• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intervention: Microsoft GAF, you're out of control

PresetError

Neophyte
I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Nobody (except Xbox fans) thought it was out of control when the boot was on the other foot.

Suck it up.
Oh the irony. Welcome to the last 7 years on here for Xbox fans.
"Wow Xbox fans need to dial down the retribution".

"Yeah but you treated us bad".

akwardpuppet.jpg

Do ya think that the persecution complex for 7+ years needs to go, too, or do Xbox fans get to cling to it while also bragging about every headline? In my eyes, that makes you a fanboy.

This is a joke, right? It has been ebbs and flows from both sides this year. Xbox finally has some good news and the current narrative has shifted. I just sit back and watch the show put on by both sides. It’s hilarious to see adults acting like 10 year olds. This happens every new generation. Nintendo vs Sega was way more vicious back in the day.

PresetError

Neophyte
Nobody (except Xbox fans) thought it was out of control when the boot was on the other foot.

Suck it up.

I'm relatively new to GAF but if you were also wronged in the past that doesn't make what going on now ok. I've seen moderators give warnings for fairly mild provocations (including an unfortunate post of mine) but suddenly they are allowing everything. I don't get it.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Honestly, you can't have it both ways. I don't think any of this shit is funny from either camp and the Sony fans are just as bad. Hoping everyone calms down, but until some of the holiday games come out we're likely to only get more of this platform warring tripe. This thread did nothing but add tinder to the fire.

Last edited:

Stuart360

"Wow Xbox fans need to dial down the retribution".

"Yeah but you treated us bad".

akwardpuppet.jpg

Do ya think that the persecution complex for 7+ years needs to go, too, or do Xbox fans get to cling to it while also bragging about every headline? In my eyes, that makes you a fanboy.
Hey i dont even own a console and i have to sludge through drive by after drive by, concern trolling, 'xbot', in every freaking thread, and i'm so god damn sick of it. I'm surprised their are even Xbox fanboys on here anymore.
Its lik i have said many times on here, you would never think it was PS4 that won the gen at a canter, if you didnt know and just read this forum. The Xbox trolling is endless, in fact i think some of you do it so much that its just common nature now and dont even realize it, hense ridiculous threads like this.

If you give it out, expect to get it back off people.
It is nice to see you lot squirm for a bit though.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
XhZKJm7.png

poodaddy

I hate fanboys on both sides of the aisles, and hell even Nintendo fan boys, fuck em all. That being said, that's the environment that's been cultivated on this forum and REEEE due to moderation taking it easy on Sony guys trolling Xbox fans for years. If that stuff wasn't nipped in the bud before, then why should it be now? We're in the same hot tub we've been in for almost a decade now brother, it's just that the jets are blowing in a different direction and it feels weird. Just try to ignore it and find a way to get your dick as close as possible to the jets, it'll keep you distracted from who you're in the tub with.

Last edited:

Herr Edgy

I'm relatively new to GAF but if you were also wronged in the past that doesn't make what going on now ok. I've seen moderators give warnings for fairly mild provocations (including an unfortunate post of mine) but suddenly they are allowing everything. I don't get it.
I've kinda checked out from gaming GAF when next gen hype started, bunch of kids that make you want to disassociate from gaming. All I can say is that I can understand Microsoft GAF and it's more entertaining for me when it's less one-sided. Let them have fun for a while, but don't try to get any kind of good discussion in current times.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, it's fucking insane in here lately. As a PlayStation fan it's getting pretty unbearable. Not having fun here right now.

TBH, i havent seen much gloating. Sony fans, myself included, were the ones out of control after Craig.

You REALLY haven't? Every other thread is Xbox fans gloating over this and laughing at PS fans. Really.

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I don't have a problem with memeing. Meme all you want. If it's funny i'll laugh. But that's not what I'm reading. Just read the replies on this thread. It's way too personal.
Xbox fans can't take this personally here, you'd leave in a day. But they can appreciate irony.

Banned
I know it's been a hard gen for you and you're hungry for retribution against Sony but reading GAF since the Bethesda acquisition anouncement is unbearable. Almost all the threads, related to Sony or not, are full of console warring cranked up to the max, unprovoked attacks, constant references to Sony fans and, in general, a very toxic atmosphere.

So go on, mock me and insult me for saying it, but also think about it because it's out of control and moderators apparently don't think so.

BREAKING NEWS:
Are Sony fanboys the real snowflakes?
Resetera got some new and very strong competition for their spot ontop of the snowflake charts. more at 11!

for real tho... are you new to this site? the last couple of months has been a literal Sony circle jerk.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Fanboys of all consoles are out of control, and they've been for a while.

As someone who is primarily a PC gamer but purchases all platforms, I'm partly amused and partly nauseated by seeing people putting so much energy into cheering for taking as much as possible away from other gamers who simply happen to be playing on a different piece of plastic. 🤔

And one would think people who share a hobby would want as many people as possible to enjoy the games and content they love. 🤔 I'm sure there are a few who still have a working brain who feel like this. Luckily, my other hobbies aren't as full of toxic arsehats.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned

065.gif

BWIGGS

Neo Member
I am MR PlayStation but I say let em have their moment. Its been a real kick in the sack for them the last 7 years and the Bethesda get was absolutely monster!

Besides we all know not one Xbox game in the next 10 years will match the insanely polished quality of Sony Studios titles. That's just a fact until they prove us wrong.

Celebrate away gents! I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima nightly :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ACESHIGH

Banned
My god Sony fanboys truly are sociopaths. Don't you realize how unbearable you have been all these 7 years?

Sony is never to blame for anything, they have the press under their thumb and then the taliban fanboys in forums such as this and reset era do the rest.

I am a pc only gamer and without a shadow of doubt Sony fanboys are the worst.
And Sony must eat some humble pie next gen.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, it's fucking insane in here lately. As a PlayStation fan it's getting pretty unbearable. Not having fun here right now.

You REALLY haven't? Every other thread is Xbox fans gloating over this and laughing at PS fans. Really.
you might be confusing Sony fans laughing at Sony.

The spiderman miles thread is full of Sony fans absolutely dejected by the current state of sony, but i havent seen the forum on fire like it was after the xsx reveal.

Top Bottom