• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intervention: Microsoft GAF, you're out of control

The whole Craig thing was a legitimate disaster; that wasn't fanboyism. I didn't expect Sony to get a pass either when they lost the unencrypted personal info of millions of people around the world. Childish spec wars are one thing, but these companies sometimes do make massive blunders that do deserve criticism and ridicule. Pointing them out doesn't make one a rabid fanboy.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
This must be one of those high quality threads I keep hearing about.

YmBSedB.jpg

Man I seriously hate console launch times. Tons of words, nothing of substance, and endless petty console war threads. I purposely avoided all of the Sony brag threads for the last few months, and am now mostly dodging the Xbox brag threads too.

Incidentally, I find it weird people are offended there were more Sony fans for the last several years when the world picked Sony for the last generation. It'd be totally bizarre for Neogaf to be completely neutral under those circumstances. Does nobody remember all the pro-Xbox stuff in the 360 days?

tryDEATH

This has got to be satire right?

The buy-out was announced like two days ago and people are upset and can't take it anymore, because they are now forced to eat a giant sized crow for all the mocking and clowning they have done for a whole generation.

If the Sony fans are this sensitive it makes absolute sense why the Mods banned a single number to protect these small fragile man children.

I never expected this many man tears from Sony fans, but I guess this buy-out destroyed their little online superiority complex and ego into a million little pieces and are unable to cope with it.

This meltdown has turned into a gloriously epic comedy show and for that I have to thank the Sony fanboys.

Relentless Sony fan nonsense online has almost ruined these launches for me. I have zero sympathy now that it is coming back.

Got to be taught humility, clearly. Long may it continue.

lock2k

Banned
I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.
Don't be a fanboy. Fanboys are either retarded or poor. Or both :messenger_beaming: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_beaming:

MrFunSocks

Banned
This place has been a sony fanboy haven for years, where anyone saying anything remotely positive about xbox or remotely negative about playstation was jumped on and criticised if not just outright banned. Now those people are just having the time of their life watching all those sony boys squirm and have meltdowns and try to change the narrative. It's incredibly entertaining.

It's about bloody time too, because this place has been insufferable if you didn't buy into the sony circle jerk.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This place has been a sony fanboy haven for years, where anyone saying anything remotely positive about xbox or remotely negative about playstation was jumped on and criticised if not just outright banned.
Receipts.

This is the delusional persecution complex I've mentioned. You seem like someone hell-bent on not getting along with people who own other brands and will even make up incredible fantasies about the forum at large to justify bad behavior toward another brand.

I can respect people who say "can't we just get along?" or "let's just laugh it off" but for people to chime in and say "NO! Sony fans had this coming" only proves the OP's point.

Self-awareness is sorely lacking. Fans need to embrace self-deprecation and be willing to see the flaws in their favorite stuff. Snide assholes have no business rubbing people's noses in it.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Receipts.

This is the delusional persecution complex I've mentioned. You seem like someone hell-bent on not getting along with people who own other brands and will even make up incredible fantasies about the forum at large to justify bad behavior toward another brand.

I can respect people who say "can't we just get along?" or "let's just laugh it off" but for people to chime in and say "NO! Sony fans had this coming" only proves the OP's point.

Self-awareness is sorely lacking. Fans need to embrace self-deprecation and be willing to see the flaws in their favorite stuff. Snide assholes have no business rubbing people's noses in it.
Receipts? This place was known as SonyGAF all over the internet lol. It still is lol.

There is no "other brand" to me, I'll buy anything, don't care what the brand is. I own more playstation consoles and games than I'd almost guarantee 90% of this forum. I'll buy a PS5 without hesitation the day a must have game for me releases on it. I could not give less of a shit about the name on the box.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Receipts? This place was known as SonyGAF all over the internet lol. It still is lol.
Argumentum ad populum, and a dodge at that.

I asked for receipts on the following:

where anyone saying anything remotely positive about xbox or remotely negative about playstation was jumped on and criticised if not just outright banned

GAF's reputation has nothing to do with your claim. GAF itself is an example that reputation and reality are often two different things.

There is no "other brand" to me, I'll buy anything, don't care what the brand is. I own more playstation consoles and games than I'd almost guarantee 90% of this forum. I'll buy a PS5 without hesitation the day a must have game for me releases on it. I could not give less of a shit about the name on the box.
I'm not saying you care about the name on the box, but you sure do have strong feelings about other people in the community who buy that box.

Why do I have this feeling that this won't be the biggest news of this year
I've got that saaaaame feeling.

If I was going to call my shot here I'd bet on something like PS5 hardware failures due to cooling issues. Just a hunch. Theres a reason no one has a PS5 out in the wild yet, like reviewers etc.

bitbydeath

This was sony's competition this generation. And This what they will be competing against next generation (and counting.) You should get used to it.

NR0Q17P.jpg

That image isn’t accurate at all. MS had tons of studios in 2013, Lionhead amongst them.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The funny part is that MS buying Zenimax and all these other studios actually proves that Xbox did in fact "have no games", and the Sony ponies did have a point ripping on them about it :D

I guess a generation of ignoring/denial of this obvious fact finally coming to an end is a cause for jubilation !

GAF's reputation has nothing to do with your claim. GAF itself is an example that reputation and reality are often two different things.

I'm not saying you care about the name on the box, but you sure do have strong feelings about other people in the community who buy that box.
Oh yeah.. mention 9.2TF ina Sony thread, lol. Or you might get a warning for the terms Sony Pony or Sony GAF. And GAF of old very much would ban you for being antiSony, especially new members. Thankfully those tools are gone and the ban hammer isn't abused. I think the mods are pretty good most of the time now where as some were terrible before

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Oh yeah.. mention 9.2TF ina Sony thread, lol. Or you might get a warning for the terms Sony Pony or Sony GAF. And GAF of old very much would ban you for being antiSony, especially new members. Thankfully those tools are gone and the ban hammer isn't abused. I think the mods are pretty good most of the time now where as some were terrible before
If you're aware of the 9.2tF ban then surely you were witness to the community behavior leading up to it...

