• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

Harry Potter just might be the world no 1 at world building. I don't think any other franchise is up there.
The world is just hogwarts and britain. Back then as a 14 year old reading through book 3 I had many questions already regarding the world which couldn‘t be answered because the world has many limits.

Don‘t get me wrong, I loved harry potter, but the world buillding isn‘t very good. Star Wars is a good example for world building, harry potter definitrly isn‘t.

Last edited:

skyfall

FnksNVxWQAIYhjo

Soon

Luipadre

no really 60 fps mode looks different who could have guessed. Its only pushing double the fps which needs double the gpu power not to mention cpu struggles with 60 too more.

i think its time of day difference and worse capture on the 60 fps mode. I watched another video and i thought the 60fps mode looked really great and stable

Last edited:

Freeza93

Banned
i think its time of day difference and worse capture on the 60 fps mode. I watched another video and i thought the 60fps mode looked really great and stable
Absolutely, Just wait for the DF technical test. It will look great in either mode.

Ghost23

This is the first time I may go fidelity mode over performance mode. That being said, it's not really fair as other devs made fidelty mode almost unbearable to stomach (looking at you Demons' Souls).

Luipadre

Like look at this video at 15:05

much better lighting than the other video linked here. Game looks and runs really great in performance mode

Last edited:

mdkirby

Looking good. It’ll sure be interesting if it happens to clean up a few trophies at the game awards, and the purple site refuse to talk about the winner and keeps banning people.

Geoff Keighley: “and the winner of best game at this years game awards goes to Hog….”
Geoff Keighley is now banned.

Ghost23

Looking good. It’ll sure be interesting if it happens to clean up a few trophies at the game awards, and the purple site refuse to talk about the winner and keeps banning people.

Geoff Keighley: “and the winner of best game at this years game awards goes to Hog….”
Geoff Keighley is now banned.
Geoff has already been getting shit there. I wouldn't be surprised if he stops posting there altogether. They're just too toxic for someone that has to play the corporate game as well. He can't bend over for all of them when you're running the events for an entire industry.

Last edited:

ckaneo

The world is just hogwarts and britain. Back then as a 14 year old reading through book 3 I had many questions already regarding the world which couldn‘t be answered because the world has many limits.

Don‘t get me wrong, I loved harry potter, but the world buillding isn‘t very good. Star Wars is a good example for world building, harry potter definitrly isn‘t.
The opposite is true. Stars Wars worldbuilding is only decent because of the material not written by Lucas so everything is debated canon or not. Harry Potter has much better world building, even if it's scope is smaller.

cormack12

Gold Member
I predict a lot of 7/10's with really shit puns/links to horcrux numbers. Or maybe an 8/10 with JKR is the 8th horcrux nonsense.

Ree will be devastated with a total ban. If there's one thing more important than not tolerating discussion about Hogwarts, it's talking about how they won't be talking about Hogwarts. There will be plenty of talking about not talking about Hogwarts.

I think it will be good in a Bethesda kind of way, but some of the scenes make me think of Dark Alliance graphics, particularly the arena. I think it's going to end up beloved but it will be a bit sharp on the eyes in parts.

Xdrive05

Are we even confident that Digital Foundry will cover this game at all? They seem to be in right circles to ghost HL altogether for dumbass culture wars reasons. At best we’ll get a “For sure,…” caveat if they do actually cover it.

Lasha

I mean 1984 is a damn good novel. But I enjoyed Harry Potter way more. To say hp isn't one of the all time greats is asinine. Laughworthy.
And tell me what universe tops world building compared to hp?

The picture is from lord of the rings. Tolkien's middle earth makes harry potter's world look like a children's drawing. The wizarding world has enough detail to create a sense of verisimilitude in which to house the story. Tolkien created a fully realized world then decided to tell some stories in it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I predict a lot of 7/10's with really shit puns/links to horcrux numbers. Or maybe an 8/10 with JKR is the 8th horcrux nonsense.

Ree will be devastated with a total ban. If there's one thing more important than not tolerating discussion about Hogwarts, it's talking about how they won't be talking about Hogwarts. There will be plenty of talking about not talking about Hogwarts.

I think it will be good in a Bethesda kind of way, but some of the scenes make me think of Dark Alliance graphics, particularly the arena. I think it's going to end up beloved but it will be a bit sharp on the eyes in parts.
Skimming some of the preview videos, it looks decent. Not my kind of game, but definitely better than the budget Disney games Avalanche made in the past. Given the franhise, it'll have high expectations, so there will be a lot of let downs from game reviewers expecting a 90 game.

I think it'll be in that 75-80 range.

Hawk269

I hope we get comparisons and/or PC impressions before launch. Not sure which platform to buy the game on. PC would be the automatic answer, but lately PC games have been a shit show.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'll save you guys the time watching this and answer:

Nothing.

This isn't Mass Effect. Magic is there for you to use and doesn't bind you to any morality meters which don't exist in this game.
Raistlin Majere said it best per Dragonlance. Magic isn't good or evil but how you use it. Dark Magic is no different. You probably won't be able to do *evil* things but you can still use the same tools that Dark Wizards use.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Looking forward to the game, but I'm shocked by how bad that minimap is. It's like mid 2000's PS2 era level in design and it is jarring against how well designed everything else is. Honestly the UI in general is kinda retro, but the minimap is the worst offender. Hopefully there's robust UI options available.

Salz01

Looking forward to the game, but I'm shocked by how bad that minimap is. It's like mid 2000's PS2 era level in design and it is jarring against how well designed everything else is. Honestly the UI in general is kinda retro, but the minimap is the worst offender. Hopefully there's robust UI options available.
I agree, and I hope the hud can be turned off. I really do.

Esppiral

The game looks promising but I haven't researched about it, does it have a decently sized single player campaign? Or is this one of those disgusting online games?

Ghost23

Are there outfits customization n all?

Can u play a sexy female character? I don't know much about the universe
Tons of clothing customization and shopping/looting. You also get to use the Room of Requirement to hold various vivarium’s with the animals you collect/save.

The game looks promising but I haven't researched about it, does it have a decently sized single player campaign? Or is this one of those disgusting online games?
It’s a fully single player game. Rumor to be around that 30-40 Story + 20 or so more for 100%. Obviously that is all relative until actual consumer play the game but it is definitely a good chunk of game!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Are we even confident that Digital Foundry will cover this game at all? They seem to be in right circles to ghost HL altogether for dumbass culture wars reasons. At best we’ll get a “For sure,…” caveat if they do actually cover it.
They are gonna cover it and then bagtallia is gonna ask for forgiveness on reeee.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

I'm late to this but IGNs preview was a serious embarrassment.

Whatever your opinions are... It should not be Included in a videogame preview.

It does a massive disservice to the developers working hard on the game and is extremely amateur and unprofessional..

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
All stoners need to join me in House Hufflepuff. I mean it's in the name. So looking forward to that 72 hour early access. Was wroth the extra $10 or however much it was.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't follow this series at all. Is this more than Just Cause in a Harry Potter skin? Are people just excited because its Harry Potter?

iorek21

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it yet but here’s a question:

How the school daily life going to be here? Is it a mix of Bully/Persona in which you have to manage your time between studies and main missions or is it just an open world with no obligations at all?

That’s probably the one feature that will make it or break it for me.

Top Bottom