• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel’s new 14th Gen CPUs arrive on October 17th with the flagship i9-14900K starting at $589

Draugoth

Gold Member
14THGENDESKTOP.png

Intel is launching its 14th Gen desktop processors this week, promising boost frequencies of 6GHz out of the box for its flagship Core i9-14900K. Known as Raptor Lake Refresh, Intel is maintaining pricing for its 14th Gen Core i9, i7, and i5 processors this year, sticking to the same retail pricing as the 13th Gen when these new chips launch on October 17th.

The 6GHz boost on the new Core i9-14900K makes it the “fastest desktop processor at volume,” according to Intel, referring to its special-edition 13900KS that first broke the 6GHz barrier at stock speeds last year but didn’t ship at volume. The more interesting 14th Gen processor in this refresh could be the Core i7-14700K, though, thanks to a significant bump to its efficiency cores.

The Core i9-14900K will be priced at $589, with the Core i7-1700K priced at $409 and the Core i5-14600K launching at $319. All three processors will be available from system builders and retailers on October 17th.

eMRgv2d.png
fiZ9y2J.png

Pagusas

Elden Member
Yipes... Skipping this and stick with my 7950 for the next year then. Hopefully Arrow Lake shows real gains.. but not sure I want to be another new platform beta tester again, it hasn't been fun on AM5

Pipoqueiro

I bought the 12th generation at the beginning of the year, PC gaming really isn't easy and cheap
without any need to change, at least

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This seems so pointless. They should’ve at least named them like:

Then at least the expectations would be more in line with reality

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just an absolutely pathetic and this will showing here. Just makes it easier to continue to recommend AMD and their processors. And to think just a short time ago I was totally the opposite and pushing into even more regardless of being expensive. But Intel has fallen so far from grace and continues to ride this the same overpowered way of life just to keep the degree of parity with the competition and barely with themselves now.

I'm the last thing when it comes to fanboy of any company when it comes to these computer parts and my track record has been pretty solid with that. Or else I would have always stayed with Intel but it cannot be helped and until just continues to disappoint. You can continue to be a fanboy and champion them but I'm not that person that is so biased to stick with them. That ship sale they while ago and AMD is doing the right things when it comes to their processors.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Absolutely atrocious coming from 2 previous generations/refreshes. 6% average from the 12 to 14. Unbelievably bad IPC with staggering power draw just to get that result.

C0UmtTZ.png

Top Bottom