• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If all future PS5 games were to be ported to PC within 2 years would you sell your PS5

If all future PS5 games were to be ported to PC within 2 years would you sell your PS5

• Yes I would sell my PS5 or i was planning to get one but won't anymore

Votes: 78 12.3%
  • No it doesn't bother me still will play on PS5

Votes: 450 70.9%
  • I don't have a PS5 or wasn't planning to get a PS5 anyways

Votes: 107 16.9%

• Total voters
I thought about my collection I got free from PSN Plus as well as bought. It's not massive but still large. I realised that I can get most of those games on PC for dirt cheap. Or there are games realistically I'm never gonna play anyways. So because of that I'm not letting the ecosystem hold me back from migrating to PC.
I wouldn't say it's holding me back because as I said I like physical, but Sony putting these games on PC definitely lowers its value. Psn plus games I couldn't care less about as you don't keep them like on xbox.

This gen I will play a multiplat on PC if there's a big gap between ps5 and PC.

I've always been a console gamer through and through, so yeah I'll stick to PS5 just as I did with every PS console generation. Maybe add a Series X alongside to experience Xbox games too :)

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Shit, by the time I'm able to get one at retail, I will probably have all the games for my PC. Will need direct storage in the future, me thinks for PS5 only titles taking advantage of the I/O.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
No. I couldn't afford to build a PC to do the games justice over what the PS5 offers at the moment.
Basically this. If i had infinite money sure, but ive always been a console guy for price and convenience. Also, Anyone bothered by “”their””” games getting ported to pc needs to get their priorities in check

th4tguy

I don't have a PC that can play any of these games so..... no?

I don't have a PS5 either. Do hope to get one before next summer though.

mitch1971

Jesus christ.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Will always own a beefy PC and the newest consoles.

I would love to play the newest Sony exclusives on my PC though and still play games like Hell Let Loose on my console to try and avoid as many PC hackers as possible.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Initially I thought I’d sell my Xbox and PS5 and build a PC, but on reflection I’d just keep what I have. I’m a patient gamer and I’m happy to wait until Sony’s exclusives are sub £30. I bought my PS5 for £360 and even in 7 or 8 years I’ll probably get £200 when I sell it.

Neofire

Man this poll was a set-up lol who would be a PlayStation fan and sell their(already hard to get) system to buy the same game again on PC and spend a ton of more money to do it 👀.

Come on OP lol, some games coming to PC got people going crazy in these with threads.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Yeah I'm gonna sell my PS5 and wait years for the game to release on PC, then brag about what resolution and FPS I'm getting to Playstation fans while they're playing the sequel..

Hey I thought Console gamers were the peasants🤔

MikeM

Nope. Only difference would be if these blockbusters dropped within days or a few months between PS5 and Pc, then i'd consider waiting and buy it on PC.

Years of waiting? lol hell no.

The results here are very telling.
I'm sure Sony did their research on this as well. They wouldn't risk losing those hardware sales. Yeah they lose money for a year but then it's still profit for them.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Or if you haven't got one already would you no longer want one.

This is in a scenario where we don't have to second guess a game is going to be ported where every single PS5 game is guaranteed to be ported within 2 years.

The reason I put this scenario is I think it can potentially happen in the future and would like to know the poll results for this future.

Why I think may happen in the future is because of Days Gone. That game got ported around 2 years after its initial release. Yes God of War, Uncharted, Horizon took longer to get ported. But those games now have there engines all ported so the sequels should be quicker to port. Days Gone was in Unreal so that engine was already on PC. Naughty Dog has already consulted with Nvidia and they ain't making Uncharted port which leads me to believe Last of Us 2 port will happen as well as Factions on PC. We seen the Geforce Now leak that showed Gran Turismo 7, Returnal, Demons Souls and Ratchet and Clank. Yes they taken ages to port games but once the backlog has been ported I don't expect ports to take that long especially now that they have ramped up. Back then they didn't have a PC porting plan and now they do with even Nixxes being acquired and majority of there engines on PC.
Two years is too long I think. I'd still want a PS5. If it was within 6months I would no longer want a PS5. Especially if they do multiplayer games I'm interested in.

Definitely not waiting a year for multiplayer exclusives. Single player, I might wait a year depending on how interested I am in the game.

Akuji

imagine being a person that comes up with the idea of a thread like this.

lol

i feel sorry for you all. console warzzzzzzzzz means alot to you? :(
who gives a fuck?

KAL2006

Banned
The results here are very telling.
I'm sure Sony did their research on this as well. They wouldn't risk losing those hardware sales. Yeah they lose money for a year but then it's still profit for them.

