• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that next year(2024) Xbox GamePass lineup, will be better than PS5 lineup!?!?

Bernardougf

Gold Member
I don't understand the obsession with Fable. No doubt the intro of one of the games clearly had some undeniable magic in it, but it might as well have been a Potemkin Village. How's that supposed to save Xbox?

Final Fantasy games on Xbox on the other hand... That would be a proper argument!

Fable would not be able to fill that void.
Specially now with the "gamepass" game production mentality of putting out mediocre franchise games to fill the quota as fast as possible... quality is not of any concern for quite some time over there

Starhowl

Specially now with the "gamepass" game production mentality of putting out mediocre franchise games to fill the quota as fast as possible... quality is not of any concern for quite some time over there
Shovelware such as "Goat Simulator" just makes me shake my head. Is that supposed to be funny? 🤔

SRTtoZ

Both of these games have GIANT shoes to fill. Senuas Sacrifice especially b/c the first one was good, okay, not bad, but they hyped up the sequel so much, showed it off WAY too early and how long as this thing been in development and have, we seen any gameplay? It's mostly just CGI from the trailers if I remember correctly. To be honest, the same exact thing can be said for Fable too. Overhyped, showed of WAYYYYY too early, even though MS barked at Sony for showing their games off early like GoW:R and that released before both of these (as well as being an epically great game). Good luck Microsoft. If these games come out to 7's/8's, the bloodbath will be fucking EPIC.

Last edited:

Roberts

I guess there are still quite a few games not yet announced and no reason to compare but from what I have seen so far:

Don't have PS5 anymore, but I would totally like to play the shit out of Pacific Drive (so much my jam) and Rise of Ronin.
On Xbox Towerborne, Awoved and it would be silly to suggest that I am not curious about HB2. Can’t wait to see more Sea of Thieves, Grounded and Halo updates.

Starting from the fact that it is a "troll" thread, the truth is that no, if Starfield has not moved the needle after years of hype, no one else will, FF7 Rebirth will do a lot for that GP lineup.

yurinka

Wait, who is making Forza Horizon 6? Playground is making Fable.
The leads of the Forza Horizon series left Microsoft, but it's fair to assume Playground continues working on Forza Horizon 6.

Fable is being developed by the new Playground studio (with a new team, not the Forza Horizon one), built to make the game.

Last edited:

Arcadialane

Isnt Hellblade a game engine microsoft is working on for their studios, or is it an actual game?

Last edited:

Venom Snake

I think Microsoft should build a rotary engine made of nothing but "next year will be the year of Xbox" promises, it would run forever.

bmqqdx.PNG

Last edited:

HighPoly

Banned
The leads of the Forza Horizon series left Microsoft, but it's fair to assume Playground continues working on Forza Horizon 6.

Fable is being developed by the new Playground studio (with a new team, not the Forza Horizon one), built to make the game.
did you like FABLE graphics?

Last edited:

Kikorin

No way Fable will be 2024, more like 2027. Hellblade II will be good, but will disappoint because people expect something different from the first one, and it'll be basically the same with better graphics.

Rockman33

Yeah, and Starfield with Forza alone were poised to dethrone Spider-man 2 this holiday season. Turned out one was a whimper and other is total disaster of a launch.

Let the Xbox games do the talking, at least for once.
Starfield is still in the top 10 played games on Xbox. And it’s a single player game almost 3 months out. I’d say that’s far from being a whimper.

While Spiderman 2 is pretty awesome, I don’t think 2 months from now it will still be in top 10 on PlayStation.

Lupin25

Not even close?

Xbox
Hi Fi Rush
Redfall
Starfield
Forza

Playstation
Call of the mountain VR
Spiderman 2

From my count these are the only first party exclusives to their individual console.

I’d say Xbox had the better lineup this year, but that’s just my opinion.

That would definitely be your preference, because I think the exact opposite. Quality over quantity.

Plus, the ps5 still only has FFXVI and BG3.
Burning Shores also had one of the biggest boss battles this year for me.

DrFigs

I mean was it not better in 2023? Starfield and Hi-Fi Rush aren't great games. Neither is Redfall. but Sony just had the one.

