• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum- Your PC isn't ready for UE5 (PC System Requirements Analysis)

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
If the game looked fun I’d be fine but basically saying my 3080 can’t do 1440p at 60fps locked on max settings minus RT is just lazy development .

They clearly didn’t know how to optimize and wanted to sound like they’re pushing visual envelopes lol. This shit doesn’t even look better than CP2077:

Hot5pur

Game looks like Godfall with magic.
Somewhat generic looking arenas where you fight bad guys. The hit impact is severely lacking, seems like you are fighting stonemen half the time.
Graphically looks nice, but not those minimum requirements nice.

Reallink

I, for one, am glad because I miss the days when high-end games forced people to upgrade their PCs. If John Carmack was working today then people would be bitching that he doesn't know to optimize a game engine because his games forced people to upgrade.

Nowadays we only see this around console generational shifts. And this shift is two years late already.

The shift will be effectively 3 years late by the time this launches.

My 4090 is more than ready.

What I'm more worried about is the quality of the game. I'll see how it launches and how well it's received before I think of buying this game.

The graphics look nice but the gameplay is a little ropey.

Last edited:

PSYGN

I never heard of the game and just looked it up. I guess I hyped myself too much with the thread title thinking my eyes would melt from the graphics.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Doesn’t look like anything that jumps out at be oh look it’s ue5.
Looks like generic shite

Astray

Gold Member
The art style isn't to my liking but the graphics look very sharp with a lot of stuff going on.

Story also seems very.. Marvel-inspired in some ways but let's wait and see.

Zathalus

thats why i game on console, i dont need to worry these "why is my powerful hardware runs game at this kind of settings?

Because i knew im gaming on a 499 dollar console, wont complain much.
But your console will be running at those kind of settings? All UE5 games at 60FPS that use Lumen and Nanite are doing to drop well under 1080p on the consoles.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Artistically I think Doom Eternal looks better, and runs like a champ.
I don't think it does, honestly, even though artistically Doom is on another level tho... Also Id Software are tech wizards with their own fined tuned engine, DE is literally the most performant game I've seen with RT that still looks great.

ynVRGA5.jpg

yeah....i don't think so
If you think consoles will run this game at even recommended PC settings, I have a bridge to sell you...

Actually, around 21% of PCs on steam have GPUs that match or exceed the requirement. 28 million PCs that can theoretically run it at 1080p. Throw in DLSS or dropping to 900p and that goes up to 36% or roughly 48 million PCs.

So I think PC should be fine. Plenty of people are likely going to complain on the Steam forums though.
And you're just considering monthly active users, not the total which is way larger.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
But your console will be running at those kind of settings? All UE5 games at 60FPS that use Lumen and Nanite are doing to drop well under 1080p on the consoles.
of course not. thats not my point here lol

PC gamers spend thousands on hardware to play games at very high settings with high frame rates.

Imagine you are used to run games at max settings and above 120 fps, and suddenly games nowadays only runs around 1080p and 60 fps, it is very hard to adjust for PC gamers.
The "expectation" is very different between PC gamers and console gamers.

Any games is going to run at lower settings on console, but in the end the console still cost 499 dollars only. The performance per dollar is worth it.
Recent games runs well and optimized on consoles.

Last edited:

Schmendrick

The game doesn't look nearly good enough for those requirements. Asset wise a game like HFW walks all over this despite not having Nanite and the particles, while many, have zero world interaction, shadow casting or similar and should not be that expensive, either. The only explanation I have would be that it's lumen which is so expensive here, as I've seen no glow in the dark objects/Enemies which would mean that lumen's RT functionality is being used to a degree.

Last edited:

Kadve

Game just looks like Doom with way more distracting particle effects to me. Te be honest i think its just poorly optimised.

Whitecrow

Banned
If you cant tell how much of an improvement this is over standard baked lighting... yes, this "doesnt even look that good".

Some enviroments may look bland, but that's art direction.
This game on UE4 would look worse.

KXVXII9X

I have a laptop, with 6gb of vram. How will not having enough vram affect proformance?

I get a low ram notice as soon as I load up Forza Horizon 5, but it still plays really well at 1440p. I wondering how often I can get away with that.
I'm wondering the same as I also have an RTX 3060 laptop with 6gb of Vram and can play games that exceed mine. (Although I often don't try to push past it if I can.)

Spyxos

Gold Member
I have a laptop, with 6gb of vram. How will not having enough vram affect proformance?

I get a low ram notice as soon as I load up Forza Horizon 5, but it still plays really well at 1440p. I wondering how often I can get away with that.
Depending on the game. It may happen that the game crashes. In another game it starts to stutter a lot and in the next one you will see very low resolution textures that take forever to load, if they load at all.

hyperbertha

This is definitely one of the best looking games out there. At least on par with demon souls, and possibly can reach forbidden west heights. But my god are the enemy designs and effects so bad.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The graphics on paper may be nice, but this game looks garbage overall. The art direction, the gameplay, the characters, the insane amount of colors and particles effects making screen so busy and the general idea behind the game- it all seems so generic and boring.

Kataploom

Gold Member
of course not. thats not my point here lol

PC gamers spend thousands on hardware to play games at very high settings with high frame rates.

Imagine you are used to run games at max settings and above 120 fps, and suddenly games nowadays only runs around 1080p and 60 fps, it is very hard to adjust for PC gamers.
The "expectation" is very different between PC gamers and console gamers.

Any games is going to run at lower settings on console, but in the end the console still cost 499 dollars only. The performance per dollar is worth it.
Recent games runs well and optimized on consoles.
I'd get your point if PC gaming wasn't so diverse, most of the people surrounding me play on PC, but not everyone has a PC able to run AAA at high framerates, most just play them at 60 or so at 1080p, and more importantly, most don't play AAA on PC but LoL and other competitive PC exclusives.

Me and some others use the PC as main "console" though, but the important thing for us particularly is not the high framerate, we want to make sure the games run at 60 fps minimum even if that means lowering graphical settings which isn't always possible on console and other perks like modding, fixing old Japanese ports BS which you can't on console, etc, etc.

People have to realize PC gaming is all about freedom as many say all the time, part of that freedom includes increasing specs for performance on demand or being able to run a game on 6+ years old PC tinkering here and there.

If anything console players don't have to worry about making choices because they have none, I wish I could lower Dark Souls resolution on my Switch to get 60 fps big no, the game will run at 1080p without any alternative. I now have to get the game on PC later so I don't p have this limit.

Last edited:

Immortals of Aveum - minimum PC requirements (1080p, 60fps)​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-9700 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 Super or AMD Radeon RX 5700XT with 8GB of VRAM.
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Disk space: 110 GB (HDD / SSD)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or later

Immortals of Aveum - recommended PC requirements (1440p, 60fps)​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-12700 / AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12 GB of VRAM or AMD Radeon RX 6800XT with 16 GB of VRAM.
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Disk space: 110 GB
You might assume that this size and scope and beauty requires some serious processing power. You would be correct. “You can see in other fantasy games where they backed off on some of the detail because it wasn’t practical,” Mark says. “We chose not to be practical. But in order to do all this we had to make the hard decision not to support older video cards and the previous generation of consoles. But there’s a hell of a lot more game to play.”

So what does this mean in practice? We wanted to build a game that can be approachable by current-gen hardware while also still giving PC enthusiasts an experience that harnesses the beauty of Unreal Engine 5.1. As a benchmark, here are our recommendations for running the game at the minimum settings we’re targeting at 1080p/60fps and at its recommended settings at 1440p/60fps. However, we’re going to continue optimizing the game all the way up to launch, so these may change. If they do, we’ll be sure to make that clear.

https://www.ea.com/games/immortals-of-aveum/immortals-of-aveum/news/ioa-unreal-5?isLocalized=true

My Radeon 9200 didn’t make the cut. I thought I had a chance of running this if I downloaded more pixel and vertex shaders from the internet.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Immortals of Aveum - recommended PC requirements (1440p, 60fps)
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-12700 / AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12 GB of VRAM or AMD Radeon RX 6800XT with 16 GB of VRAM.
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Disk space: 110 GB
X6JyA3W.gif

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
2 reasons it would "crush" my pc.
1) unoptimized piece of shit
2)bleeding edge tech that requires more power than my config can afford(i.e RT/PT@4k/60+)

Kataploom

Gold Member
New gameplay trailer was just posted. It looks graphically complex in my opinion, those saying Doom Eternal looks more visually complex just admit "art >>> tech", which I agree 100%!

Denton

This game is gonna flop. Which is a bit of shame since I like when studios make new IPs, but this one in particular just looks so fucking bland.

"Lucium elite battlemages, order of Magni called Immortals must stop Rasharn's Sandrakk and prevent Aveum from Oblivion"

Jesus fucking christ what a generic word salad

the game's genericness reminds me of that scifi soulslike from few years back, somethingFall....oh yeah, Godfall

Last edited:

sendit

If the game looked fun I’d be fine but basically saying my 3080 can’t do 1440p at 60fps locked on max settings minus RT is just lazy development .

They clearly didn’t know how to optimize and wanted to sound like they’re pushing visual envelopes lol. This shit doesn’t even look better than CP2077:

Strange.

Your 3080 was released in 2020.....Yet, you expect it to run every latest release at **your** accepted performance and settings?

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
This game is gonna flop. Which is a bit of shame since I like when studios make new IPs, but this one in particular just looks so fucking bland.

"Lucium elite battlemages, order of Magni called Immortals must stop Rasharn's Sandrakk and prevent Aveum from Oblivion"

Jesus fucking christ what a generic word salad

the game's genericness reminds me of that scifi soulslike from few years back, somethingFall....oh yeah, Godfall
Well it may look bland to you but so did BOTW and Ghostwire Tokyo to some others and they found their audience. Hope it's just a very personal tastes matter.

What is a big red flag for many is characters design, main character seems unappealing and the big woman with seemingly toxic masculity seem too pandering to certain audiences and many are too tired of it already.

Mr Hyde

The most offensive thing with these new gen games are the humongous file sizes. Every game nowadays are 100+ gig. Fucking Jedi Survivor clocking in at 150 gb is just 😐 4k gaming blows.

hussar16

I guess u don't understand when they mean u can't handle unreal 5.its a engine that's demanding regardless of what you think looks better or not

Top Bottom