• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't see how anyone could give 343 a chance on Halo Infinite after Halo 5. They have made only one tolerable game in their entire existence.

And i can't believe how can anyone take this thread seriously after seeing all the nonsense stuff op posted in his post.

Halo 5 had excellent multiplayer and Halo 4 had good single player. Now with Infinite they need to nail both. So no we looking forward to Infinite, if yiu not then go play something else instead of starting nonsensical threads.

Last edited:

small_law

The one thing I'll say is that 343's leash seems a lot shorter this time around. Ever since the MCC debacle, you don't see Bonnie Ross doing interviews with Forbes or Kiki Wolfkill talking about a more emotional Master Chief story. I get the distinct impression that no one in Redmond is thrilled with how 343 has handled Microsoft's former billion-dollar franchise. It really is put up or shut up time for Bonnie Ross et al., especially considering a console launch is at stake now.

TUROK

And i can't believe how can anyone take this thread seriously after seeing all the nonsense stuff op posted in his post.

Halo 5 had excellent multiplayer and Halo 4 had good single player. Now with Infinite they need to nail both. So no we looking forward to Infinite, if yiu not then go play something else instead of starting nonsensical threads.
I kinda feel the opposite as far as Halo 4 and 5 go. Halo 4's campaign gameplay was okay to me, but the levels felt much smaller than what I'd grown accustomed to with 3, ODST, and Reach, so that hampered my enjoyment of it. Still, I admire a lot about the game. The sound design for the guns was pretty solid (I'm especially fond of the DMR in this), the art design was absolutely stellar (I'm sure this would be a point of contention since Halo 4 marked a shift from a industrial and gritty-tinged sci-fi art style to something more high tech and elaborate in its design, but I really love a lot of the stuff in it), the Halo 4 score, while pretty different from the previous games', still had some pretty epic tracks, and the actual story and the way they handled Chief and Cortana's relationship was really evocative.

And as far as Halo 5's campaign gameplay goes, I thought it was a big step up from Halo 4, containing bigger, more elaborate levels, a fair share of vehicle sections that didn't feel on-rails, and really big battles replete with tons of enemies and particles flying everywhere that just look great on an Xbox One X. Of course, I had my gripes with this one as well, such as the storyline not being all that satisfying in how it plays out, if you're playing Solo, the team AI isn't great, although I do appreciate how complex they tried to make their routines, the Kraken fight was unfortunately pretty dull, and although the very stable 60 FPS was appreciated, it felt like they sacrificed too much in graphical fidelity, giving the game a look I almost want to call cartoony.

My totally amateurish opinion is that 343 is a very talented studio that has some massive shoes to fill, but they haven't found their footing yet, and perhaps they're trying too much do their own thing yet feel like a Halo game AND please a very ardent fanbase.

My useless suggestion to these foos, take the evocative storyline from Halo 4, mix it in with the more open ended gameplay of 5, make it M rated and give the art design a bit of a gritty sheen, take a page from Modern Warfare 2019's sound design, and maybe y'all got a stew goin'.

Fuck, didn't intend to ramble on this much.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I kinda feel the opposite as far as Halo 4 and 5 go. Halo 4's campaign gameplay was okay to me, but the levels felt much smaller than what I'd grown accustomed to with 3, ODST, and Reach, so that hampered my enjoyment of it. Still, I admire a lot about the game. The sound design for the guns was pretty solid (I'm especially fond of the DMR in this), the art design was absolutely stellar (I'm sure this would be a point of contention since Halo 4 marked a shift from a industrial and gritty-tinged sci-fi art style to something more high tech and elaborate in its design, but I really love a lot of the stuff in it), the Halo 4 score, while pretty different from the previous games', still had some pretty epic tracks, and the actual story and the way they handled Chief and Cortana's relationship was really evocative.

And as far as Halo 5's campaign gameplay goes, I thought it was a big step up from Halo 4, containing bigger, more elaborate levels, a fair share of vehicle sections that didn't feel on-rails, and really big battles replete with tons of enemies and particles flying everywhere that just look great on an Xbox One X. Of course, I had my gripes with this one as well, such as the storyline not being all that satisfying in how it plays out, if you're playing Solo, the team AI isn't great, although I do appreciate how complex they tried to make their routines, the Kraken fight was unfortunately pretty dull, and although the very stable 60 FPS was appreciated, it felt like they sacrificed too much in graphical fidelity, giving the game a look I almost want to call cartoony.

