in ruins and decay.
  • Traditional game modes still available separate from the main campaign
  • Seasonal cycle - no more endless Winter that basically means game over. Seasons will cycle and repeat.
  • Biome system: The game will continue to receive updates post-release and these will include new and exotic biomes, each with unique styles and features
  • New Age - In addition to the Wood and Stone Ages, the game will now include an Iron Age.
  • New upgrade tiers for buildings
  • New units - Units such as the Spearman and Ninja have been confirmed, the former being able to attack through walls and the latter waiting in bushes to ambush enemies.
  • Ruler customization - you can now customise your ruler with purely cosmetic skins
  • New mounts - new mounts like a Salamander, Gryphon, etc
  • New hermits - new hermits that can provide you with some benefits for gold
  • And more - for a full list of new features, head over to the wiki page

Z77mpSO.jpg

DLC
Name: Kingdom Two Crowns: Shogun
Release date: 11 Dec 2018
Price: Free

On day 1 of release, players can journey to lands inspired by the landscape, architecture, and culture of feudal Japan. Play as the mighty Shogun or Onna-bugeisha, enlist the support of the ninja, lead your soldiers to battle atop the mythological Kirin, and form new strategies as you brave the Greed hiding in the thick bamboo forests.

BBBbeUq.jpg

Zewp

I discovered the first game on Xbox Game Pass this weekend (played it way back yonks, but never played New Lands) and I've been hooked all weekend. I ended up playing until 2am on Friday and that after I told myself I was going to have an early night.

I was quite excited to see the new one coming out in just a few days.

Last edited:

Helios

Great OT, played the original and New Lands.
  • Campaign mode - Moving away from its roguelike roots, this time around there will be a proper campaign mode. Losing no longer means game over. The ruler will start a new game on the previous island (or the first in the case of Island 1), with the previous Kingdom somewhat in ruins and decay.
giphy.gif

Zewp

This game looks interesting. Not sure which system to get it for though. Maybe Switch.

You should probably just keep an eye on performance reports. I know people were complaining about the original game having some issues on Switch.

I doubt the devs will make that mistake again, but you never know. I'm also hoping to pick it up on Switch.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

You should probably just keep an eye on performance reports. I know people were complaining about the original game having some issues on Switch.

I doubt the devs will make that mistake again, but you never know. I'm also hoping to pick it up on Switch.
Yeah I'll check Switch reviews before getting it. Hopefully it does run well though.

Fuz

Banned
Looks fantastic but it's boring as fuck.

Especially when most of your guys get killed and you make no money to progress.

Top Bottom