• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immortals of Aveum- Your PC isn't ready for UE5 (PC System Requirements Analysis)

Spyxos

Gold Member

Immortals of Aveum - minimum PC requirements (1080p, 60fps)​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-9700 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 Super or AMD Radeon RX 5700XT with 8GB of VRAM.
  • RAM: 16GB
  • Disk space: 110 GB (HDD / SSD)
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or later

Immortals of Aveum - recommended PC requirements (1440p, 60fps)​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-12700 / AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12 GB of VRAM or AMD Radeon RX 6800XT with 16 GB of VRAM.
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • Disk space: 110 GB
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit or later
You might assume that this size and scope and beauty requires some serious processing power. You would be correct. “You can see in other fantasy games where they backed off on some of the detail because it wasn’t practical,” Mark says. “We chose not to be practical. But in order to do all this we had to make the hard decision not to support older video cards and the previous generation of consoles. But there’s a hell of a lot more game to play.”

So what does this mean in practice? We wanted to build a game that can be approachable by current-gen hardware while also still giving PC enthusiasts an experience that harnesses the beauty of Unreal Engine 5.1. As a benchmark, here are our recommendations for running the game at the minimum settings we’re targeting at 1080p/60fps and at its recommended settings at 1440p/60fps. However, we’re going to continue optimizing the game all the way up to launch, so these may change. If they do, we’ll be sure to make that clear.

https://www.ea.com/games/immortals-of-aveum/immortals-of-aveum/news/ioa-unreal-5?isLocalized=true

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm actually more interested on seeing how the consoles are gonna run it.

If it's not an unoptimized mess on PC, it will show if console players are gonna be able to accept sub 1440p native for quality mode from now on... Tho A Plague Tale Requiem must be already telling something.

T4keD0wN

i7-12700 for 60fps at medium-high
Yeah, my rig is 💀

And thats just for 60fps, which is not a playable territory for a first person shooter imo. If 12700 gets you just 60 i wonder if even 13900k can get you to an acceptable framerate. Frame generation sounds pretty much mandatory for this game.

Scale sounds pretty impressive based on the blog post, but i dont know if i believe it after hearing similar claims been made in the past.

From their blogpost:
And if upgraded graphics cards or consoles come out with more memory, it’ll be much more straightforward to recompile the game to take advantage of the new power.
Is this a hint or what?

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'm actually more interested on seeing how the consoles are gonna run it.

If it's not an unoptimized mess on PC, it will show if console players are gonna be able to accept sub 1440p native for quality mode from now on... Tho A Plague Tale Requiem must be already telling something.
Upscaled 1080p 30/60 fps on consoles? 1440p 30 fps? low medium settings?

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
2080 Super for min spec?

Damn I didnt think the 2060 would get phased out that quickly this generation, but im guessing thats a VRAM requirement so atleast the 2060 Super could be minspec.

Gaiff

The required NVIDIA GPUs are quite a bit faster than the equivalent AMD ones. Consoles also seem below minimum spec but they should be able to get around that with a more streamlined and optimized feature set.

Fbh

Said it another thread but this is like diminishing returns: the videogame.

The ugly art direction doesn't help but even beyond that I'm not seeing a big enough visual leap to justify the increase in hardware requirement when you compare with something like Doom Eternal which runs at 1080/60(ish) high settings on like a 1050ti

Gaiff

Said it another thread but this is like diminishing returns: the videogame.

The ugly art direction doesn't help but even beyond that I'm not seeing a big enough visual leap to justify the increase in hardware requirement when you compare with something like Doom Eternal which runs at 1080/60(ish) high settings on like a 1050ti
Yeah the game doesn't even look good lol. Some impressive particle effects on display and a ton going but this really doesn't look like something that should bring down a 2080S to 1080p to run at 60fps.

Spyxos

Gold Member
The required NVIDIA GPUs are quite a bit faster than the equivalent AMD ones. Consoles also seem below minimum spec but they should be able to get around that with a more streamlined and optimized feature set.
He says in the video that in Fortnite, the only Unreal 5.1 game at the moment, Amd cards run better.

Last edited:

RagnarokIV

My current recent build is 13600k, 3070, 32GB and I'm already getting twitchy about this.

Just to add: PC no.2 is 5600X, 3070 and 32GB.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I hate the "tons of particle effects everywhere" thing.. the game otherwise looks drab as hell. Not seeing the UE5-ness in the game at all really. The environments aren't highly detailed and the lighting seems non-existent. Like the whole game is just underground w/ ambient light coming from who knows where. Even the above-ground stuff they showed it was like there's a perma-dark cloud overhead.

GymWolf

Just looked at some gameplay, and I’m trying to figure out why system requirements are so steep?

There’s nothing impressive looking about it.
7j0eax.jpg

Zathalus

ynVRGA5.jpg

yeah....i don't think so
Actually, around 21% of PCs on steam have GPUs that match or exceed the requirement. 28 million PCs that can theoretically run it at 1080p. Throw in DLSS or dropping to 900p and that goes up to 36% or roughly 48 million PCs.

So I think PC should be fine. Plenty of people are likely going to complain on the Steam forums though.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
Upscaled 1080p 30/60 fps on consoles? 1440p 30 fps? low medium settings?
If the game isn't specially unoptimized on PC like TLOU disatrous port, then consoles shouldn't be able to pull much more than that if that's even the case...

When people compare consoles GPU to RX 6600 or RX 6600 XT they mean actual games meassured performance... So yeah, 1080p upscaled to 1440p at 30fps with low to medium settings on consoles makes sense to me given these PC requirements.

