• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that next year(2024) Xbox GamePass lineup, will be better than PS5 lineup!?!?

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Ok boomer
lucious lyon wtf GIF

SenkiDala

Fable is not coming out next year. Zero chance.

That said, this is what I expect the Xbox lineup to look like in 2024:
  • Confirmed
    • Ara: History Untold
    • Avowed
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
    • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
    • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remake
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Third-Party
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
And this is what I expect out of PlayStation:
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
    • The Last Of Us Part II Remastered
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
    • God of War: Ragnarök standalone expansion
    • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 DLC
  • Third-Party
    • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    • Granblue Fantasy Relink
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake
    • Silent Hill: The Short Message
With all the cards on the table, I personally find PlayStation's lineup of "exclusive" games more appealing. I also excluded both Bungie and Activision games from both lists since those would be multiplatform titles that wouldn't move the needle for each side.
I agree with you brother, on the Xbox side there's Fable and Avowed that I'm expecting, Fable won't be ready for 2024. Hellblade 2, to me, looks quite average, the 1st one was good but average, same as DmC, same as Heavenly Sword, same as Enslaved, it's like this studio just produces 6.5/10 games, always.

On PS5 I'm hyped for Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, TLOU2R (yeah I know), Death Stranding 2 (I'm quite sure it'll release in 2024), DLC for FFXVI, FFVIIR, Grand Blue Fantasy Relink and both Silent Hill games... That's almost everything.

bender

What time is it?
Sony doesn't have much to look forward to though I think Silent Hill 2 might be interesting from a train wreck perspective. But Fable has always sucked and as much as I like Playground Games, it's not exactly in their wheelhouse. Ninja Theory games are also pretty meh. 3rd party is where it is at.

Aenima

• Confirmed
    • Avowed
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
  • Expansions/DLCs
  • Third-Party
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
  • Third-Party
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake
With all the cards on the table, I personally find PlayStation's lineup of "exclusive" games more appealing. I also excluded both Bungie and Activision games from both lists since those would be multiplatform titles that wouldn't move the needle for each side.
Diferent ppl have diferent tastes and all, but Playstation lineup for 2024 is crazy good to me. Pretty much half of the games listed are day 1 games for me. And thers still a few more multiplatform games im also excited about like LaD Infinity Wealth and Dragon Dogma 2.

Pimpbaa

• Confirmed
    • Avowed
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
  • Expansions/DLCs
  • Third-Party
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
  • Third-Party
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake

Wait, who is making Forza Horizon 6? Playground is making Fable.

Silent Hill alone is enough to grab my attention to what else there is on Playstation next year, like Rise of the Ronin, Steller Blade and God of War DLC. Dont forget PSVR2 projects that havent been announced yet. We just got some news about the RE4 Remake VR mode recently.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
PC!!! is the clear winner in this thread!!!!!

Seems like pretty much(!!!) every game(??!!!!??) is coming day one!!!!!!!

(Edited post for more exclamation marks to get on OP's level.)

Last edited:
I expect Fable to be 2025 at the earliest TBH. My most anticipated game for next year on the 1st party front is Avowed, just because Obsidian makes damn good RPGs.

I will certainly fuck with a purely graphical Oblivion remake, but holy shit if they just tweak the attribute point distribution I'll be in heaven. I literally just tried out a heavily modded Oblivion on my ROG Ally, and I can't get the controller support mod working properly. This game either sucks on M/KB, or I have 15 years of experience to unlearn.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Let's see.

I am hoping Fable is amazing. Hellblade 2 should be a known qty. If you liked the first it will be more of that.

Hoping for some surprises, but yes if those games launch its more than I know or am interested in from sonys first party.

For me, MS had a better 2023 than Sony but they didn't have the industry shaking first party game that Starfield was expected to be.

Surely, we have to start seeing dable properly and hopefully rhe other games they announced yeaaaaars ago?

Crayon

Ninja Theory is great and I think they really care about what they do but .. eh.

I'm interested to see what playground can do with fable though. Those times when a studio breaks their mold and does it well are always great. But seriously wait to see something of it.

TheTony316

I don't know about that.

First and second party:

Helldivers 2
Death Stranding 2 (maybe)
Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
TLOU2 Remastered

Third Party:

FF7 Rebirth
Granblue Fantasy Relink
Silent Hill 2

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Sony might well drop Wolverine and Ghost of Tsushima 2 in 2024, not to mention 3rd party exclusives like FF7 Rebirth. What exclusive games will MS have than can compete with those? Not to mention that those Sony games will most likely be optimized for PS5 Pro.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Gets boring when anytime a passionate fan gushes over their platform of choice, they get called a shill, or astroturfer, or I guess AI now. Sometimes fans just wanna fan out (this sounded cooler in my head, I'm still sticking with it).
It is the GamePass mention (sometimes with or without the BestDealInGamibg tagline) that drives it over the edge, the console comparison completely glossing over the other platform’s details and posting promoting material about two MS exclusives without any original thoughts.

StueyDuck

W
Sure!

I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!

I know PS5 will get Silent Hill 2 as an exclusive, but this game is not a first party anyway...
and we don't even know anything about WOLVERINE, that seems to be releasing in 2025...

Well, take a look at these graphics below

What do you think??

And let's be honest, if you want to share your opinion and your expecting lineup!

We haven't actually seen any of these games.

To it's early to determine anything. Everyone thought SM2 and Starfield were going to set the world on fire this year and they were both duds

Seems like you've forgotten to take note of how big the list of 3rd party games is in 2024. The lineups of Sony & Microsoft is tiny and insignificant in sheer number alone by comparison... And we're talking good 3rd party games as well, like Dragon's Dogma 2 for instance.

Also, I find it highly unlikely for Fable to make it to 2024, the year following after that is a more likely release year Fable and it'll be probably floating in a sea of other anticipated, big releases for 2025, that'll definitely give it a hard time. South of Midnight & Clockwork are probably 2025 releases as well by the looks of things, with 2024 featuring games like Avowed for instance. As for Hellblade II, it's probably going to be a walking simulator trying to compete in a lineup of much bigger and lengthier releases. Avowed has a chance. Hellblade though? Now that's a basket I wouldn't even think of placing all my eggs in.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Fable is definitely not releasing next year, they haven't shown anything beyond the teasers. But I definitely think it will be a great year if Hellblade 2 and Stalker 2 are both released - they're on the top on my list. Forza Horizon 6 should also come out and that's gonna be a hit.

Three

Effortless truth that people try to sweep away, lmao.

It’s funny seeing people being excited by a Bloober/Konami game though.

at least we have the Medium and Cyber Shadow.

Im gonna try YIIK just to see how bad it is.

« The Medium reminds me of Alan Wake, if Wake leaned a bit harder into its horror side. »

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

I know it’s IGN but wow that’s quite a statement.

The Medium has 87% positive evaluations on Steam (so from full price paying customers), I don’t think this game will match that from people who will pay €79 for it...

Between The Medium, Cyber Shadow, Call of the Sea, Monster Train, Jedi Fallen Order and Star Wars Squadrons I’m already breaking even on the year of subscription and that’s only counting what I finished. Soon I will add Outriders too.
mike-tyson-tyson.gif

Chukhopops

I’m not sure where you’re going with this, I’m not the one who shat endlessly on Bloober when the Medium launched, calling it The Mediocre and other weak jokes.

Suddenly people are hyped for Bloober because they make an exclusive on their platform.

Three

I’m not sure where you’re going with this, I’m not the one who shat endlessly on Bloober when the Medium launched, calling it The Mediocre and other weak jokes.

Suddenly people are hyped for Bloober because they make an exclusive on their platform.
Where I'm going with this is how you find it funny people are excited for a bloober game like Silent Hill 2 when you yourself was excited and enjoyed The Medium. I think it shows me more about you and "your platform" than them.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Where I'm going with is is how you find it funny people are excited for a bloober game like Silent Hill 2 when you yourself was excited and enjoyed The Medium. I think it shows me more about you and "your platform" than them.
I think it’s funny because people spent a lot of energy shitting on The Medium, and now SH2 is hyped with the exact same team.

What is shows you isn’t something I really care about tbqh.

yurinka

What do you think??
Considering when they started their development, that Fable is made by a new studio and that Hellblade 2 is supposed to be larger than the first one, I think Fable and Hellblade 2 won't release on 2024 unless they are too rushed.

Fable is made by a Playground spinoff studio, and most Playground leads who were working on the Forza Horizon series left not long ago to start something else outside MS. So I assume they weren't happy with something of their Playground studios or MS.

Last edited:

Calverz

Well yea. The sheer number of first party studios they have now will make this happen regularly.

• Confirmed
    • Avowed
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
  • Expansions/DLCs
  • Third-Party
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
  • Third-Party
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake
You are missing call of duty 2024 from this I believe.

Starhowl

I don't understand the obsession with Fable. No doubt the intro of one of the games clearly had some undeniable magic in it, but it might as well have been a Potemkin Village. How's that supposed to save Xbox?

Final Fantasy games on Xbox on the other hand... That would be a proper argument!

Fable would not be able to fill that void.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Reminds me of Cowboy fans every year is their year lol
At least the team has been good for all the seasons and loose in the playoffs ... xbox dont even get past the first three games.. is all offseason "this year" talk and when the year starts.. welp

Last edited:
Fable has a chance to be a great game. Hellblade 2 though? Good graphics but I can already tell it'll be as boring as the first one. The fact that they seem almost afraid to show much gameplay isn't a good sign.

Last edited:
Top Bottom