• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

Bubba77

I see Quidditch as a standalone DLC. It will be a separate game where you get to play the World Cup or something.
Im thinking the same. If its good it may be worth it for $20. I mean I played a whole lot of Blitz Ball in FFX back in the day.

Exentryk

Game looks pretty good and that was evident from the developer showcases. It's a shame this releases very close to Octopath Traveler 2, so I won't be able to give this enough time to play. But will buy it and see how far I can get.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Game looks pretty good and that was evident from the developer showcases. It's a shame this releases very close to Octopath Traveler 2, so I won't be able to give this enough time to play. But will buy it and see how far I can get.
I wouldn’t be worried about that, has there been a single AAA game that’s released in the last year that didn’t need a few months of patching to be what we all expected? I’d enjoy octopath, then in 3 months check to see the stability of Hogwarts.

Exentryk

I wouldn’t be worried about that, has there been a single AAA game that’s released in the last year that didn’t need a few months of patching to be what we all expected? I’d enjoy octopath, then in 3 months check to see the stability of Hogwarts.
Yeah I'm sure it'll improve down the line with patches. Will put in 2 weeks now, and then come back to it after Octopath. This way I'll get to experience it with everyone.

NikuNashi

You're actually not allowed to post about or even mention it on era
For a forum that stands against fascism. That seems a bit, hmm, what's the word.....fascist.

Fascism : a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government.

Sound like anything you know?

Krathoon

They are just so worried that Rowling will take away their trans rights with her power and money.

Last edited:
Also I watched IGN preview. It was fine. You guys are way too sensitive. If JK can have her thoughts on the matter, so can Ryan. He praised the game a whole lot. He didnt say dont buy it, he said he would understand if some had mixed feelings about it. Nothing wrong with it.
ryan's 'thoughts on the matter' include dismissing rowling an 'anti-trans mouthpiece'. other than demonstrating ryan's vapidity, what, exactly, does resorting to juvenile name-calling accomplish?...

given this avalanches track record, what gives you confidence this will be anything but a 70 game?

To be honest, I don't really care about reviews and 7/10 is a good score for me.

I just don't think the other Avalanche is such a talented studio that they would be a better fit for this game.

DeaDPo0L84

UHejI2w.jpg

Lyrical

Banned
The previews have made me even more excited for this!! Only two weeks to go. Might have to take the Friday off work.

Droxcy

The girlfriend & I just did a whole marathon of the movies she had never seen them before which blew my mind. Just seeing the world and the potential it'll be fun to play regardless of the drama behind one persons name. I'm not going to watch these reviewers because 90% of the are annoying.

Rayderism

I just pre-ordered the PS5 deluxe edition. I read and enjoyed the books. I watched the movies (they play them nearly every weekend on cable) and enjoyed those, even if I'm to the point of being sick of them. And I don't give a fiddly frigging crap about what J.K. Rowling thinks about anything outside of the books she wrote.

I most likely will not play every side-quest or scenario, and I'm certain I won't get the plat for the game (don't care about plats), but since watching the various previews, I've little doubt that I will certainly enjoy my time with this game. That's why I'm buying the game, not because of any BS woke stuff being in it or not, not because it will piss anyone off at that other site or not, but because it looks like I'll enjoy playing it. That's it, that's all.

And I'll be playing it in full maximum fidelity mode at ~30fps, because framerates aren't that damn important to me, only the best "purty garfics" I can get on my peasant console matter to me. And if anyone has a problem with that, I can only say this, "The ass of a rat is not given."

Yeah, I'm a bit salty today, I had an annoying day at work, on my 6th beer, and it's over 3 hours past my bedtime, so I'm being facetious. Deal with it, or not, I don't really care. {blows a big ol' raspberry at "the entire world"}

.......venting in a humorous way can be so relieving on a bad day.......

Last edited:

ShadowNate

I think he has the account ‘can you pet the dog?’, which is tagged in that post.

The fact that these people are permanently miserable and angry is balm for my soul.
Yeah, always a good thing when such accounts show how petty (pun intended I guess) they are.

Emedan

Excited for this game. Im one of those who adore the Books/Movies and really all things Harry Potter. Personally I think JK's views are crap, but thats up to her. I can still enjoy the Harry Potter world she created, while thinking she has a bad world view.

Also I watched IGN preview. It was fine. You guys are way too sensitive. If JK can have her thoughts on the matter, so can Ryan. He praised the game a whole lot. He didnt say dont buy it, he said he would understand if some had mixed feelings about it. Nothing wrong with it.
Honestly, why? She's not some extremist. Anyway, don't want to derail.

I think it looks fantastic and no matter the studio's previous titles this can still be a banger and I believe the previews show as much.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Excited for this game. Im one of those who adore the Books/Movies and really all things Harry Potter. Personally I think JK's views are crap, but thats up to her. I can still enjoy the Harry Potter world she created, while thinking she has a bad world view.

The ones where she is railing against the marginalisation of women’s opinions and issues? Or the ones where she reinforces the scientific facts about human biology?

DarthPutin

People aren't just angry about you buying game based on "evil" writer's views, they are angry that you're sponsoring her by doing so, since she will get profits from the game's sales.

As if it mattered to literal billionaire - the game could flop and she still would continute her evil activities, like building shelters for rape victims.

IGN reviewer has a right to express his opinion, but both "the world" and "greatest story ever told" bits make it ridiculous. "The world" doesn't consist primarily of woke westerners. Majority of the world would have hard time understanding the issue at all.

And the actual story is standard to the point of banality. I am a big fan of JKR twitter writing though, she slays :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My biggest worry is that the game isn't too vanilla or goody-goody two shoes. The books are, understandably so, they are for children. I'd like to be someone amoral, and I don't want primitive morality system.

Hopefully the quests are interesting and have some good writing.

GymWolf

People aren't just angry about you buying game based on "evil" writer's views, they are angry that you're sponsoring her by doing so, since she will get profits from the game's sales.

As if it mattered to literal billionaire - the game could flop and she still would continute her evil activities, like building shelters for rape victims.

IGN reviewer has a right to express his opinion, but both "the world" and "greatest story ever told" bits make it ridiculous. "The world" doesn't consist primarily of woke westerners. Majority of the world would have hard time understanding the issue at all.

And the actual story is standard to the point of banality. I am a big fan of JKR twitter writing though, she slays :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My biggest worry is that the game isn't too vanilla or goody-goody two shoes. The books are, understandably so, they are for children. I'd like to be someone amoral, and I don't want primitive morality system.

Hopefully the quests are interesting and have some good writing.
I thought the book had a decent amount of fucked up villains and cruel things tbh, neville's parents were a pretty sad affair for example...

I would be ok with the same level of violence, torture and fucked up things in the game tbh.

Last edited:

Elginer

It is the classic case of not separating the author from their work. It is not like there is anti trans stuff in the game. No trans bad guys or monsters. No characters saying that trans people are bad and evil.
The funny think is that JK has never said anything like this that trans people are evil just that there should be safe spaces and services dedicated to naturally born women yet somehow that’s a terrible thing to want or express.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Game looks good.. I always thought it was going for a more cartoony look.. not sure why I thought that? Lol

Top Bottom