• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I feel violated by Microsoft

Fox Mulder

They tried with the Xbox for 20+ years and the brand’s best years were during Sony’s worst and they still lost that generation.

I thought it was dumb to kill off console exclusives by putting everything out on PC day one. Sony waits like a year or more. Gamepass is an amazing deal, but only really works if they push tons of consoles and they weren’t.

Third party MS will be a giant with their money though. I hope they fire back up their sports games and buy the NFL license away from EA.

hyperbertha

To the people thinking only children worry about these things, I disagree. Dollars in the 500 range is an adult affair. When they bought xbox the value was being able to play xbox games, at the expense of ps games. Buying a ps would mean sacrificing xbox games.

If the rumors turn out true, the value will be greatly reduced, as if they had bought a ps they would sacrifice nothing, while their current box means sacrifice.

CLW

Nothing To See Here GIF by Giphy QA

Why are you so upset? MS never really said exclusivity is their main goal, they said they want XBOX to be the best platform to play games.

MS didn’t cared from the start if you play on XBOX or PC. And it’s a business, so if their calculations show a profit increase, if they go multiplatform, they will do it and they don’t need to ask for your permission.

DR3AM

In a pixelated world of gaming delight,
Xbox met its fate, oh what a night!
Controllers dropped, screens went black,
A gaming console in the graveyard, no way back.

No more button mashing, no more cheers,
Xbox, dear friend, drowned in digital tears.
The red ring of death, a signal so grim,
Console afterlife, in circuits so dim.

Now in silicon heaven, it rests with glee,
No more updates, no more DLC.
Farewell, dear Xbox, you entertained so well,
In the console graveyard, where legends dwell

MacReady13

lmao Microsoft is the one that gave them the option
Exactly. I had the option as well but some of us could see shit like this coming from a mile off and said NO.- we will purchase our games.

Many of us who hated what Microsoft was trying to do with game pass were saying this for years! It’s now coming for all these idiots who wanted to pay nothing all this time. In life, you get nothing for nothing. Microsoft isn’t your friend. You really think this “greatest deal in gaming” will last forever? Microsoft are a money making behemoth. Eventually it was going to change.

Crayon

I've seen nobody mention how game pass stifled the building of digital libraries. I still think the importance of that is overstated but game pass obviously would have slowed that down bad.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I've seen nobody mention how game pass stifled the building of digital libraries. I still think the importance of that is overstated but game pass obviously would have slowed that down bad.
Possibly but it also drew me away from physical media, bought a SS to compliment my SX. And that in turn made me only buy digital games in the sale.

Also made changing a disk such a effort.

Roni

Gold Member
I'm furious with MS.

I feel like I've been screwed.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

I'm NOT having a meltdown.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

F YOU MS AND YOUR DOUCHE MOVES!
Given your avatar, this isn't your first time...

Ozzie666

They haven’t given up on having their own box yet OP.

Why do you care if the games aren’t exclusive.
You will still have gamepass and own nothing.
Nothing has changed.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Microsoft gettin put in the ground by an old japanese stereo company.

Sony didn't do this. That's all anyone says and I agree with them.

Microsoft essentially committed suicide while Sony and nintendo did what a platform holder should do. Release a steady clip of quality games.

Just like the forum says Sony didn't kill Sega, it's the same scenario with xbox.

Crayon

Sony didn't do this. That's all anyone says and I agree with them.

Microsoft essentially committed suicide while Sony and nintendo did what a platform holder should do. Release a steady clip of quality games.

Just like the forum says Sony didn't kill Sega, it's the same scenario with xbox.

You are CORRECT. But I was just slandering ms for fun.

laynelane

Whatever happens I hope the PlayStation community don’t allow some of them shill /influencer bastards to infect their fan base with their self indulgent filth like they have with Xbox.

It always came across that those shill/influencers had some sort of inside track with Xbox and their leadership. I think that may be why so many people listen to them. Of course, photos of some of them meeting up with Phil or having breakfast with Greenberg really add to that. As far as I can tell, though, Sony doesn't interact with their fans to that extent. They keep a professional distance so I don't see that particular phenomenon happening with the PS community at all.

Ar¢tos

I just scrolled through Xbox reddits... There are people almost threatening to kill themselves if MS releases a single game on Playstation.
Others threatening to destroy their Xboxes and quit gaming forever.

I don't remember such drama when Sega quit hardware, and I had friends that worshipped Sonic.

Last edited:

Caio

Man. I miss the Dreamcast.

😔
My Dreamcast is still at my parents's Home, still working, still very sexy. I understand your feelings.
But, wasn't the Next XBox scheduled for Nov 2028 ? Right now, nothing is officially confirmed, so, I prefer to stay silent.

HofT

The platform/ecosystem isn’t going anywhere though.
The problem is there isn't many great games to support that platform/ecosystem. That's the REAL reason people are upset. Think about it, if you're not going to buy their consoles then why would you buy their service? It's still the same games that I don't want to spend my time on. I don't care that the service is cheaper. It's still bad games that I dont want to waste my time on. And Microsoft games haven't been good for a while now.

Whereas Sony and Nintendo, it's all about their games. That's why you buy their consoles and that's why they are selling well.

GHG

I just scrolled through Xbox reddits... There are people almost threatening to kill themselves if MS releases a single game on Playstation.
Others threatening to destroy their Xboxes and quit gaming forever.

I don't remember such drama when Sega quit gaming, and I had friends that worshipped Sonic.

It's because the brand has been managed as if it's a fucking cult from a marketing/PR perspective. Huge mistake, especially so when you're chasing or playing catch-up in an industry because the whole concept is alienating to those who are not susceptible to it.

I mean, who of sound mind says, yeh, this is something I fancy getting involved in?:

FyhmFczakAAOm1S

FyHYbk4aUAAYJ0W

ms99GkT.jpg

6H2O31b.jpg

HodT5L9.jpg

A lot of these vulnerable individuals have their whole identities wrapped up in Xbox, this is now the fallout.

Last edited:

Krieger

It's because the brand has been managed as if it's a fucking cult from a marketing/PR perspective. Huge mistake, especially so when you're casing or playing catch-up in an industry because the whole concept is alienating to those who are not susceptible to it.

I mean, who of sound mind says, yeh, this is something I fancy getting involved in?:

FyhmFczakAAOm1S

FyHYbk4aUAAYJ0W

ms99GkT.jpg

6H2O31b.jpg

HodT5L9.jpg

A lot of these vulnerable individuals have their whole identities wrapped up in Xbox, this is now the fallout.
There are a total of -7 braincells in all of these pictures.

Ar¢tos

It's because the brand has been managed as if it's a fucking cult from a marketing/PR perspective. Huge mistake, especially so when you're casing or playing catch-up in an industry because the whole concept is alienating to those who are not susceptible to it.

FyhmFczakAAOm1S

FyHYbk4aUAAYJ0W

ms99GkT.jpg

6H2O31b.jpg

HodT5L9.jpg

But Punished Miku Punished Miku says that Playstation, the one that completely ignores it's fans and gives months of silence to everyone, is the one that is a "religion"...

SHA

I'm furious with MS.

I feel like I've been screwed.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

I'm NOT having a meltdown.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

F YOU MS AND YOUR DOUCHE MOVES!
Historicaly, buying is killing the natural force of competition, it wasn't meant to foster more focused contents of the same thing let alone creativity, mostly to kill the natural odds of success like pal world and keep it's assets dominat as if there's no chance to compete with older ips, it exist so this "pal world " success doesn't happen frequently, these people aren't your friends, if you want new stuff the conventional way then don't support this bad move and get rid of the old stuff, it's the only way to get nice things to happen unfortunately.

pasterpl

I would wait for official statement from MS what exactly this new strategy entails and how they see this moving forward. Will the games be day across all platforms? Will eg. Day 1 be limited to multiplayer games only and other games will be like timed exclusives with gamepass day1 drops? Will there be another Xbox console etc. There are lot of questions and speculations, nothing is fully confirmed, and we don’t know the details.

FeralEcho

If a company does something to piss you off take your money and invest it elsewhere. Buy your games on Playstation now. Show MS that you wont support this. A meltdown does nothing but perpetuate the geeky neckbeard soyboy gamer stereotype that is prevalent in society. It's pathetic.
It's kinda hard to take your money elsewhere now considering one already built their library on that service so a meltdown is completely fine as far as I'm concerned. It's not like one can port his games to a different system.

If you lost 2 dollars I doubt you'd make a fuss but lose 2k and thats a different story.Do you now understand how someone can be really upset at all these developments?

ahtlas7

Xbox's games and moves should have been the thunder and clouds of the incoming storm. Some bad moves have been flowing from them for several years now and that's not sustainable, even for MS.

spons

Gold Member
You're not wrong. Personal boundaries can be difficult to set for some people. This can take years of training for individuals with e.g. autism or social anxiety. Then some marketing dude comes along, tells you things, sets expectations. Maybe I'm overreacting, but the attention these people have gotten borders on being taken advantage of.

Top Bottom