• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum cannot run at Native 4K/60fps on NVIDIA RTX 4090, even on Low Settings (drop to 34FPS)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Immortals of Aveum is a new single-player magic FPS game that is powered by Unreal Engine 5.
The game uses both Lumen and Nanite, and it for gaming at native 4K, it requires GPUs that have not been released yet. Even the mighty NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 is unable to offer 60fps at Native 4K… on LOW SETTINGS.

For our initial benchmarks, we used an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32GB of DDR5 at 6000Mhz, and NVIDIA’s Founders Edition RTX 4090. We also used Windows 10 64-bit and the GeForce 537.13 driver. Moreover, we’ve disabled the second CCD on our 7950X3D.

Immortals of Aveum does not feature any built-in benchmark tool. Thus, for our GPU benchmarks, we used the first arena area (during which Jak awakens his powers).
This area features numerous enemies and lots of particles on screen, so it can give us a pretty good idea of how the game performs during its combat sequences.

At Native 4K/Low Settings, the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 drops at 34fps during our benchmark sequence.
That’s on LOW SETTINGS. Let me repeat that. LOW SETTINGS. This is an inexcusable performance for a game that looks the way Immortals of Aveum does.

Seriously, when your game cannot run at Native 4K/Low Settings with 60fps on a beast of a GPU like the RTX 4090, you know that you have majorly f’ed things up.

ImmortalsOfAveum-Win64-Shipping_2023_08_23_21_20_31_880.jpg
ImmortalsOfAveum-Win64-Shipping_2023_08_23_21_20_19_749.jpg

Performance is all over the place on both AMD’s and NVIDIA’s hardware. For instance, at Native 1080p/Ultra, the only GPUs that can offer constant 60fps are the AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX and the NVIDIA RTX4090.
The NVIDIA RTX 3080 runs the game with a minimum of 40fps and an average of 46fps. At 1080p. Ouch.

Fail Just For Laughs GIF
Kyle Mooney Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live
Harvey Milk Lgbt GIF by GIPHY News

Lumen and Nanite are resource heavy. goodness getting fortnite to run at max settings with both of them on is tough. Just use DLSS.. I mean you don't complain about poor native performance on the path-tracing mode in Cyberpunk do you?

If you want the fancy sparkles, gotta use the AI cores in your GPU. You know the physical cores. That you paid for. That are specifically designed to help render heavy loads like this.

T4keD0wN

unreal engine5 will force a lot of people to upgrade
Doubt it, it will likely force companies like this one out of business or get bought by Embracer if they dont get their shit together and limit their audience to time travelers as hardware that will acceptably run this does not exist yet.
This game having 751 peak playercount on release proves that.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Yeah do not blame the GPU ( which the OP didn't )

it's very clear that lots of devs these days do not know how to program efficiently.

Honestly its not even that good-looking. UE5 or 2 who cares. it's not that good-looking. just major fuck ups from devs.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
It's heavy, but not THAT heavy. This is what we should get for that framerate (this use Nanite & Lumen):

Desktop_Screenshot_2023.07.02_-_18.42.19.62.png
Desktop_Screenshot_2023.07.02_-_18.51.58.83.png
Desktop_Screenshot_2023.07.02_-_18.51.26.75.png
Desktop_Screenshot_2023.07.02_-_18.43.10.65.png
Desktop_Screenshot_2023.07.02_-_18.42.42.25.png

Immortals of Aveum look like shit.
i feel it is not right that ue5 has no competition , i believe performances will tank further in the future for games that use this engine

And some people on here were laughing at some of us because we were asking for a PS5 Pro console... Even a fricking 4090 can't hold 60fps at native 4k without using DLSS3.

Last edited:

Bojji

I'm playing Fort Solis now and this game doesn't look that much better than deliver us the moon (ue4 game) but it's quite fucking heavy (just like immortals). For example lumen creates tons of artifacts in closed spaces, this game doesn't even need this tech (lumen is great for open world games with dynamic TOD). Devs doesn't know what they are doing with UE5 at the moment or engine is just now ready.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'll wait till Lords of the Fallen releases before putting the blame entirely on Epic shoulders since that one is UE5.2 as well. But yeah, things aren't looking good with this first wave of UE 5.x games, yikes!
It's a bit hard to gauge considering that in general there have been a lot of bad UE4 ports like Jedi Survivor, but UE5 titles are on a whole nother level of unoptimized. Running at 34fps on a 4090 low settings, that's not something that happened in Jedi Survivor.

HL3.exe

I'm fine with new games being hardware demanding. I came from the Crysis (2007) generation, I know the pain.

But with such steep requirements, and not really seeing the big leap (unlike Crysis) is souring me a bit. I'm aware of the Lumen/Nanites tech, but it's not really visually apparent while playing. Fancy unlimited polygon and bounce lighting is not the same as impressive physics and world interactivity. So personally, it doesn't feel worth the resource hog. :/

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I'm not see 2060S or 2070S... Console version may be worst than 1440p.

The 3060 is there. Consoles should be around that performance. Better yet, the 7600 is also there.
Also consider that this is without any upscaling. And that this is using Very High settings.
Consoles will probably use lower quality settings and run at ~1080p with TSR.

performance-1920-1080.png

Last edited:

TrebleShot

They set out to make the new Crysis except crysis was actually a decent game and looked a level above other games at the time, they forgot that part.

With heavy use of FSR2 yes and not at 4k. If you use DLSS 3 on the 4090 it will run it at 120fps+ and 90 ish with DLSS 2 at 4k.
I’m playing it on PC and 4090 , no it don’t

Top Bottom