5600x 3070..... Hello minimum requirements.
Well, 5600x is still ahead of 3700x even with two cores less, and way ahead of current consoles CPUs so I don't think it's gonna be a problem. That machine meets requirements pretty well IMO.

I'm out of the loop, I've never heard of this game until now.

It's apparently the first UE5 game to fully use both Nanite and Lumen, so the minimum spec floor is whatever the equivalent of CPU and GPU are in the PS5 and XSX. And that's to run it at console resolution and settings. Whatever these PC version settings are, they are probably higher.

It's the Crysis of our time. I used to think my 3090 would last awhile but not if they are going to make the current gen consoles equivalent hardware the absolute minimum spec required to run games now. Most PC gamers do not actually meet that spec, so this is going to be a painful transition once games start abandoning all hardware less than PS5 or XSX.

Last edited:

CamHostage

It's the Crysis of our time.

Eh, it's the Dark Sector of our time.

It's apparently the first UE5 game to fully use both Nanite and Lumen...

Fortnite is the first UE5 game to fly use both Nanite and Lumen.* It may not seem like much to some people because it still looks like Fortnite and still falls back to run on mobile or past-gen, but it's a rich implementation and overhaul of the game.

(*Actually, there are a few micro games built on the early access from start to finish, but stuff like Low Light Combat is so indie and test-basic that gamers probably shouldn't bother to count them. )

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
It's a modern Electronic Arts title.
I think I'll wait to see if the game is quality, before worrying whether or not my PC is.
Its an EA Originals Title not an Electronic Arts title.

Past EA Originals games:
  • Unravel
  • Fe
  • A Way Out
  • Rocket Arena
  • Unravel 2
  • Sea Of Solitude
  • It Takes Two
  • Lost in Random
  • Wild Hearts

If anything id say EA Originals has been a boon to the industry.
Sure not every game they have helped get published has been a blow away success, but pretty much every EAO title has been for lack of a better term Original and actually interesting with most of them getting decent reviews and gaining cult followings.

The specs might be a bit wild for this game, but im still looking forward to this simply cuz its an EAO title.....whoever is in charge of greenliting the funding has scored well more times than theyve missed in my books.

CamHostage

I guess? But it's just particle visual effects; I'm mostly not seeing particle behavior or tracking. It's just a particle emitter, spewing typical round particles assigned a chroma range based on the source, and they flow in their set path before disappearing. You're not seeing particles interact with the environment or objects.

Sure, it's a lot of particles, and particles and can still confound a rig, but I don't see much special going on here with particles that would demand a massive system or could not scale as necessary. (I also don't see what about the particle system that screams "next-gen" or defines itself by UE5. Doesn't seem to be an extreme case of Niagara use, which works in 4 or 5, and particularly not if most of the particle trajectory is pre-baked.)

I'm not an expert, but I'm not seeing the particle system hitting hard here.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I guess? But it's just particle visual effects; I'm mostly not seeing particle behavior or tracking. It's just a particle emitter, spewing typical round particles assigned a chroma range based on the source, and they flow in their set path before disappearing. You're not seeing particles interact with the environment or objects.

Sure, it's a lot of particles, and particles and can still confound a rig, but I don't see much special going on here with particles that would demand a massive system or could not scale as necessary. (I also don't see what about the particle system that screams "next-gen" or defines itself by UE5. Doesn't seem to be an extreme case of Niagara use, which works in 4 or 5, and particularly not if most of the particle trajectory is pre-baked.)
Yeah it's not really that impressive, but other than particles, i don't see why this game is so heavy to run.

Mr Moose

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 2080 Super or AMD Radeon RX 5700XT with 8GB of VRAM.
What? Isn't a 2080 Super more powerful than a 5700xt?

CamHostage

But......it looks shit?

I'm not seeing how this is the forefront of a new graphics engine at all.
It's not. It's a game, nearing release, which uses the widely-used Unreal Engine, and one of the first products to use its most recent iteration. More complex games using this version are not yet ready to ship yet.

If this was a new Gears of War or Epic original, then you could evaluate this as a vanguard move for this technology, but this is just one thing of many many many.

UE3 and a lot of other lincenseable engines had flagship games made of battle test and evolve the tech, but UE4 kind of didn't (unless you count Fortnite) and UE5 won't (unless you count Matrix Awakens and, again, Fortnite.) Stuff that's done using it just comes out.

Last edited:

SNG32

Not even worried they will be optimizing this still and diss will help I’m sure. If these are the specs for pc it looks like consoles are going to have a hard time with 60 fps and it will probably run 30 fps. I have a 3070 laptop and if I can run close to console settings we good.

Roxkis_ii

I have a laptop, with 6gb of vram. How will not having enough vram affect proformance?

I get a low ram notice as soon as I load up Forza Horizon 5, but it still plays really well at 1440p. I wondering how often I can get away with that.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Wouldn't be the first time that a studio does stupid requirements that are in the end, invalid. Sometimes it's what they have as test benches. There's no methodology behind requirements.

Hoddi

I, for one, am glad because I miss the days when high-end games forced people to upgrade their PCs. If John Carmack was working today then people would be bitching that he doesn't know to optimize a game engine because his games forced people to upgrade.

Nowadays we only see this around console generational shifts. And this shift is two years late already.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
thats why i game on console, i dont need to worry these "why is my powerful hardware runs game at this kind of settings?

Because i knew im gaming on a 499 dollar console, wont complain much.

Top Bottom