• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its official. Elden ring is the Goty of 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugare

It was cemented even before the game was released due to hype alone

The game sits at a 96 MC score. No other game is gonna touch it.

Maybe BOTW 2 would (ugh), but it was already delayed

You'll have people saying their own personal picks here, but its already settled

I was waiting for late 2023 to play Eldon Ring on sale. But with the Starfield delay Im just going to drop the money on Eldon Ring Right now.
I know Im gonna suck at the game but Ive got the entire rest of 2022 on Series X to try.

Last edited:
I'm not 100% positive it'll be the GOTY with the games released now, let alone if God of War releases.
You never know what the judges will care about the most.
HFW is the best graphically open world game ever made, uses current gen features, and has some great acting.
Those are all things lacking in Elden Ring. I still think it'll be Elden RIng or God of War, but it's never a sure bet on what the judges care about.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This game is going to be the BOTW of this gen. FFS. I was hoping Starfield would show everyone what a truly original new IP next gen game looks like and expose Elden Ring for the derivative last gen game it is, but alas we are going to be comparing it with other derivative last gen games like Horizon and GoW.

Dark times.

yurinka

With starfield and Breath of wild 2 being delayed to 2023, and no news about God of war ragnorak, the cements elden ring goty title.
It was fun while it lasted.
For Xbox maybe.

And probably as overall GOTY too, because this year PS will have several exclusives as GOTY candidates so Sony fanboys will spread their votes, MS fanboys won't have Starfield to focus their votes there and will focus on Elden Ring and the Nintendo fanboys won't have Zelda to focus their votes there so will be spread too.

And well, GoWR will only be delayed in your fantasies.

Zeroing

Banned
This is what I call celebrating too early! We do not know what else is coming/how they will be received

Aesius

ER is a fantastic game but there's still room for improvement. It will end up being the Demon's Souls of FromSoft's open-world offerings. Their first attempt at a true open-world game was a grand slam but they will refine the formula further.

I know I'm going to get ALOT of flack for this...

But what about?

9.14.2020_TD_HP_KeyArt-WIDE-UHD_COLOR-P-Edit-V1_2500px.jpg

The cynic in me keeps reminding me that this is WB and there going to screw it up by monetising it horrifically, but... what if they don't? I mean I know previews are there to build hype but their showing was really impressive, even for a bitter old cynic like me.
This gunna be a solid 7/10...no where close to a game of the generation like elden ring.

Codes 208

For Xbox maybe.

And probably as overall GOTY too, because this year PS will have several exclusives as GOTY candidates so Sony fanboys will spread their votes, MS fanboys won't have Starfield to focus their votes there and will focus on Elden Ring and the Nintendo fanboys won't have Zelda to focus their votes there so will be spread too.

And well, GoWR will only be delayed in your fantasies.
>implying sony fanboys dont play elden ring

kyoji

You guys really need to get off the elden ring koolaid, its a good game, great even, but game of the generation? LMFAO its not even the best in the souls series, and has a laundry list of issues.

Neff

Bayo 3 is gonna stealth this crown, I can feel it

Loved elden ring until endgame.

Yeah I wasn't completely happy with it, to the point where the final third was such a drag that it tainted the rest of the game. It outstayed its initially eager welcome and the end boss gauntlet was shockingly anti-climactic and dull. At that point I was just sick of it and glad to stop playing. When it was good though, it was really, really good.

It's a bold experiment which I hope pays off in an ideally tighter, less repetitive, and more varied sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom