• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel’s Raptor Lake Refresh Desktop CPUs Expected to Arrive in August 2023

winjer

Gold Member

Intel’s Raptor Lake Refresh desktop CPUs are expected to be released in August 2023, according to a recently published roadmap. The processors will still be baked on the Intel 7 process and will be compatible with existing LGA1700 motherboards.

The Raptor Lake Refresh processors are expected to be released in the last quarter of 2023. The Raptor Lake Refresh processors are expected to be released in the last quarter of 2023. However, a well-known Twitter user, @wxnod, seems to know the release will be in August. Small optimizations will probably be applied, like a higher clock speed. According to rumors, the Intel Raptor Lake Refresh CPUs will still use the ‘Intel 7’ process node and will adopt little optimizations such as faster clocks while being compatible with the existing LGA 1700/1800 motherboards. The lineup will include all consumer and entry-workstation platforms with 35W, 65W, and 125W SKUs.

Raptor lake refresh this summer and Arrow Lake next year. And Meteor lake is gone.
Zen4 is also expected for 2024.

This means that there won't be any relevant changes in CPU performance, until 2024. So if someone plans on upgrading soon, just go for 13th Gen or Zen4, as these are going to be top dogs for a while.

Don't give a shit if it's still going to suck up to 500W, require a contact frame to fix Intel's mounting bracket, and needs an AIO/water loop to cool it.

This is just so Intel can reclaim fastest gaming CPU title. We don't need faster CPUs. We need ones that don't use insane power and shit out a fuck load of hot air.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Don't give a shit if it's still going to suck up to 500W, require a contact frame to fix Intel's mounting bracket, and needs an AIO/water loop to cool it.

This is just so Intel can reclaim fastest gaming CPU title. We don't need faster CPUs. We need ones that don't use insane power and shit out a fuck load of hot air.

Considering that this refresh is supposed to still use Intel7, which is a step node of Intel10, don't expect much change in power efficiency.
With Intel promising higher clock speeds, it's probably going to use even more power.

Considering that this refresh is supposed to still use Intel7, which is a step node of Intel10, don't expect much change in power efficiency.
With Intel promising higher clock speeds, it's probably going to use even more power.
yeah that's what i was getting at. it's just going to be the same thing really. i guess we need to wait for Arrow lake to hopefully see any improvements in efficiency/heat output.

i have an intel CPU so not being a pissy fanboy lol. i wanted to get a 13900K but i can't justify it.

Tarin02543

my 12100F with contactframe will serve me well for the following five years, I'll buy a second hand RL refresh for a good price

RagnarokIV

Nice, I'll be sticking with my 13600K then.

my 12100F with contactframe will serve me well for the following five years, I'll buy a second hand RL refresh for a good price

TLDR quick explanation on what contractframe is? Haven't heard this before.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Disappointing to hear that meteor lake is cancelled. These new cpus sound like a nightmare to cool.

Danknugz

since you threw in zen 4 i'd like to add this fascinating story i found the other day about the latest amd GPUs

WBGMnox.png

Last edited:

Tarin02543

Nice, I'll be sticking with my 13600K then.

TLDR quick explanation on what contractframe is? Haven't heard this before.

cpu locking mechanism on alderlake and raptorlake motherboards is badly designed which results in cpu lids that bend over time resulting in bad contact with heatsink and bad performance due to thermal throtteling. The contact frame is a cheap aliexpress aluminium frame to exactly matches the cpu dimensions and mitigates the bending issues.

Sorry, that wasn't TLDR

Top Bottom