• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Best Game of All-Time : The Grand Final! (God of War 2018 wins)

Guilty_AI

NeoGAF is allergic to multiplayer, games that don't have bleeding edge graphics, and games that don't have Netflix quality cutscenes every 10 minutes.

People jab themselves with EpiPens whenever Fortnite is mentioned here.
Look at this shit. How could anyway witness such a mug and feel anything other than dread and repulsion.

wm4mk2X.jpg

Fortnite is genuine lovecraftian horror material. Playing it is like falling into a nietzschian abyss that drags you further and further into from madness untill you're but an hollow shell that spends 100$ for a new skin, all because you've been stripped of everything that made you human and nothing else in the sphere is able to chord a single emotion from within your decaying husk.

*dabs*

Last edited:

tommib

I played a lot of classics in recent years that i've never played before - so no nostalgia glasses - and i honestly think some of them are better than stuff released nowadays.
I’m playing the Advance Castlevania Collection and they put to shame all the recent indie metroidvanias that are currently worshipped. ALL OF THEM. So many classic games just had better design and overall taste. Going back is the answer when you’re fed up of the current AAA graphically obsessed industry.

This is a bit ridiculous, but it not being Zelda or Mario does make me a bit happy. People really tried to convince themselves BOTW is better than every game ever made.

glad i aint the only one thinking it was overrated. its a good game at best but nothing more imo. still barely any voice acting? come the fuck on nintendo. you dont have to give link a voice but atleast give everyone else one!

Last edited:

nkarafo

I’m playing the Advance Castlevania Collection and they put to shame all the recent indie metroidvanias that are currently worshipped. ALL OF THEM. So many classic games just had better design and overall taste. Going back is the answer when you’re fed up of the current AAA graphically obsessed industry.
And if you go back even further and play Symphony of the Night, you will see how that puts in shame even the Advance trilogy.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
64 video games entered, and now just one remains: God of War has been voted the best video game of all time by IGN readers. Beating Grand Theft Auto V in the final, votes were gathered across various social media sites and the IGN website itself. On Twitter, 63.2 per cent of the 120,390 verdicts opted for God of War, 63 per cent of 273,000 YouTube users chose Kratos' latest game, and another 57 per cent of Instagram subscribers chose the PS4 exclusive. God of War comfortably takes the victory, then.

While that's a fantastic result for Sony Santa Monica, the polls conducted over the past few weeks haven't come without their controversy, sourced particularly from those who played games before PS2. For example, Rise of the Tomb Raider beat Half-Life 2 in the very first round. Yes, 52 per cent of votes really did choose Rise of the Tomb Raider over the classic Half-Life 2. Complete and utter madness. Then Batman: Arkham City beat out Super Mario 64, Pokémon Yellow, and Dark Souls to reach the semi-finals. It was then comfortably pushed aside by runner-up Grand Theft Auto V.

ign-goat-bracket.original.jpg

GIF by BET Awards

AJUMP23

Here are the games I think are the best of all time.

SMB 3
Mario 64
Warcraft 3
Company of Heroes
Super Metroid
SSX Tricky
Halo Combat Evolved
Bioshock
Mass Effect 1
KOTOR
A LINK TO THE PAST
Breath of the WIld
Half Life 2
Skyrim
GTA 4
Portal
TETRIS
RDR2
Uncharted 2

kyliethicc

Look at this shit. How could anyway witness such a mug and feel anything other than dread and repulsion.

wm4mk2X.jpg

Fortnite is genuine lovecraftian horror material. Playing it is like falling into a nietzschian abyss that drags you further and further into from madness untill you're but an hollow shell that spends 100$ for a new skin, all because you've been stripped of everything that made you human and nothing else in the sphere is able to chord a single emotion from within your decaying husk.

*dabs*

Even worse is what it creates in the real world.

"The Totino's Fortnite Training Room."

yurinka

I may agree to choose it as the best game of the generation (even if for me it's very difficult to choose only one), but I think that in the top of this list there should be some timeless old classic way more influential and popular and present everywhere like Tetris or Street Fighter II.

Great Hair

Banned
Cant be mad at it
wouldnt have been mine
but no arguments here
well deserved
Considering I Love Lucy GIF
breaking bad deal with it GIF
:D

Bloodborne got robbed ... again!

AGRacing

Gold Member
Fortnite.

Yeah. I said it. I kind of don't even like that it's the answer.

But it is the answer.

See Ya Goodbye GIF by GIPHY News

Last edited:

FranXico

The best game of all time truly is a tall order. I love God of War (as I loved the old ones), but I'm not sure if I would pick it for such a title.

Having said that, considering the games it was compared to, I think it earned its victory here.

Last edited:

skit_data

Ragnarok can't come soon enough.
I think Ragnarök will blow 2018 out of the water in terms of graphics, gameplay and enemy variety. It will be a better game in every way possible except one thing:

-You can’t do the ”digging up the blades of chaos” again, probably the most ”YEAH, NOW WE’RE COOKING WITH GAS AGAIN!”-moment I’ve experienced in gaming.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think Ragnarök will blow 2018 out of the water in terms of graphics, gameplay and enemy variety. It will be a better way in every way possible except one thing:

-You can’t do the ”digging up the blades of chaos” again, probably the most ”YEAH, NOW WE’RE COOKING WITH GAS AGAIN!”-moment I’ve experienced in gaming.
I think so too. I think God of War 2018 is a great foundation. Ragnarok should be great and I noticed some new combat animations that I already love 🤩

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The best game of all time truly is a tall order. I love God of War (as I loved the old ones), but I'm not sure if I would pick it for such a title.

Having said that, considering the games it was compared to, I think it earned its victory here.
For me personally with how much time I spent in World of Warcraft that alone would put it probably at the top of my list.

Nothing like those old days of running raids and getting server firsts that was a rush

skit_data

I think so too. I think God of War 2018 is a great foundation. Ragnarok should be great and I noticed some new combat animations that I already love 🤩
I think its entirely possible the story might blow our minds more than we can imagine. Atreus identity, Angerboda, Tyrs role in the story, the possibilities to make the story very very interesting are there and I hope they manage to make the landing. I have a lot of confidence in SSM though, I think it will be even better than 2018.

FranXico

For me personally with how much time I spent in World of Warcraft that alone would put it probably at the top of my list.

Nothing like those old days of running raids and getting server firsts that was a rush
It's so subjective. I think I would place Baldur's Gate I and II very high, if not at my personal top. Amazing epic story.

Top Bottom