I get that playstation was doing other cool things in 2023, but just in terms of big first party titles, they were beat by xbox this year.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
They working on Fable.
Wait, who is making Forza Horizon 6? Playground is making Fable.
Playground opened up an entirely new studio location, separate from their Forza Horizon developers, for the team that went on to work on Fable. They're a two projects studio, and they're certainly making a sequel to FH5 - the most successful Xbox title since the original Gears of War trilogy and Bungie's Halo games.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Exclusives or First Party only?
Because Granblue: Relink, TLOU 2 Remastered, Helldivers 2 and Rebirth makes PS5 first 2 months alone pretty darn good.
C'mon. TLOU2 is a remaster of a 3 year old game. Nobody should pretend that this is exciting. My PS5 will be collecting dust most of 2024.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Fable is not coming out next year. Zero chance.

That said, this is what I expect the Xbox lineup to look like in 2024:
  • Confirmed
    • Ara: History Untold
    • Avowed
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
    • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
    • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remake
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Third-Party
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
And this is what I expect out of PlayStation:
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
    • The Last Of Us Part II Remastered
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
    • God of War: Ragnarök standalone expansion
    • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 DLC
  • Third-Party
    • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    • Granblue Fantasy Relink
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake
    • Silent Hill: The Short Message
With all the cards on the table, I personally find PlayStation's lineup of "exclusive" games more appealing. I also excluded both Bungie and Activision games from both lists since those would be multiplatform titles that wouldn't move the needle for each side.
What an absolutely terrible list of games.

Is this what people genuinely look forward to these days?

vivftp

C'mon. TLOU2 is a remaster of a 3 year old game. Nobody should pretend that this is exciting. My PS5 will be collecting dust most of 2024.

Funny how some folks can't separate their own excitement levels from others. Just because it's not your cup of tea doesn't mean others shouldn't be excited. There's a LOT of folks excited to hop back into the game to experience a native PS5 run, and to experience the new content like the Lost Levels and the No Return mode. Plus of course it'll have the inevitable PC port that'll follow, introducing the game to a new audience.

For me there isn't a single brand new game that's been announced or even potentially on the verge of being announced that has me as excited as jumping back into TLOU2. It's my GOAT game and I'll be there day 1 to enjoy it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What an absolutely terrible list of games.

Is this what people genuinely look forward to these days?

Go play Ultima IX, Banjo.

We don’t know what all is coming to either platform next year. Though 2024 has to be better than 2023 first party for PlayStation, right?

I would hope so. 2023 for Sony first party was what 2022 was for Xbox first party.

Hopefully both have 3, 4 good first party bangers.

Last edited:
OP is so excited that Xbox is actually releasing notable games that he's forgotten that the games actually need to be good.

Xbox has a severe quality problem, so expecting Fable (that we've seen nothing of other that a CGI trailer) to be good is quite optimistic to say the least.

Hudo

Age of Mythology: Retold will most likely come out next year so that makes it automatically better than anything that Sony have to offer for next year.

Unless Sony are doing a new Motorstorm.

Elios83

Lol. Just imagine starting to overhype a Ninja Theory game to make the usual console war comparisons.
What can go wrong? :pie_grinning_sweat: 🤣
Some people are truly their own enemies, instead of waiting for facts to speak they constantly set up the ground to take their usual L. Like happened this year with Starfield and the true next gen racing game Forza.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Sure!

I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!

I know PS5 will get Silent Hill 2 as an exclusive, but this game is not a first party anyway...
and we don't even know anything about WOLVERINE, that seems to be releasing in 2025...

Well, take a look at these graphics below

What do you think??

And let's be honest, if you want to share your opinion and your expecting lineup!

If gameplay looks anything like that for fable...it might just be. But no HUD, all looks super scripted. I know people are claiming it's in game or something, but I'm just not convinced. I remember people saying similar things about TLOU2....and low and beyold...it was pretty damn close if not spot on. Hellblade II is similar...that past couple of showings is....more believable because I've played the first game.

Add to this that I actually don't really know what's coming next year for Playstation. That showcase we were waiting for hasn't happened yet, but maybe TGA will shed some light on that.

Man what if GTA 6 is a insta drop for Christmas Day or something....wooo weee. I know, off-topic, but it just came to mind.

Top Bottom