My totally amateurish opinion is that 343 is a very talented studio that has some massive shoes to fill, but they haven't found their footing yet, and perhaps they're trying too much do their own thing yet feel like a Halo game AND please a very ardent fanbase.

My useless suggestion to these foos, take the evocative storyline from Halo 4, mix it in with the more open ended gameplay of 5, make it M rated and give the art design a bit of a gritty sheen, take a page from Modern Warfare 2019's sound design, and maybe y'all got a stew goin'.

Fuck, didn't intend to ramble on this much.

I agree with most of this. 4 and 5 feel like games that didnt have enough time in the oven and both suffered for that.

I super enjoyed the story of Halo 4. I liked the idea of going a bit deeper into Chief and having a centra villain but the actual design of the levels while super interesting from an art perspective failed to present that "Halo" feel. Still a lot of fun to go through and experience but it felt like a game that was trying so hard to simply not fuck up that it played it too safe from a design perspective.

5 felt like a course correction to this level design but got too ambitious in the process. The story got lost somewhere in translation during the design phase. Theres a lot of evidence to support that it was at one point an open world game or at-least hub world style game that got gutted into more traditional missions at some point. The focus on Locke is such a bazzare choice considering we have done this before in the same franchise by putting the focus on another character and it didn't work out. Why 343 went with this has to be a fascinating story on its own that I would love to hear at some point. But I digress.

The level design of 5 is better all around than 4 but it feels knee capped at times by trying to weave a story that is boring and doesn't go anywhere till the final act into it.

Infinite is hard to gauge at this point considering how little we have seen. The only thing we can really say at this point is that they have had plenty of time. This can be taken as a positive or a negative depending how you look at it but if you look at what the team has done in the past I think time was their biggest issue. I tend to lean on the side of positive with this one. I think they are aiming high and they have the budget and time to go for it. Hopefully they nail it.

iorek21

Considering 343’s track record, any excitement for Infinite is wishful thinking that *this time* they’ll get it right.

Not really different from The Coalition and Gears, nothing amazing will ever come out of it.

Microsoft should just give up on these franchises and bring new stuff to the table.

Dane

The one thing I'll say is that 343's leash seems a lot shorter this time around. Ever since the MCC debacle, you don't see Bonnie Ross doing interviews with Forbes or Kiki Wolfkill talking about a more emotional Master Chief story. I get the distinct impression that no one in Redmond is thrilled with how 343 has handled Microsoft's former billion-dollar franchise. It really is put up or shut up time for Bonnie Ross et al., especially considering a console launch is at stake now.

Considering that ever since Bungie left Activision publishing, they have been very close again with Microsoft.

Considering 343’s track record, any excitement for Infinite is wishful thinking that *this time* they’ll get it right.

Not really different from The Coalition and Gears, nothing amazing will ever come out of it.

Microsoft should just give up on these franchises and bring new stuff to the table.

You know what's weird with both studios? They always fuck up on one single thing that tarnishes the rep

343i = Best at technology and gameplay, yet can't make a worthy singe player campaign, Halo 5 MP is considered great.

The Coalition = Gears 4 had the best MP and the worst SP, Gears 5 is the reverse, and it's one of the best uses of Unreal 4, 5 Multiplayer has lots of technical issues, like people who play outside NA will have a tough time finding games even if they are on the top 40 most played on Xbox, while they can find matches easily from way lower populated games.

small_law

Considering that ever since Bungie left Activision publishing, they have been very close again with Microsoft.

You know what's weird with both studios? They always fuck up on one single thing that tarnishes the rep

343i = Best at technology and gameplay, yet can't make a worthy singe player campaign, Halo 5 MP is considered great.

The Coalition = Gears 4 had the best MP and the worst SP, Gears 5 is the reverse, and it's one of the best uses of Unreal 4, 5 Multiplayer has lots of technical issues, like people who play outside NA will have a tough time finding games even if they are on the top 40 most played on Xbox, while they can find matches easily from way lower populated games.
You are absolutely right about Bungie buddying up with Microsoft again. I'm sure Bungie was excited to get away from Activision, but life is a lot easier for studios that buddy up with big publishers. If there was ever a time for Microsoft to be amenable to a long-term partnership with Bungie, it has to be now. It would be naive to think Bungie isn't exploring that possibility.

It'll never happen, but could you imagine if Bungie partners up with Microsoft again and works on a Halo game?

Dane

You are absolutely right about Bungie buddying up with Microsoft again. I'm sure Bungie was excited to get away from Activision, but life is a lot easier for studios that buddy up with big publishers. If there was ever a time for Microsoft to be amenable to a long-term partnership with Bungie, it has to be now. It would be naive to think Bungie isn't exploring that possibility.

It'll never happen, but could you imagine if Bungie partners up with Microsoft again and works on a Halo game?

Not impossible, but an re-acquisition? Would be way more expensive than anything else they acquired except for Mojang.

Bungie left because back in the day the old Microsoft administration told them to just work on Halo, they had the right on contract to leave IIRC, made the management buyout and became independent, then made Destiny who had a history of highs and lows, but overall its a net positive.

I can only see Bungie working on a new IP, anything with Halo again would take lots of time, and likely in order to avoid conflict with 343i, it would just set guidelines for the lore.

Graciaus

If (after) Infinite flops Microsoft should move 343 to an original IP and pay Bungie whatever they want to reboot the series as an independent studio. Just one game is fine to see if they can revive the series. 343 games don't have horrible gameplay or anything. They just don't understand anything about Halo.

Wouldn't be NeoGAF without dweeby mods on a power trip.

turok be like

giphy.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
If (after) Infinite flops Microsoft should move 343 to an original IP and pay Bungie whatever they want to reboot the series as an independent studio. Just one game is fine to see if they can revive the series. 343 games don't have horrible gameplay or anything. They just don't understand anything about Halo.

343 has literally no reason to exist without Halo, and obviously Bungie today is not Bungie of 10 years ago. The name on front might be the same but we don't know if they could make a proper Halo anymore either.

Last edited:

Pidull

Halo 5 multiplayer wasn't bad by any means, I spent loads of time with it and prefer it to anything else done post-3. I will say, it still did not match the magic of Halo 2 or 3 online multiplayer, and I would really enjoy a Halo game that returns to the simpler gameplay of those entries.

Unfortunately, the campaign of 5 was utter shit. I could at least appreciate what they were trying to achieve in 4, despite the Prometheans being a complete disappointment. Halo 5 was a terrible bait-and-switch that tried too hard to lean into co-op campaign design, and fuck Spartan Locke and all those other Spartan posers. Whoever thought that it was a good idea for a random nobody to be able to wear spartan armor is a fucking idiot, it completely trashed the story because everyone knows a random schmuck would get turned into jello if they wore an exoskeleton like the spartan armor. And then he beats Chief in a dumb fucking fistfight?

Halo 5 storyline basically TLJ'd all over the Halo series. What the fuck is with companies hiring writers that are completely incapable of respecting the history of the series they're working on?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dude banned me for a facetious remark lel.

Wouldn't be NeoGAF without dweeby mods on a power trip.
It totally is never me that is wrong but the mods!
Idk mods here are far more lenient than in other places especially imageboards.

Renozokii

Three scores not a single console game got this entire generation. Why did you even enter the thread?

Damn didn't know we were gating by console generation considering one of the games you listed was FFX, a game from the ps2 era.

And you can easily replace my score with 95, 96, 97, or literally anything. That was kind of my point. It's completely arbitrary.

Damn didn't know we were gating by console generation considering one of the games you listed was FFX, a game from the ps2 era.

That was released as a remaster on current consoles, and is the MC score I was referring to. If you want to troll learn how to do it properly.

Renozokii

That was released as a remaster on current consoles, and is the MC score I was referring to. If you want to troll learn how to do it properly.

Didn't type remake, now did you? Still missing my point. You gave an arbitrary number and listed some random games hovering around that number. Review scores are entirely subjective, and pulling put random games and selectively choosing numbers makes it more subjective.

Dlacy13g

Happy to play Halo Infinite. Rather enjoyed Halo 5....OP is typical outrage post for the sake of being outrages (imo). Hell who knows... maybe Voost gets paid a little extra console warrioring bucks on the side but his "outrage" feels pretty ridiculous at this point.

