• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Best Game of All-Time : The Grand Final! (God of War 2018 wins)

Dorohedoro

I thought it was alright but the puzzles were annoying af and I especially didn't care for the gear leveling RPG bullshit, probably would've liked it more if they scrapped the latter but I expect Ragnarok to double down on it.

REqW7Ow.gif

Haha. Why would I be salty? I'm not the one with bad taste here.

Ron Swanson Kratos Dancing GIF by PlayStation

Not personally my GOAT, that would be half life 1 or FF7, but still a really really good game.
ehh, I gave it half an hour. The atmosphere and graphics were great but the character relationships were boring, as was the combat. Color me jaded/short attention span but the great games of yore I can still sit down with for longer than that, even with my COD/Destiny/Halo addled brain, and have a good time with. Not sure if that's nostalgia or not but most of these modern 'classics' just aren't that fun to play. Call me a critic, crazy or whatever else but I honestly just don't get it. Shit, I would've ranked Diddy Kong Racing over all of their top 4.

nkarafo

I love how all the salt posts are from posters who wouldn't even care which game wins as long as its a Sony exclusive XD

nkarafo

Now people can say all they want that God of War isn't the best game or whatever, it won't change the fact that it did win (by user votes). Facts > Opinions.
So, votes are facts now? I thought they are still opinions?

And that Tomb Raider game > Halflife 2 = A fact now?

And Apex > Super Metroid as well?

Clearly, there is something wrong with your premise.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
So, votes are facts now? I thought they are still opinions?

And that Tomb Raider game > Halflife 2 = A fact now?

And Apex > Super Metroid as well?

Clearly, there is something wrong with your premise.
Votes are personal opinions, but the majority of votes that culminate in a result become a fact, doesn't it?

For instance, TLOU 2 won the most number of GOTY awards. Those votes were based on people's opinions, but now it is a literal fact that TLOU 2 won GOTY. That's not up for debate; it's not subjective anymore. It's a recorded, documeted fact now.

nkarafo

Votes are personal opinions, but the majority of votes that culminate in a result become a fact, doesn't it?

For instance, TLOU 2 won the most number of GOTY awards. Those votes were based on people's opinions, but now it is a literal fact that TLOU 2 won GOTY. That's not up for debate; it's not subjective anymore. It's a recorded, documeted fact now.
It's a fact that it won the award, yes.

Still, doesn't really make it a fact its the best game of all time. There is no such fact, it will always be an opinion that changes depending on the demographic.

GreatnessRD

No wonder the world has gone to shit. The way this list ended shows a lot of folks were smoking a ton of dope. Congrats to God of War nonetheless as it was a great game indeed.

And for those who voted The Last of Us over Metal Gear Solid 3, I hope you repent for fraudulence.

nkarafo

I love how all the salty posts are from posters, who wouldn't even care which game wins, as long as it's not a Sony exclusive.
Personally, i don't care which game wins, regardless. But some of the bracket results were funny.

Wow, I enjoyed the top two games a lot.... But the best games of all time? I doubt they will be as well regarded in 10, 20 years time.... Where as games like Ocorina of time seems to be regarded still, many many years later.

isoRhythm

Banned
Wow, I enjoyed the top two games a lot.... But the best games of all time? I doubt they will be as well regarded in 10, 20 years time.... Where as games like Ocorina of time seems to be regarded still, many many years later.
Games like Ocarina of time are regarded as amazing due to nostalgia. I'm a fairly new gamer (started late PS3 gen) and I tried ocarina of time on an emulator and really did not enjoy the game.

Games like Ocarina of time are regarded as amazing due to nostalgia. I'm a fairly new gamer (started late PS3 gen) and I tried ocarina of time on an emulator and really did not enjoy the game.
The first time I played Ocarina was when it came as a bonus disc with Windwaker on the Gamecube. I remember giving the bonus disc a go and thinking wow this game is better.

Could have aged worse since then obviously...

Top Bottom