• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum cannot run at Native 4K/60fps on NVIDIA RTX 4090, even on Low Settings (drop to 34FPS)

Justin9mm

This was normal on pc like 20 years ago. Dont plan to play the game but I liked to play game made for my future gpus. It made revisiting my game catalogue so much more fun than it is today. I miss those times.
The difference back then was that the games were usually good lol

What a surprise that nanite scales horribly the higher the resolution is hence the tsr fsr image smearing bullshit. Combine that with virtual shadow maps, nanite reflections (rt reflections?) and lumen global illumination. It’s no wonder that not even the most powerful card out right now can run this game at native 4k properly. Does this game even support virtual textures? It doesn’t seem to have that movie asset quality that remnant 2 has.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
When you buy a 5090ti to play Immortals of aveum at native 4k120fps but then realize you have to play immortals of aveum:

147.jpg
Yeah I don't want to play this game but I want more power as I can see this being a trend sadly.

Patrick S.

Banned
Modern gaming has its downside but damn we had alot of trash games 20 years ago as well. Nostalgic is hell of a drug. Imo average gaming quality is higher than it ever was.
I don't think this is entirely true.

More like, in the past you had 30 games coming out every year, and 15 of them were bomba games.

Now you have 3000 games coming out every year, and 15 of them are bomba games.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I don't think this is entirely true.

More like, in the past you had 30 games coming out every year, and 15 of them were bomba games.

Now you have 3000 games coming out every year, and 15 of them are bomba games.

So on average game quality is higher than it was in the past.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

damn... it looks atrocious on the S. there are games that run and look much much better than this one on that machine. this is simply ends not justifying the means situation at this point.

Looking like a PS3 game or honestly some hot garbage. Series S needs to go by the wayside.

yamaci17

I was accidentally watching it on my phone in 480p resolution, switched to 4k and it looked the same :messenger_tears_of_joy:
if ps5 pro becomes an actual thing, you know that developers will target 700-800p dynamic 30 fps on ps5 on ue5 games

that will become brutal for Series S. that means you will have to be content with that 400p 500p image AT 30 FPS at that point

I think UE5 needs some major overhauls. this cannot really go on. they release these games as "front runner" scape goats so that games that will actually be decent but still run badly similar to this will get a pass because of it being a "frequent occurence by then".

people dismiss how badly UE5 runs because the game is bad. but I think these are games that are stragetically released to "soften" people against the incoming unoptimized games.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

if ps5 pro becomes an actual thing, you know that developers will target 700-800p dynamic 30 fps on ps5 on ue5 games

that will become brutal for Series S. that means you will have to be content with that 400p 500p image AT 30 FPS at that point

I think UE5 needs some major overhauls. this cannot really go on. they release these games as "front runner" scape goats so that games that will actually be decent but still run badly similar to this will get a pass because of it being a "frequent occurence by then".

people dismiss how badly UE5 runs because the game is bad. but I think these are games that are stragetically released to "soften" people against the incoming unoptimized games.
UE5 is definitely out of control, these games don't look anywhere near as good as they should to justify the performance penalty.

dotnotbot

damn... it looks atrocious on the S. there are games that run and look much much better than this one on that machine. this is simply ends not justifying the means situation at this point.

Early Xbox One vibes. What's even worse than blurry look and aliasing for me is a huge amount of atrocious FSR artifacts.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
And Nvidia fanboys were hyping up all these new nvidia GPU tech everytime Nvidia announces LOL!!!!

Fbh

LOL holy shit.
While the graphics are obviously better the actual image quality reminds me of The Witcher 3 on Switch

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
People laughed at me when I said Doom Eternal looks better, and as we’re seeing runs insanely better. This game looks generic, and runs like total garbage.

I wish there was some competition among game engines instead of the Unreal monopoly.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Yo this game is straight up Lichdom Battle Mage 2

Holy shit that's almost CP2077 on XBO bad. I mean, the graphics, not the performance.

adamsapple

Holy shit that's almost CP2077 on XBO bad. I mean, the graphics, not the performance.

The performance on Series S is pretty good going by his latest video, sacrifices withstanding of course.

PS5 seems to be running at a higher average resolution compared to SX but as a result it suffers in performance pretty notably.

QYgl0J2.jpg

The performance on Series S is pretty good going by his latest video, sacrifices withstanding of course.

PS5 seems to be running at a higher average resolution compared to SX but as a result it suffers in performance pretty notably.

QYgl0J2.jpg
Ouch.

Wheres the video plse?

QYgl0J2.jpg

I'm almost always in the framerate > visuals department but this is crazy. The resolution is waaaay too low to be appealing.

adamsapple

5wTPFpJ.jpg

Series S doing a great job here lmao

What am I even looking at here lol, poop coming out of a butt ?

All the console versions seem to be running the game with some real heavy upscaling from very low resolutions. Probably looks better in motion, but in stills, the game does not look flattering at all.

What am I even looking at here lol, poop coming out of a butt ?

All the console versions seem to be running the game with some real heavy upscaling from very low resolutions. Probably looks better in motion, but in stills, the game does not look flattering at all.
That's some kind of space ship coming out from a planet in the background. You can't even see the ship on the S lol. The lights are all fucked up.

Top Bottom