Phase

Sometimes I wonder how many people currently playing Halo have actually been here since the first Halo released. My guess is a very very small number. Because if you went through and experienced its rise as well as it's fall you'd have a much clearer picture as to why, and you'd understand why there is harsh criticism of 343 and the products they've produced. Besides the idiotic outliers screaming nonsense, the hate towards 343 is, I think, warranted and not unexpected.

They took what were once additions to a game and created a formula that highlighted those additions. Then they doubled down. After Halo 4 they could have reversed course. They decided not to. I see these dumb arguments about reviewer score, etc. and they're meaningless. The only metric that should be used is it's longevity. Is the game still populated? Are there thriving communities behind it? The answer is yes, but it is not to the extent that it once was. It has fallen.

Most of the hate for current Halo comes from those who were once part of these thriving communities, who devoted countless hours to mp, to tournaments, to montage making. They made friends from it all that they still have to this day. And they have been watching that crumble for years under 343's direction. Halo was its own hobby all by itself at a point in time and it faded. It slowly died in their eyes. It's a deep love for what Halo once was that brings about this opposition and negativity you see every time a thread about Halo exists.

I, personally, don't have any faith in 343 or Halo anymore. They haven't given me any reason. It would be a miracle if they reversed course and changed their minds but all evidence points to that not happening.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder how many people currently playing Halo have actually been here since the first Halo released. My guess is a very very small number. Because if you went through and experienced its rise as well as it's fall you'd have a much clearer picture as to why, and you'd understand why there is harsh criticism of 343 and the products they've produced. Besides the idiotic outliers screaming nonsense, the hate towards 343 is, I think, warranted and not unexpected.

They took what were once additions to a game and created a formula that highlighted those additions. Then they doubled down. After Halo 4 they could have reversed course. They decided not to. I see these dumb arguments about reviewer score, etc. and they're meaningless. The only metric that should be used is it's longevity. Is the game still populated? Are there thriving communities behind it? The answer is yes, but it is not to the extent that it once was. It has fallen.

Most of the hate for current Halo comes from those who were once part of these thriving communities, who devoted countless hours to mp, to tournaments, to montage making. They made friends from it all that they still have to this day. And they have been watching that crumble for years under 343's direction. Halo was its own hobby all by itself at a point in time and it faded. It slowly died in their eyes. It's a deep love for what Halo once was that brings about this opposition and negativity you see every time a thread about Halo exists.

I, personally, don't have any faith in 343 or Halo anymore. They haven't given me any reason. It would be a miracle if they reversed course and changed their minds but all evidence points to that not happening.
Nah not really. It's obvious that Halo 4 was heavily influenced by Reach. So you might direct your anger at Bungie before you blame 343 for everything. I really enjoyed Halo 4's campaign. The multiplayer side had what was needed to be good. Unfortunately the multiplayer was sabotaged by new things like random ordnance and perks, and some highly questionable new abilities. But again Bungie started the abilities nonsense not 343. Everyone can agree that Halo 5's campaign was a big letdown but anyone that gave Halo 5's multiplayer an honest chance would have seen that it was pretty good. But things like no Dev designed BTB maps and subpar map dlc really hurt the game. There is no evidence that points to Infinite not being a good game. 343 has shown that they can do the foundation for a good halo. They just have to not add unnecessary junk that dillutes what makes Halo fun. Imo those things are simple game play with good maps. And 343 has stated that they are going to take a more traditional approach to Halo unlike Halo 4 and 5. What does the mean exactly? I have no idea but it is encouraging and a sign that Infinite could be really good.

Phase

Nah not really. It's obvious that Halo 4 was heavily influenced by Reach. So you might direct your anger at Bungie before you blame 343 for everything. I really enjoyed Halo 4's campaign. The multiplayer side had what was needed to be good. Unfortunately the multiplayer was sabotaged by new things like random ordnance and perks, and some highly questionable new abilities. But again Bungie started the abilities nonsense not 343. Everyone can agree that Halo 5's campaign was a big letdown but anyone that gave Halo 5's multiplayer an honest chance would have seen that it was pretty good. But things like no Dev designed BTB maps and subpar map dlc really hurt the game. There is no evidence that points to Infinite not being a good game. 343 has shown that they can do the foundation for a good halo. They just have to not add unnecessary junk that dillutes what makes Halo fun. Imo those things are simple game play with good maps. And 343 has stated that they are going to take a more traditional approach to Halo unlike Halo 4 and 5. What does the mean exactly? I have no idea but it is encouraging and a sign that Infinite could be really good.
Everyone knows Bungie added AA's. There was a huge amount of hate for them at Reach's launch. It was 343's decision to continue with them when they really didn't have to.