Yep very smart. I think based on comments if a 6 month time exclusive to PS5 would change the poll result quite a bit. 2 years is the perfect timing it seems, which they have already tested with Days Gone.

KAL2006

Banned
imagine being a person that comes up with the idea of a thread like this.

lol

i feel sorry for you all. console warzzzzzzzzz means alot to you? :(
who gives a fuck?

Where is the console wars in this thread. This is a gaming discussion, where we discuss games or the industry. Making a poll based on this isn't console wars it's to see speculate how the market reacts based on games no longer being exclusive.

If the OP was lol PS5 is wack who needs one, PC master race is the best. Then I'd agree with you it's a stupid thread but this thread is about polling, speculation on market trends.

Wooxsvan

nah, i prefer the ease of console gaming. i occasionally play on PC but largely prefer consoles. been trying to get a 2nd PS5 DE in fact...

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I mean... why do you need a microwave when you have an oven?

Do you need a landline phone if you have a mobile?

Why have a mini fridge when you have a fridge?

There are plenty of reasons to have two similar items, and while I could hook up my PC to my downstairs 4k television I find it much easier to just buy a console and plug that in instead.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
As a predominantly PC player who can afford to regularly upgrade his hardware, I say no. Exclusives are not the sole reason for me owning a console like a PS5. I have many friends who play on consoles and rarely ever PC, if at all. I prefer to play most multiplayer games on console thanks to rampant cheating I've experienced on PC. As for exclusives, if there is a great game I want to play I'm not down for waiting 2, 3, 5 or even 10 years to play it just so I don't buy a console. I have no idea how long it will be before I see those games come to PC and there is always the chance that a game might not ever make that jump for whatever reason. There is no way I was going to wait on Final Fantasy VII Remake to someday be on PC. Nor would I wait for the next God of War.

Fredrik

No.

Just as with Xbox Series X, my PC in my computer room is not competing with my consoles in the living room.

Might’ve done it if I would have the PC in the living room, but I don’t.

Pretty much. I got a system with a 5950x and a 3090 in it, and I just ordered another 5950x for the system I'm building with a 6900XT I scored...If PS5 games hit PC within 2 years I really don't see the point in me owning a console.

I still have the PS5(Actually two of them, one in the man cave, one in the living room) and a Series X for the wife...but it's just because ima spoiled brat, and if the games hit PC that would be even more reason for me to be called a spoiled brat lol

yazenov

Such a weird thread.

Console userbase and PC userbase don't overlap as majority are different demographic. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer that has consoles and a good gaming PC.
Sony's strategy of releasing old games to PC is more of a way to hook PC gamers into buying a Playstation if they want to play the latest sequel to their 1st party games, not the other way around. And make a hefty profit while they are at it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Well I like to play games at launch to be fair… that is why I’m used to not play old games.

Sony launching old games on PC is basically of non importance for me.

In a hypothetical scenario that games were launched simultaneously on PC and PS5 I may still to play on PS5 due convenience… consoles is really all about that.

Last edited:
I still don’t have one yet but, as long as I can port all my PS4 pro games over I’ll still get one but all new games will be bought on PC.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
So far on the poll it looks like Sony won't lose customers so probably a good strategy for Sony then
Yep, Shawn Layden said in a recent interview that Sony's plan was to entice PC players by giving them a taste of PS games hoping they'll buy into the PS ecosystem

Sony gets more profit and can make more games

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
Such a weird thread.

Console userbase and PC userbase don't overlap as majority are different demographic. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer that has consoles and a good gaming PC.
Sony's strategy of releasing old games to PC is more of a way to hook PC gamers into buying a Playstation if they want to play the latest sequel to their 1st party games, not the other way around. And make a hefty profit while they are at it.

I think there is potential overlap but I think the PC market being crazy overpriced due to miners and chip supply issues has slowed down PC gaming alot.

Yes the casual COD and FIFA players will still be gaming on consoles. But those players only buy few games a year where as the gamer who plays a ton of games that potential loss of more revenue to lose these type of gamers to PC.

But like I said PC gaming is way too expensive in this day an age but if it does ever get cheaper I think there is risk of losing some people to PC gaming or people who own both to just stick to PC only.

ethomaz

Banned
Yep, Shawn Layden said in a recent interview that Sony's plan was to entice PC players by giving them a taste of PS games hoping they'll buy into the PS ecosystem

Sony gets more profit and can make more games
Yeap it makes sense.

Release Horizon 1 on PC to bait some PC gamers to PS5 to play Horizon 2.

Release GoW on PC to bait some PC users to PS5 to play Ragnarok.

Win win.

HTK

Banned
So build a 2k or 3k PC to play 2-4 year old PlayStation games that may or may not look slightly better than the PS5 version...

Top Bottom