• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intervention: Microsoft GAF, you're out of control

Overly long post incoming.

Here's my take on this generation and the problem I've got with the treatment different companies get by the press, you tubers and fanboys across agenda pushing forums like Reset Era or this one

I have been a PC only gamer since I built a gaming PC right when the 8th generation of consoles started. I really got back into gaming this gen after leaving the hobby for like 7 years. This generation right from the start, the press was set to destroy big bad monopolistic Microsoft since their Xbox one reveal. I get that Kinect was a clusterfuck, but the always online checks? We are 99% of the time online now. Sharing games? We are more digital than ever now. And guess what, you can share digital games with xbox as well. But that stupid video from Sony got viral, because that's the narrative the press and fanboys wanted to push.

Then I saw how the xbox one got flak for running games at a slightly lower resolution (typically 900p vs 1080p) the gaming press and the fanboys made this incredibly small gap feel as if it were an ocean of performance. Curious why this was never a thing again once the Xbox one X released. Oh and btw Sony, those "Dynamic 4k" ads for the PS4 Pro on the Champions League? That's false advertising.

Something started to caught my attention, when it came to new releases. There wasn't much talk about MS , but everything Sony did was seen as the second coming. Mediocre games like Uncharted 4 were given really high scores in Metacritic just for being released by one of Sony's top studios. Sony fans will later recognize that is the weakest Uncharted series ever. For comparison, Rise of the Tomb Raider was given lower scores in spite the fact that you could do much more in the game and the gameplay was more fluid and better paced

Even acknowledging that MS First party output was a mixed bag this generation...Do you have any shadow of doubt that if games like Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive were released as Playstation exclusives, they would have 10 to 15 extra points by press outlets? Its all about keeping your largest audience happy, dont tell them something they dont want to hear. Tell them what they want to hear: Sony good, MS, Nintendo and PC gaming bad.

FFs just compare Killer Instinct to the clusterfuck that was SFV (Sony console exclusive) I was there at launch with a copy of SFV on PC trying to install the damn thing, to this day is one of the most barebones fighting games ever. Completely inexcusable. At least KI was free to play, and you could buy the full version afterwards. And down the line got an awesome single player extra mode, Lords of Shadow. Compare to that terrible excuse for a Story mode from SFV.

Then we got the concern trolling (a recurring theme by the press/you tubers/fanboys when it came to the Xbox and MS) due to their decision to release their games on PC. Will MS become third party? Is Xbox dead? Why do I need an xbox? Seems that everyone all of a sudden had a spare gaming PC alongside their PS4.
BTW remember all the flak MS got for a couple of months of timed exclusivity with Rise of the Tomb Raider? Sony does it all the time, FFVII Remake, Nier Automata, Nioh and more. But is never called for it.

Then we got the constant downplay of Xbox releases when it came to the Goty awards: Truly great games with lots of replay values and big communities like the Forza Horizon games could never be considered for Goty because they are racing games. It seems you have to be a cinematic third person game with an "emotional" story to be elegible to Goty awards. Give me gameplay oriented games any day.

Also the constant downplay of innovative games like Sea of Thieves just because they are online experiences. The press shills must learn that Games as a Service like Sea of Thieves can have as much value and prestige as Single Player story based games. Not everyone is interested in Single player one and dones where moving the analog stick up and watching cutscenes is half of the gameplay

And then the fanboys... truly the worst fanboys in all gaming. Nintendo fanboys are passionate about their games, xbox fans got flak all this generation and the PC gaming community is by far the best and most collaborative. Never got the PCMR stereotype. PC gaming is for everyone, from Intel HD graphics to 4 way SLI 3080s

But Sony fanboys (of course talking just about fanboys here) they really believe they are the bees knees. Smug and arrogant. These folks truly believe that all third party devs owe Sony and should not release their games in other platforms: remember the meltdown when Square and Capcom DARED to release FFXIII and DMC 4 on the xbox?

I believe this sense of entitlement comes from the PS1 and PS2 when they monopolized the console market thanks to piracy (how do you believe that Sony got its "global" appeal?) Chinese style dumping to get Sega and Nintendo out of the console market it was.

Bunch of hypocrites they label PC gamers as pirates when Playstation is what it is thanks to piracy. All those shills in the press in their 30s and 40s grew up with their modded PS1 and PS2 and a tower of CD-R - DVD-R. Cheap folks that champion the used games market so that they keep buying and selling games without giving money to the devs. At least PC gamers buying games on Steam sales give money to the devs.

At the end of the day its about being critical when companies do things wrong give them a pat on the back when right. But if you really like this hobby as a whole its important to be FAIR. Not everything done on MS, PC or Nintendo is bad and everything done on Sony's camp is the second coming of christ: Their games are polished but safe, their regional pricing policy is non existent. PS Now is an utter failure. The PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like jet engines when pushed, and Sony's stance on backwards compatibility is an embarrassment.

This is the straight truth.

GiJoint

Exactly. Xbox fans had to endure some tough shit FOR YEARS. Heck OP, if you think is bad then you certainly wasn't around during Craig week. Or maybe just turned a blind eye to it.
They’re just cycles.
Those early days between the 360 and PS3, Team Xbox fans were ruthless then PS4 rocks up and makes Xbox One its dirty little secret, now we are seeing another pre game match up again.

Last edited:

Elcid

Banned
As a Switch/PS4/PC/former Xboy I have to say that some of the gloating is out of control on both sides 100% BUT I think some of the memes/mockery helps. Imagine if there weren’t 300 Craig memes and Microsoft left that presentation thinking “we dun gud”. The issues boil and bubble until eventually someone notices and something is done. Even as a PS main currently, I’m happy that Microsoft bought Bethesda and I’m hoping they take advantage of their new resource and create some awesome IPs for Xboys but at the CURRENT MOMENT there is still no reason to buy an Xbox imo, especially as a PC gamer. I’m hoping that changes by the time the next iteration (slim?) of Xbox comes out so that I actually feel compelled to buy one.

semicool

Banned
As a Switch/PS4/PC/former Xboy I have to say that some of the gloating is out of control on both sides 100% BUT I think some of the memes/mockery helps. Imagine if there weren’t 300 Craig memes and Microsoft left that presentation thinking “we dun gud”. The issues boil and bubble until eventually someone notices and something is done. Even as a PS main currently, I’m happy that Microsoft bought Bethesda and I’m hoping they take advantage of their new resource and create some awesome IPs for Xboys but at the CURRENT MOMENT there is still no reason to buy an Xbox imo, especially as a PC gamer. I’m hoping that changes by the time the next iteration (slim?) of Xbox comes out so that I actually feel compelled to buy one.
There is if you are a PC gamer and your PC is average, currently worth less than $1500.

Senua

Cry fucking more.

The whining and crying of xbox fans will never not be funny
You're all as bad as each other tbh

2KSoh39_d.webp

Fox Mulder

People felt the burns from the Hiroshima atom bomb for a few days too I think. Xbox fanboys had to look at memes about ugly ass halo and delays for weeks.

I have zero interest in an Xbox, but maybe they’ll put Bethesda back on track away from shit like fallout 76. A new Obsidian Fallout has to be a lock, only took 7.5 billion dollars. It’s not all bad.

Knightime_X

I guess you already forgot about the extreme relentless attack sony had on MS.
MS is now returning fire and sony fans apparently can't take what they dish out.

It's about time MS takes Sony to suplex city and then clap those cheeks while doing it.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
If it ever gets too much Sony family, just go re-read this thread:

Just make sure you stop before 9̶/̶2̶1̶ 9/16.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Jim Ryan done Sony Gaf dirty with the We believe in Generations thing. Got them all jazzed up about how Spider man and Horzion 2 couldn’t be done on current gen hardware...

I could feel the ground shake when all there Jaws dropped after the Ps5 presser. 4-5 years of cross gen content.... Even MS wouldn’t go that far.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
You're the one having the little meltdown mate, trying to paint this forum as neutral but as now being overrun with xbox fanboys lol.

As the SJWs like to say, "your ass is showing".

If you're gonna act two-faced, at least space your posts a bit further apart:

The answer is because the majority of this forum won't own an Xbox console or gaming PC that can play them so they're trying to will PS5 versions into existence.

Try as you might, you have no insight into my emotional state. Good try with the GameFAQs-tier argument.

This thread is depressing. OP wants people to beat swords into plowshares and idiots like yourself insist you are justified in your screeching, and then you call others fanboys.

Console wars never change.

H-heh heh OP was wrong about insults r-right guys? H-heh Sony ponies deserve it r-right? Let's ape antisemetic catchphrases heh heh that'll show the Sony ponies

papenwors-profile_image-2a5c1e4f09ba16b0-300x300.jpeg

'H-heh heh, I'm just on the sidelines bro's watchin' from the bleachers, heh h-heh, I don't have a dog in this fight even though I'm the biggest poster in this thread, I'm not shit-stirrin', honest!'

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
papenwors-profile_image-2a5c1e4f09ba16b0-300x300.jpeg

'H-heh heh, I'm just on the sidelines bro's watchin' from the bleachers, heh h-heh, I don't have a dog in this fight even though I'm the biggest poster in this thread, I'm not shit-stirrin', honest!'
My post history speaks for itself, as does yours.

Thankfully you rely on the ignorance of others to be taken seriously. I'm glad my biggest threat is someone who is too lazy to use the search function.

Keep up with the insults and disparaging remarks. Masks are off. Best 🍯 I've seen in awhile, and under the most innocent of premises.

MrFunSocks

Banned
If you're gonna act two-faced, at least space your posts a bit further apart:

Try as you might, you have no insight into my emotional state. Good try with the GameFAQs-tier argument.

This thread is depressing. OP wants people to beat swords into plowshares and idiots like yourself insist you are justified in your screeching, and then you call others fanboys.

Console wars never change.
Nothing two faced about what I said. I'm not trying to pretend this forum is unbiased, because it's not. That's you.

I'm not "screeching", I'm laughing at how upset all you sony boys are getting. It's hilarious. With every post you're getting more and more unhinged, showing how upset you're getting over something that you claim doesn't bother you.

My post history speaks for itself, as does yours.

Oh you mean your post history that you've hidden? lol

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
I think we need to call a peace treaty on this.

As a member of the PC Master Race obviously I'll be happy to chair this treaty and we can iron out the details for you low frame rate peasents who just got SSDs....... Sorry eh that wasn't nice of me :messenger_neutral:

So who's up for a peace treaty :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

_SAKY_

Here's my take on this generation and the problem I've got with the treatment different companies get by the press, you tubers and fanboys across agenda pushing forums like Reset Era or this one

I have been a PC only gamer since I built a gaming PC right when the 8th generation of consoles started. I really got back into gaming this gen after leaving the hobby for like 7 years. This generation right from the start, the press was set to destroy big bad monopolistic Microsoft since their Xbox one reveal. I get that Kinect was a clusterfuck, but the always online checks? We are 99% of the time online now. Sharing games? We are more digital than ever now. And guess what, you can share digital games with xbox as well. But that stupid video from Sony got viral, because that's the narrative the press and fanboys wanted to push.

Then I saw how the xbox one got flak for running games at a slightly lower resolution (typically 900p vs 1080p) the gaming press and the fanboys made this incredibly small gap feel as if it were an ocean of performance. Curious why this was never a thing again once the Xbox one X released. Oh and btw Sony, those "Dynamic 4k" ads for the PS4 Pro on the Champions League? That's false advertising.

Something started to caught my attention, when it came to new releases. There wasn't much talk about MS , but everything Sony did was seen as the second coming. Mediocre games like Uncharted 4 were given really high scores in Metacritic just for being released by one of Sony's top studios. Sony fans will later recognize that is the weakest Uncharted series ever. For comparison, Rise of the Tomb Raider was given lower scores in spite the fact that you could do much more in the game and the gameplay was more fluid and better paced

Even acknowledging that MS First party output was a mixed bag this generation...Do you have any shadow of doubt that if games like Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive were released as Playstation exclusives, they would have 10 to 15 extra points by press outlets? Its all about keeping your largest audience happy, dont tell them something they dont want to hear. Tell them what they want to hear: Sony good, MS, Nintendo and PC gaming bad.

FFs just compare Killer Instinct to the clusterfuck that was SFV (Sony console exclusive) I was there at launch with a copy of SFV on PC trying to install the damn thing, to this day is one of the most barebones fighting games ever. Completely inexcusable. At least KI was free to play, and you could buy the full version afterwards. And down the line got an awesome single player extra mode, Lords of Shadow. Compare to that terrible excuse for a Story mode from SFV.

Then we got the concern trolling (a recurring theme by the press/you tubers/fanboys when it came to the Xbox and MS) due to their decision to release their games on PC. Will MS become third party? Is Xbox dead? Why do I need an xbox? Seems that everyone all of a sudden had a spare gaming PC alongside their PS4.
BTW remember all the flak MS got for a couple of months of timed exclusivity with Rise of the Tomb Raider? Sony does it all the time, FFVII Remake, Nier Automata, Nioh and more. But is never called for it.

Then we got the constant downplay of Xbox releases when it came to the Goty awards: Truly great games with lots of replay values and big communities like the Forza Horizon games could never be considered for Goty because they are racing games. It seems you have to be a cinematic third person game with an "emotional" story to be elegible to Goty awards. Give me gameplay oriented games any day.

Also the constant downplay of innovative games like Sea of Thieves just because they are online experiences. The press shills must learn that Games as a Service like Sea of Thieves can have as much value and prestige as Single Player story based games. Not everyone is interested in Single player one and dones where moving the analog stick up and watching cutscenes is half of the gameplay

And then the fanboys... truly the worst fanboys in all gaming. Nintendo fanboys are passionate about their games, xbox fans got flak all this generation and the PC gaming community is by far the best and most collaborative. Never got the PCMR stereotype. PC gaming is for everyone, from Intel HD graphics to 4 way SLI 3080s

But Sony fanboys (of course talking just about fanboys here) they really believe they are the bees knees. Smug and arrogant. These folks truly believe that all third party devs owe Sony and should not release their games in other platforms: remember the meltdown when Square and Capcom DARED to release FFXIII and DMC 4 on the xbox?

I believe this sense of entitlement comes from the PS1 and PS2 when they monopolized the console market thanks to piracy (how do you believe that Sony got its "global" appeal?) Chinese style dumping to get Sega and Nintendo out of the console market it was.

Bunch of hypocrites they label PC gamers as pirates when Playstation is what it is thanks to piracy. All those shills in the press in their 30s and 40s grew up with their modded PS1 and PS2 and a tower of CD-R - DVD-R. Cheap folks that champion the used games market so that they keep buying and selling games without giving money to the devs. At least PC gamers buying games on Steam sales give money to the devs.

At the end of the day its about being critical when companies do things wrong give them a pat on the back when right. But if you really like this hobby as a whole its important to be FAIR. Not everything done on MS, PC or Nintendo is bad and everything done on Sony's camp is the second coming of christ: Their games are polished but safe, their regional pricing policy is non existent. PS Now is an utter failure. The PS4 and PS4 Pro sounded like jet engines when pushed, and Sony's stance on backwards compatibility is an embarrassment.

NOT A SINGLE F'N LIE OR MISREPRESETATION HERE. NOT ONE.

Batiman

Banned

Great post.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Nothing two faced about what I said. I'm not trying to pretend this forum is unbiased, because it's not. That's you.

I'm not "screeching", I'm laughing at how upset all you sony boys are getting. It's hilarious. With every post you're getting more and more unhinged, showing how upset you're getting over something that you claim doesn't bother you.
Insulting people and then laughing when they react to you is about as much as I've come to expect from folks like you. Thanks for yet another rich contribution to the culture of GAF. I'll scrape you off my boot in the morning.

oagboghi2

Er you were the one that started it buddy.
Did I?

Or is your rampant xbox fanboyism that has been on this board for months. Posters like you are why I despise posting about next gen. Every thread turns into console war. It even creeps into Switch threads

And now you want to cry and pretend you are a victim because of fucking memes? 😂

No, please don't ask the fan boys to put a pin in it. It's more fun to watch all the manchildren cry over which of their plastic toys are better.

Stuart360

Did I?

Or is your rampant xbox fanboyism that has been on this board for months. Posters like you are why I despise posting about next gen. Every thread turns into console war. It even creeps into Switch threads

And now you want to cry and pretend you are a victim because of fucking memes? 😂
lol not from me, i dont start console warz, i dont even own a console. I defend Xbox because i'm a Xbox fan and their games come to PC. I'm just sick of the relentless trolling, get it?. I mean your post history shows you cant understand what i'm saying, but try to.

oagboghi2

lol not from me, i dont start console warz, i dont even own a console. I defend Xbox because i'm a Xbox fan and their games come to PC. I'm just sick of the relentless trolling, get it?. I mean your post history shows you cant understand what i'm saying, but try to.
Oh right you don't own a console. You are just in every xbox thread stanning for MS, arguing against Sony bots over teraflops, SSDs or what the fuck ever for 9 months.
Right, sure okay dude.

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.

regarding past months, it is well deserved.
maybe you can use your SSD and avoid comments that are hurting your feelings.

MiguelItUp

As someone that's always stood in the middle, I feel like fanboys on both sides just need to chill. I don't understand why everything has to be a dick measuring contest. Who cares about specs? They're damn consoles. Go to the one you prefer and enjoy most, play games, and enjoy yourself. Then let's all enjoy games together and talk about it.

If you care about specs and strength so much just build a PC already, lmao.

oagboghi2

I'm praying that at some point people get over this news, so we can talk about the implications of the console platform owners now openly buying major publishers and carving up the industry like a boar.

Maybe the adults can talk about this in 6 months

Last edited:

Stuart360

Oh right you don't own a console. You are just in every xbox thread stanning for MS, arguing against Sony bots over teraflops, SSDs or what the fuck ever for 9 months.
Right, sure okay dude
What?, i often say PS5 is a great console, i even literally told someone in another thread to buy a PS4 when they were asking what to buy a Switch or PS4 lol. I dont even post in the 'Nect Gen Specualtion' thread where all that talk happens.
Get some glasses. The only fanboying you will see from me is defending Microsoft. If you can find a post from me where i have gone into a Playstation thread and console warred, please post it.

CitizenX

Banned
kiddie warring about Corp who dont give 2 fcks about you, except your money, and a box that plays games is the definition of loser.

carlosrox

Banned
From what I've seen MS fans have never been as annoying as PS (and PC) fanboys. They're the only two that ever go on as if they're some kind of master race in gaming.

PS fanboys deserve all the shit they're getting. All the shit people gave MS with the idiotic "Craig" memes were annoying the fucking day I saw them.

Tough shit.

Stuart360

From what I've seen MS fans have never been as annoying as PS (and PC) fanboys. They're the only two that ever go on as if they're some kind of master race in gaming.

PS fanboys deserve all the shit they're getting. All the shit people gave MS with the idiotic "Craig" memes were annoying the fucking day I saw them.

Tough shit.
Not all PC gamers are master racers, in fact many on here are not.

oagboghi2

What?, i often say PS5 is a great console, i even literally told someone in another thread to buy a PS4 when they were asking what to buy a Switch or PS4 lol. I dont even post in the 'Nect Gen Specualtion' thread where all that talk happens.
Get some glasses. The only fanboying you will see from me is defending Microsoft. If you can find a post from me where i have gone into a Playstation thread and console warred, please post it.
There it is. I don't care if you recommended someone a PS4. Am I supposed to be impressed?

I am not telling you how to post. I'm just calling bullshit on you acting like a victim of anything. You and many other posters "defend" their console of choice in multiple threads, all the time like it's religion

Stuart360

There it is. I don't care if you recommended someone a PS4. Am I supposed to be impressed?

I am not telling you how to post. I'm just calling bullshit on you acting like a victim of anything. You and many other posters "defend" their console of choice in multiple threads, all the time like it's religion
Its not my console of choice, i havent owned a console since PS3 and 360, in fact The Last of Us was the last ever console game i played, i didnt even play Halo 4 lol. I'm a Microsoft 'fan' because their games come to PC, and sometimes you would like to go into a Xbox thread and discuss stuff without running into 8 year old memes, drive by's, concern trolling, Craig as a reply to half the posts.
It gets tiring, you get it?.

Last edited:
Top Bottom