343 has not shown at all that they can create a good foundation for Halo. They have created everything but. They've added movement mechanics, ads, etc. which have only complicated the original formula. And even in trying to find some middle ground with them, its identity is lost. That's why its popularity has continued on a downward trend ever since Reach. Even sprint needs to go. Every indication is they don't understand what made Halo great. The one thing they've done I applaud is the art direction of Infinite.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Even though Halo 5 has the worst campaign of any shooter I've played, I'm willing to forgive them if Halo Infinite is good

Idek if it's possible to make the Prometheans as fun to fight as the Covenant at this point :(

Halo 5 multiplayer was very trash.

It plays nothing like Halo, it's a game made for noobs. Easy to kill and escape. That game takes no skill to aim and to jump, the most boring "Halo" with H4 by far.

A game made for new players and non Halo fans, but not for the OG Halo fans and veterans.

Only noobs and COD/Titanfall/Destiny players want a Halo 5 again, that game was so garbage with a dull monkey gameplay.

If Halo Infinite is the same shit, then Halo will be forever dead for sure.

Edit: forgot to mention the game is ugly as f***. It has no soul no soul of Halo, it screams and smells "BORING" everywhere and in every ways.

Halo 5 is just another Halo 4 flop. No more terrible "Halo" again for the future please...

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
As much as I will shit on Halo 5 and 343... they’re not going to listen to nonsense such as removing ADS and sprint. Nor should they.

• LOL
Reactions: RSB
As much as I will shit on Halo 5 and 343... they’re not going to listen to nonsense such as removing ADS and sprint. Nor should they.

ADS and sprint "ARE" the nonsense in Halo, you COD fans are ruinning an absolute perfect and godlike franchise in the past before Halo 4-5 and maybe Reach too.

Halo is garbage and almost dead now because of your COD/Titanfall/Destiny tastes.

Can we play Halo ? Can we just have Halo ? Please ?

Moogle11

Banned
Meh, I had a decent enough time with Halo 4 and 5’s campaigns. They were one and done for me, but so are 99% of what I play. Story wasn’t great, but I was never that into Halo’s story/lore. Just fun shooter campaigns to play through. I’m not a PVP guy so I can’t comment on that.

In any case, I’ll play it on Gamepass PC like I did Gears 5, and just like that game I’m pretty sure I’ll enjoy my one time through the campaign. I’m pretty easily entertained as long as games aren’t too hard or complex as I don’t have the mental energy for that after work.

ADS and sprint "ARE" the nonsense in Halo, you COD fans are ruinning an absolute perfect and godlike franchise in the past before Halo 4-5 and maybe Reach too.

Halo is garbage and almost dead now because of your COD/Titanfall/Destiny tastes.

I'm literally curious. Would long time Halo fans have liked zooming in instead of typical ADS we see in most modern shooters? I would have.

Most AAA shooters are too similar these days. Makes me really want the 00's back. Too young to know what late 90's shooters are like.

Doom 2016 is the only shooter I liked this generation.

Last edited:
What do you like about the 343 story I thought they where disjointed and key plot points where told in other media
I didnt say I like the story. I dont like Halo's plot AT ALL. I enjoyed campaign because it was flashy and allowed me to play legendary with 3 friends. I hope infinite has a 4 player co-op.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder how many people currently playing Halo have actually been here since the first Halo released. My guess is a very very small number. Because if you went through and experienced its rise as well as its fall you'd have a much clearer picture as to why, and you'd understand why there is harsh criticism of 343 and the products they've produced. Besides the idiotic outliers screaming nonsense, the hate towards 343 is, I think, warranted and not unexpected.
I got the first xbox on release with Halo CE and bought all the games on day one. I remember driving for miles (being driven, was only 12 years old) going to Lan parties for some local multiplayer games. All of it was great, but I think you are looking way too nostalgic to that period of your life.

Halo 4 wasn't that great, I enjoyed it but it played too much like new CoD games and wasn't that interesting. The story was ok-ish, but the ending was great. MP wasn't that good.

Halo 5 on the other hand. I liked the way they told the story, and the story itself. Gameplay was much better, it was indeed annoying to fight the warden so many times, they should've fixed that with other enemies with different abilities. Overall great SP campaign. Multiplayer was the best there was when it released, and it's still in my top 3 of current gen.

So there are still old school Halo gamers that like current iterations.

Phase

I got the first xbox on release with Halo CE and bought all the games on day one. I remember driving for miles (being driven, was only 12 years old) going to Lan parties for some local multiplayer games. All of it was great, but I think you are looking way too nostalgic to that period of your life.

Halo 4 wasn't that great, I enjoyed it but it played too much like new CoD games and wasn't that interesting. The story was ok-ish, but the ending was great. MP wasn't that good.

Halo 5 on the other hand. I liked the way they told the story, and the story itself. Gameplay was much better, it was indeed annoying to fight the warden so many times, they should've fixed that with other enemies with different abilities. Overall great SP campaign. Multiplayer was the best there was when it released, and it's still in my top 3 of current gen.

So there are still old school Halo gamers that like current iterations.
I couldn't care less whether 343 makes good single player, but it does annoy me that they can't really even do that well enough. I've played Halo CE-3 campaigns countless times because I enjoy them, but not 4 and 5. It's was a struggle to even play through them the first time. I'm mainly talking about multiplayer, where all of these issues actually make a difference and hamper a great game with a great core that once made it unique.

We need to talk about the later game boss fights (fight?) in Halo 5. I was not a fan after the second time of the same shit.

Also, 343 has very, um... "empassioned employees with strong opinions" that I hope does not bleed into their storytelling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't care less whether 343 makes good single player, but it does annoy me that they can't really even do that well enough. I've played Halo CE-3 campaigns countless times because I enjoy them, but not 4 and 5. It's was a struggle to even play through them the first time. I'm mainly talking about multiplayer, where all of these issues actually make a difference and hamper a great game with a great core that once made it unique.
Just for my own interest, what did you find to be a good MP game this gen? Like I said Halo 5 is in my top 3, Apex Legends is #1 for me.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Do you think, if Bungie was still working on the series, they would have just kept making Halo 3 over and over? Of course not. They would have added things too, and people would have complained, but then just went and played the game. Like do you remember the hysteria over armor lock? Just to be clear, you don't have to like Halo 5 multiplayer or 343's additions. But they will try to tinker with the formula, because nobody wants to make the same 10 year old game over and over.

This is why I think 343, separate from their very real mistakes, was just in an unwinnable position. Anything they did would be criticized 10x more because it's not Bungie doing it. Luckily now, old Halo exists and is very playable in multi, with a decent population, and it works fine, so you can play that to your heart's content.

Last edited:

Phase

Just for my own interest, what did you find to be a good MP game this gen? Like I said Halo 5 is in my top 3, Apex Legends is #1 for me.
I've tried most of the popular games a bit (like Apex) but I barely even play mp games now, because I simply dislike most of it. I am very partial to arena fps, which Halo used to be (in console form).

Mainly recently I've played MCC, Quake Live, Quake Champions, Splitgate, Toxikk, Doom, but these type of games don't hold large populations anymore so it's always more of a struggle to enjoy them. Wait times are longer, games aren't as even, and the games just aren't supported like they used to be. That's why I'm still frustrated with all the changes to Halo. Every new game has rng, loadouts, and other nonsense that detract from a fair and balanced mp.

Last edited:

Banned
People that think Halo 4 destroyed the franchise must not have played Reach. That is where the MP numbers tanked hard.

that's not true...
Halo Reach even overtook Halo 4 only a few months after its launch. and as time went on both Halo 3 and Halo Reach had bigger weekly playerbases compared to Halo 4

Halo 4 was a disaster when it came to maintaining a stable playerbase.

that's not true...
Halo Reach even overtook Halo 4 only a few months after its launch. and as time went on both Halo 3 and Halo Reach had bigger weekly playerbases compared to Halo 4

Halo 4 was a disaster when it came to maintaining a stable playerbase.

Because the hype of Halo 3 carried it. Once that wore off, it was trending down fast.

Top Bottom