• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It seems that next year(2024) Xbox GamePass lineup, will be better than PS5 lineup!?!?

HighPoly

Banned
Sure!

I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!

I know PS5 will get Silent Hill 2 as an exclusive, but this game is not a first party anyway...
and we don't even know anything about WOLVERINE, that seems to be releasing in 2025...

Well, take a look at these graphics below

What do you think??

And let's be honest, if you want to share your opinion and your expecting lineup!

HighPoly

Banned
I guess we’re assuming that these are going to be good? Hellblade 2 has been in development for god knows how long I have lowkey lost some faith in that project
Well, if you guys are waiting for a gunplay game, will be very disapointed

Hellblade is Hellblade as you all know...

But sure! Amazing graphics and amazing story!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

Hugare

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

We know jack shit about Fable. Havent seen actual gameplay and the game has been supposedly in development hell for a while.

Senua is a sequel to an ok AA game. Will deliver graphically, for sure, but gameplay wise? Hopefuly it will be more ambitious than the original, but we dont know yet.

I'm more excited about FF VII Rebirth than both of these games, honestly

And this thread reeks of console warring bait, OP

Last edited:

Pelta88

Next year has been the XB tag line since 2013. Fun fact, I'm not sure which tag line came first...

"Wait till E3." or "Next year."

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

It's hard to say. Hasn't Fable been promised for over a decade now?
Yeah, but not in its current form. Nothing wrong with letting the gumbo cook, but you have to serve it up at some point.

Threads by AI
Gets boring when anytime a passionate fan gushes over their platform of choice, they get called a shill, or astroturfer, or I guess AI now. Sometimes fans just wanna fan out (this sounded cooler in my head, I'm still sticking with it).

Last edited:

Aion002

Fable might be good and Hellblade is not for me.

Death Stranding 2, FFVII Rebirth, Granblue Relink, Rise of Ronin and Stellar Blade are the exclusives that I am most hyped so far for next year.

Also, I don't really care if they are first party or not, all that matters for me is which platforms they are available.

Last edited:

vivftp

Just posting for comparisons sake

This is a list of confirmed/leaked SIE first party and published content along with console exclusive content that'll drop in 2024 (well, FF16 DLCs aren't dated yet, but they should still count)

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
MLB24
Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Concord
Helldivers 2
Foamstars
Baby Steps
Pacific Drive
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade
Lost Soul Aside
TLOU Part 2 PS5/PC
Final Fantasy 16 (one or both DLCs)
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Granblue Fantasy Relink

Other content that's rumored that could land in 2024 is:

Spider-Man 2 DLC
DS2
Wolverine
God of War smaller title
Project Mugen

Fable ain't coming out next year. For exclusives, Sony has FF7 Rebirth, Death Stranding 2, Stellar Blade and Rise of The Ronin. Not to mention, Helldivers 2, Concord, and Fairgame for their GAAS games. On paper, that is a good year

Xbox big games are Hellblade 2, Avowed, and maybe Clockwork Revolution. I question how big of a budget and the scope of those games. All of those studios have been closer to AA+ in recent years than AAA. Fable and ES6 are the only obvious 200mil+ budget game Microsoft studios have in development

Last edited:

DeepSpace5D

It seems like visuals are a high priority for you and that’s fine, I consider them a big selling point as well. But how can you not even remember Death Stranding 2 when it comes to that category? It’s without a doubt going to be one of the best looking games of the year, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it takes the crown for 2024.

radewagon

These apples are so much more delicious than these oranges.

Why are we comparing a "gamepass lineup" to a "PS5 lineup?" Seems like Hellblade and Fable aren't even suited to being gamepass darlings since both will likely be titles that can be played in one month's time so they won't do much to justify a longterm subscription and would result in a loss for MS if gamers sub for just the time needed to experience said games and then cancel.

Gojiira

In a year where PS5 is getting Rise of the Ronin? Lol sorry but RotR alone looks much much better…Not to mention Death Stranding 2, FF7 Remake, Helldivers 2,Stellar Blade,Silent Hill 2. First party or not is irrelevant, the quality of the exclusive titles matter more and in that regard PS5 still looks stronger.
Nobody knows what else is coming either, way too soon and Xbox’ track record for overhyping and underdelivering is well documented.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m honestly more excited about the XBLA games I have on my XBO. Haven’t played my XBox since Halo Infinite. Which I finished and let my GamePass expire. 🤷

Skifi28

There is no doubt in my mind that one imaginary list containing games without actual release dates is better than another imaginary list with no release dates.

All we know for 2024 is Sony getting TLOU 2 remaster, Helldivers 2, and FF7Rebirth. Everything else doesn’t have release dates and it’s a crap shoot.

Stooky

slow down , lets just hope they are good first. quality over quantity. I just don't want to get flooded with a bunch of mediocre titles.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I mean, that's how I felt about 2023. Really wasnt even close.

2024 is still largely a mystery for all 3 systems. I'm sure everyone will have stuff to play.

Perrott

Gold Member
I mean, if FABLE and Hellblade 2 will release in 2024 plus some newer third party games, it will be AMAZING!!
Fable is not coming out next year. Zero chance.

That said, this is what I expect the Xbox lineup to look like in 2024:
  • Confirmed
    • Ara: History Untold
    • Avowed
    • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
    • Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
    • Towerborne
  • Unconfirmed
    • Forza Horizon 6
    • Project Mara
    • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Remake
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Third-Party
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
And this is what I expect out of PlayStation:
  • Confirmed
    • Concord
    • Helldivers II
    • Rise of the Ronin
    • Stellar Blade
    • The Last Of Us Part II Remastered
  • Unconfirmed
    • New Astro-Bot
    • Death Stranding 2
  • Expansions/DLCs
    • Final Fantasy XVI DLCs
    • God of War: Ragnarök standalone expansion
    • Marvel's Spider-Man 2 DLC
  • Third-Party
    • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
    • Granblue Fantasy Relink
    • Silent Hill 2 Remake
    • Silent Hill: The Short Message
With all the cards on the table, I personally find PlayStation's lineup of "exclusive" games more appealing. I also excluded both Bungie and Activision games from both lists since those would be multiplatform titles that wouldn't move the needle for each side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom