• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel to Unveil 13th Generation Core Raptor Lake-S September 27th, available October 20th

winjer

Gold Member

Intel's 13th Gen Core series will be released in two stages over the next two months. A leaked slide from an internal presentation says that the new series would be unveiled on September 27th at the Intel Innovation event (listed as 28th for Taiwan).

According to @wnxod's Go To Market (GTM) roadmap it also indicates that Intel would launch a preorder campaign for its flagship Core i9 series immediately, followed by the Core i7 and Core i5 series two weeks later. However, none of those CPUs will be available until October 20th, about a month after AMD's formal Ryzen 7000 series launch on September 27th. Intel will launch three Core K-series CPUs in the initial wave: the i9-13900K, i7-13700K, and i5-13600K. Non-K parts and their mobile equivalents are not mentioned in the roadmap. These should also be available next year. Regarding Z790 motherboards, the selling embargo should be lifted on the same day that all three Core series become accessible.

Intel Raptor Lake launch schedule:

• September 27th (28th Taiwan): Intel 13th Gen Core Announcement
  • September 27th (28th Taiwan): Intel i9-13900K preorders
  • October 13th: Intel i7-13700K, i5-13600K preorders
  • October 20th: availability of Core i9/i7/i5 series

This Fall is going to be hot, as AMD and Intel fight for the performance crown.

Skifi28

It feels like the 12xx cpus were released only yesterday and it can't be over a year I upgraded to an 11400. Things are really moving fast.

Last edited:

RespawnX

It feels like the 12xx cpus were released only yesterday and it can't over a year I upgraded to an11400. Things are really moving fast.
It was honestly a 11 month cycle instead of a year. So AMD got Intel into a pure reactionary mode and that's quite interesting. Of course Intel will present slightly faster CPUs with 50% more power consumption for the extra 2% fps in 1080p. Curious if they can offer anything to counter the claimed 65w effiency of AMD.

winjer

Gold Member
It was honestly a 11 month cycle instead of a year. So AMD got Intel into a pure reactionary mode and that's quite interesting. Of course Intel will present slightly faster CPUs with 50% more power consumption for the extra 2% fps in 1080p. Curious if they can offer anything to counter the claimed 65w effiency of AMD.

We already know that Intel added a PL3 mode, that runs at 350W.
I don't think Intel cares much about power efficiency. Also, they can't compete withe TSMC N5 node.

GreatnessRD

My mans Project Pat was talkin' big shit about AMD's time being over. I thoroughly enjoyed that statement from him as I love the competition between the two companies. Hopefully 13th gen brings that smoke and have Su Bae feelin' a chill up her spine. Early leaks show that this will indeed be the case. AND I'm HERE FOR IT!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Reactionary?
The 11th gen was a reaction and we all saw how that went.

AlderLake, RaptorLake, MeteorLake, ArrowLake, LunarLake and NovaLake from all we can tell are going exactly how Intel has planned (from their revised roadmap). GPUs not withstanding.
They basically want to have a new CPU gen every year.

MeteorLake is supposed to be the next big thing, just like Alderlake was compared to prior gens.
LunarLake is whats expected to have Intel finally actually trying to keep their chips reasonably cool when fully loaded.

People forget Intel used to be a Tick-Tock company till they goofed for a while and had to +++ every "gen", if they are back to doing Tick-Tock then they got this in bag.

Last edited:
Let's go. Competition is good. I expect that they will be a little more expensive. I was eyeing the 12600K for a while but it increased from 299 to 329 euro in recent months (sucks to have to pay in Euro right now). I wonder if after they release the 13600K we might see the 12600K drop below 300 again. AMD's AM5 pricing seems a bit too high if you look at it from a gamer perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom