• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Best Game of All-Time : The Grand Final! (God of War 2018 wins)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
apex legends won over super metroid

hahahahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhahahahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhhhahahhh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ahhh having to live through all the youngster generations and having to deal with the cancer that is the shit taste of the youth

i love it

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Last edited:

Yoshichan

Hit me up if you ever need help letting go of the past
i thought for a sec you were about to say "hit me up on steam so i could invite you to my Ap3xXx L3gendZ game - i want to realize how good the game is, i mean it's better than super metroid

i thought for a sec you were about to say "hit me up on steam so i could invite you to my Ap3xXx L3gendZ game - i want to realize how good the game is, i mean it's better than super metroid

Yeah bro i'll show you what real gaming is all about

You'll forget about that shitty 16 bit nintendo life in no time

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
"why nobody voted for the old games ? "

blackish-crying.gif

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Not that any of these are bad games, but some of those head to head results make no sense.

Super Mario 64 out in the first round? Come on.

Old Retro

What a bullshit list. Pokemon Yellow (whatever the hell that is) beat out Street Fighter II?!? Was there an age limit to vote?

Bracket is zoomer approved and triggering to gen X. 😤

Synless

The bracket that got us to this point is nonsense. What criteria was used to pair those games against each other? Oh I know, nothing. It was purely flawed logic and throwing literal shit at the wall and picking the ones with specs on it to put on the list.

WitchHunter

Banned
Between Grand theft Auto V & God Of War (2018)

oo-poll-image-1632759575097.png

FAT3QSyUUAQbVVm

Best animal ever? VOTE! Kangaroo vs Horse. Wombat vs Meerkat. Capybara vs. Alpaca.

Vangellis

There is a lot of ridiculousness in the those brackets but Super Metroid getting beat by Apex Legends. Super Metroid defined a fucking genre and is still amazing today, in 20 years Apex will just be another derivative battle royal.

Calling the brackets "Best of all time" is such clickbait. Current popularity sure thats fine.

haveagood1

Apex Legends and Rise of the Tomb Raider beat actual, real classics Half Life 2 and Super Metroid?!?!

Fuck this shit. Stop the world. Time for me to get off.
Remember that cult Heavens Gate back in 97 when they thought a spaceship was following a comet and they all killed themselves hoping to catch a ride. I'm thinking I should have joined them.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Why don't we create our own tier list?

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy 6 (3 USA)
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 2
Half-Life
Doom (1994)
Quake
Quake 2
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Zelda: Ocerina of Time
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid 2
Halo: CE
GTA 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
GTA: SA
Half-Life 2

etc.

It would require a coordinated effort though.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 6 (3 USA)
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 2
Half-Life
Doom (1994)
Quake
Quake 2
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Half-Life 2

etc.

Lets do it! That IGN list is a fucking disaster! Apex over Super Metroid? What kind of fucking retards picked that shit?

kyliethicc

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 6 (3 USA)
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 2
Half-Life
Doom (1994)
Quake
Quake 2
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Half-Life 2

etc.

If you honestly think these are the best games ever made, seek immediate medical attention.

tommib

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Final Fantasy 6 (3 USA)
Chrono Trigger
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country 2
Half-Life
Doom (1994)
Quake
Quake 2
Mario 64
Goldeneye 007
Xenogears
Metal Gear Solid
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid 2
GTA 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Half-Life 2

etc.

No lies detected.

Alright, I'll bite. The earlier games are repetitive and had a basic combat system that didn't even have to be utilized in its fullest unless you played on the hardest difficulty.

It was a mindless hack and slash with QTE events without thought needed - even on regular difficulties in the new God of War you need to strategize and use your abilities to survive which leads to more dynamic and engaged combat.

I mean ya, you can prefer the mindless blade attacks, that's obviously valid but it's worse game design imo.
All fair points that you make, but my preference is the older games in the series. Glad you enjoyed the new one, it just wasn't for me.

NT80

Alright, I'll bite. The earlier games are repetitive and had a basic combat system that didn't even have to be utilized in its fullest unless you played on the hardest difficulty.

It was a mindless hack and slash with QTE events without thought needed - even on regular difficulties in the new God of War you need to strategize and use your abilities to survive which leads to more dynamic and engaged combat.

I mean ya, you can prefer the mindless blade attacks, that's obviously valid but it's worse game design imo.
I played GOW 2018 on hard mode and apart from the optional Valkyries I didn't think the combat was anything special. It felt like it had a lack of weapons and enemies and the bosses were forgettable.

The story felt like it was missing a lot of characters. Where are the famous gods Odin, Thor and Loki and the Giants and monsters like Fenrir? There's a lot of talking about them but there not actually there. It's just Freya and a few relatively minor gods. Some of the dungeons were pretty boring too.

It's a good game but really overhyped. There's plenty of room for improvement in the sequel.

skit_data

I played GOW 2018 on hard mode and apart from the optional Valkyries I didn't think the combat was anything special. It felt like it had a lack of weapons and enemies and the bosses were forgettable.

The story felt like it was missing a lot of characters. Where are the famous gods Odin, Thor and Loki and the Giants and monsters like Fenrir? There's a lot of talking about them but there not actually there. It's just Freya and a few relatively minor gods. Some of the dungeons were pretty boring too.

It's a good game but really overhyped. There's plenty of room for improvement in the sequel.
You sure you played the game?

Onironauta

Should not be allowed to vote if your under 30!! In most cases at least…
I'm 25 and would have voted for games like MGS, Super Metroid, OoT, SotC...But of course casuals tend to be younger and to vote for more recent mainstream stuff

Last edited:
They should rename this pole most popular games of all time not best games of all time. I'm sorry but GTA V and God of war are not the greatest games of all time. Most of the better games didn't even make it past the first bracket

Last edited:

NT80

You sure you played the game?
Yes. Good game but overrated. What puts it in the 10/10 best game of all time category? I really can't see it. Too many areas of the game fall short of that level of quality. I forgot about the Loki hint but that is another possibly really entertaining adversary missing due to this spin on it.

Last edited:

ShadowLag

IGN's "Games that are currently popular with the kids™ included in a list of lots of better games" of all time! Vote now, Fellow Kids™!

Shadow sponsored by Take Two Interactive

*Nightwing

Who ever expected a click bait website to ever have a dedicated audience with taste?

it’s an ign fan poll, it is working as intended

Topher

Gold Member
I don't buy into IGN's nonsense at all, but I do find a little satisfaction that GOW beat GTA V. Personally, Rockstar games are the most overrated of all time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom