• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West | Gameplay Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Join Aloy in the Forbidden West, a deadly place full of new threats, each more mysterious than the last.

81b69a02d9469be08c2426117991d9f0.png

Aloy, more agile than ever, and a much more imposing bestiary
Let's focus on this long sequence of gameplay that says a lot. As you can see, the heroine with the long, flamboyant hair has clearly gained in flexibility.
Now, Aloy can move more easily in the environment using its grappling hook or float in the air using a strange shield, two objects that will help us to escape the many hostile beasts that dot this world.

db18e60bfbf4a21ae2671253b81ckxw5.JPG
51207372216_5677fc62af_o.jpg

Yes, in addition to the peaceful animals made of flesh and blood, the robotic bestiary has also evolved with this second opus.
Aloy will therefore be able to meet creatures ridden by ruthless bandits, but also larger robotic dinosaurs including sea monsters that will make short work of you.
Our heroine has also improved in melee combat, which already promises much more dynamic exchanges with human opponents.

Q1Xk51q.gif
QhfayAm.gif
EqlrPAQ.gif

Magnificent environments and vistas
As already announced, Horizon: Forbidden West will offer players a small tour of the west coast of the United States to cross on foot, or on the back of a robotic mount, three states: California, Utah and Nevada.
It will be an opportunity for players to discover many breathtaking environments. Unfortunately, these were not presented to us in detail, but several panoramas were nonetheless unveiled.

51207333906_cd0f10030c_o.jpg
51208138454_ffa45b1e55_o.jpg

Just like in the first episode, therefore, we will be entitled to a multitude of different biomes ranging from the lush jungle, through the arid desert, through snow-covered areas or even by the relaxing and colorful coastline.
From there, it will be possible to freely explore magnificent aquatic environments full of dangers. Yes, in this second opus, players who thirst for adventure will be able to afford some scares by venturing into the seabed.

aabfe70ea9da43ac.jpg
state-of-play-horizon-forbidden-west-screenshot_6140675.jpg

Ok, but when?
How long will we have to wait to get our hands on the future great creation of Guerrilla Games? Unfortunately, the studio did not let slip any information on this side.
We will therefore have to be content once again with a wave "second half of 2021". As a reminder, the open world game will be available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

K3DKtLG.gif
5oUQka0.gif
evTL6eu.gif

Last edited:
I need to see a higher quality version because the one I saw looked like crap. I'll judge the gameplay demo after I've seen it.

But so far I like how much Vegeta there is. Plus it looks pretty colorful.

Edit: That mammoth fight looked intense as heck. At first I thought you could just hide behind the ruin but then the beast destroyed the cover. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Did no impress.
Looks good as expected (it's that the same tall grass growing all the way to the sandy beaches?), but nothing that impressive and no changes to the formula. History wise, that it showed from the plot, it's the same old "follow the macguffin" to solve the mystery. They could had done a much better job presenting the other side, who they are, what are their goals, and if they wanted to show them as enemies they could had also showed better IA than this.
Again, did not impress.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Blew my expectations away.

The combat and options for movement are now approaching insomniac level, that hookshot and the glider are brilliant.

The options that the surroundings give you, between verticality, underwater and structures etc....

The minute I saw the raptors I was hyped and then when she could ride one.... and it was actually super agile.....

Derift

Graphically, looks fantastic. Doesn't really seem like gameplay has improved much. Other than the graphics, gotta say I'm a little underwhelmed. Still, does look very pretty.
what were you expecting... the first game was very good I don't know how much you improve from the first one... that being said they really improved the melee and traversal aspects

Top Bottom