I agree, I also think mods should be hands off.

Which is why the OP's suggestion -- to stop reveling in snide fanboy attacks -- is so spot on. If the mods are hands off, then the community needs to step up to make the obnoxious behavior go away. The resistance to his idea is remarkable, even as people insist the OP is wrong in his assessment.

MrFunSocks

Banned

No, I have strong feelings about people in the community who will only buy that box because of the name on it and won't buy other boxes because of the names on them.

You ask for receipts of this being SonyGAF? This forum is the receipt lol. Have you not been reading this place? What "receipts" do you want other than what everyone has seen for years?

Neil Young

I may be totally mistaken as my brain is mush lately but...I seem to remember back when the xbox one was revealed that the mod with the samuel l Jackson avatar(can't remember name) was banning people left and right for even SUPPORTING the system. People were called astroturfers and each ban was celebrated with those obnoxious fucking gifs.

Just skip the thread. Sony will purchase a studio or secure an exclusive and all will be ok.

Orta

Banned
I'm repulsed at the accusation of Sony fans being victimised on here. I really like this place but it is as far as I know most utterly biased forum in favour of Sony. The arrogance and smugness of Playstation owners knows no bounds and the utter hypocrisy of them crying over Xbox fans giving them back exactly what they are on the receiving end of 24/7 is an absolute piss take. I'd say more but I'd rather not get another ban.

Last edited:

REDRZA MWS

I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.

dxAucN5.gif

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
No, I have strong feelings about people in the community who will only buy that box because of the name on it and won't buy other boxes because of the names on them.

You ask for receipts of this being SonyGAF? This forum is the receipt lol. Have you not been reading this place? What "receipts" do you want other than what everyone has seen for years?
So you can't back up what you say. Meanwhile you wander from thread to thread talking about how excited you are for meltdowns and people eating crow.

Fanboys denying they are fanboys while calling other people fanboys is hilarious. Excellent 🍯 thread. Lots of masks left at the door.

2323433.jpg

If you're aware of the 9.2tF ban then surely you were witness to the community behavior leading up to it...

I agree, I also think mods should be hands off.

Which is why the OP's suggestion -- to stop reveling in snide fanboy attacks -- is so spot on. If the mods are hands off, then the community needs to step up to make the obnoxious behavior go away. The resistance to his idea is remarkable, even as people insist the OP is wrong in his assessment.
Goes both ways though. You haven't been able to go into any xbox thread without the same 8-10 people consistently shitting up the thread. Go read the velocity architecture thread and you'll see more than half of it is the same players bragging about the PS5 and doing their best to downplay the Series X. Jesus.. go into a gamepass thread... My god, the nonsense that comes out of Sony fan's mouths in everyone of these threads is plain ridiculous. The craig meme. I'm so tired of seeing the Craig meme 50 times in every xbox thread just so the Pony Express can stroke each other's meat... Ect... Ect... My point. What goes around... Comes around.

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

It just videogames, pal.

Enjoy the banter, take the piss and then dish it out in turn, if that's your thing.
As long as it's done tongue in cheek and doesn't turn into OTT personal attacks, it's pretty harmless.

Then log off and get back to what your wife/partner/kids/boss/parents are nagging you to get on with in the real world.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Goes both ways though. You haven't been able to go into any xbox thread without the same 8-10 people consistently shitting up the thread. Go ready the velocity architecture thread and you'll see more than half of it is the same players bragging about the PS5 and doing their best to downplay the Series X. Jesus.. go into a gamepass thread... My god, the nonsense that comes out of Sony fan's mouths in everyone of these threads is plain ridiculous. The craig meme. I'm so tired of seeing the Craig meme 50 times in every xbox thread just so the Pony Express can stroke each other's meat... Ect... Ect... My point. What goes around... Comes around.
Why would I go into a Game Pass thread? It gets mentioned in every other thread.

And the OP's point is that "what goes around comes around" is bad for the community. It's funny that it can be spelled out plainly yet people will still say "yeah but Sony had it coming".

Your tour of duty against the Sony Ponies is meaningless. They are fanboys and you became one in the process. Achievement unlocked.

FranXico

I'm repulsed at the accusation of Sony fans being victimised on here. I really like this place but it as far as I know is the most utterly biased board I know in favour of Sony. The arrogance and smugness of Playstation owners knows no bounds and the utter hypocrisy of them crying over Xbox fans giving them back exactly what they are on the receiving end of 24/7 is an absolute piss take. I'd say more but I'd rather not get another ban.
Sony fans who have been here since long before 2013 know how devoid of self awareness and hypocritical this kind of comment truly is.

FunkMiller

Meh. This is no worse than when the Sony fanboys get a sniff of good news. Exactly the same happens.

Kids, eh? What are you gonna do, except let them talk shit and think they’re important 🤷🏻‍♂️

Though it's been quite tame. Now GAF during the OG Xbox / PS2 era. That was intense. Some quality photoshops and animations (something I notice is sadly lacking in the current console wars).

Now you know how it felt since 2013.

Hold your horses. Sony has just produced 2 GOTY contenders in this year alone. And their 14 AAA studios are hard at work to produce the next GOTY games.

Start gloating after Bethesda made a game that is not as bad as Fallout 76. For now, it's all suppositions. Even if it turns out to be a good game, it will not make Sony's AAA games bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom