• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: Perfect Dark is in a rough state

I used to be more ambivalent on Xbox's mismanagement of titles. I have a series x. I never play it. I have like 3 years of gamepass I got mega cheap that my son uses I guess. Maybe I'll stream gamepass to my steamdeck eventually. Shit feels dead. I'm actually getting upset now thinking about how we don't have BANGER Halo games, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazzooie games, Conker. Shit SHOULD be hopping. Coalition is at least doing their part.

These people are retards.

Humdinger

Dang, I remember when I heard about the Initiative first being formed. I thought, "That sounds great. Let's what see what they come up with."

Four years later, and it's ... this? Damn. So much time, money, and resources down the drain.

Nate the Hate on Spawn Wave's show is saying Perfect Dark is actually in a good state right now and Grubb might have old information. These rumors seem to get out of hand with Xbox.

wipeout364

I am just going to say it, perfect Dark and rough state is like peanut butter and chocolate. Please name me one perfect dark game that is not in a rough state. And don’t say the n64 version with its single digit frame rates.

Porcile

They should remake the first game from the ground up and actually prove they can even make a game first before saying they're going to make the world's first AAAA game lol

drganon

I am just going to say it, perfect Dark and rough state is like peanut butter and chocolate. Please name me one perfect dark game that is not in a rough state. And don’t say the n64 version with its single digit frame rates.
The remaster they put out on the 360 was decent.

Nothing new. Every xbox first party game is always in a rough state or dev hell. These people are complete imbeciles at their jobs. Spencer, Booty and Bond all need to be fired. Pathetic that a company this wealthy and now with all these devs under their belt STILL can’t make good new games on a regular basis. Shows how piss poor their management truly is. The studios shouldn’t be getting axed but instead Phil and Co. should get their walking papers and be replaced with actual competent people. People who believe in an actual console base and actual solid consistent AAA games to support a healthy ecosystem and draw new customers in. Not rocket science and has been the whole point of console gaming for many years now but for some reason Phil and Co. cant or dont want to recognize that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom