• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MSI leak: Intel's 14th Gen is around 3% faster than 13th Gen.

hlm666

On the bright side if they ever get off 10nm that gen should make things more competitive, i'm just not sure if i'll still be alive.

Buggy Loop

On the bright side if they ever get off 10nm that gen should make things more competitive, i'm just not sure if i'll still be alive.

Animated GIF

Every damn gen I expect the foundry unlock and I get disappointed

Danknugz

If you're just a gamer power consumption is not a problem what so ever. I rarely crack 60C gaming on a 13900k on a 360 AIO.
same, idle temps around 30-40c and usage temps 60-70c. temperatures dropped dramatically when I swapped out my 240 AIO for a 360 (asus ryuijin II 360) but i think that was more how i used a different thermal paste than what came with it.

smbu2000

That's why they changed their naming scheme. Now they are on Intel 7 instead of 10nm. Next is Intel 4 (7nm) and then Intel 3 (still 7nm but with improvements) I think.

LordOfChaos

Hang on for two shakes of a dog's tail - Intel's latest CPUs are on TEN nanometers? TEN?!?!?! ONE-ZERO???!?!? I don't believe it!

For laptop, 14th gen is going to be Meteor Lake, which is Intel 4

I guess they couldn't get it clocking that high so the high end desktop parts are still a rehash of a mature node

Ironbunny

I hope that new socket doesn't require contact frames...
This snippet of specs below propably means they have fixed that issue:

"Intel is also changing the pressure required by the CPU's mounting mechanism. According to the spec sheets, the maximum necessary dynamic pressure will increase from 489.5 N to 923 N. This means that although existing coolers would technically fit just fine on an Arrow Lake CPU, a new mounting mechanism will be required that can apply that additional pressure. It seems unlikely that cooler manufacturers would bother to ship a mounting mechanism to people who own their current CPU coolers. Still, it's theoretically possible, so we'll have to wait and see how that unfolds."

Top Bottom