• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I feel violated by Microsoft

I'm furious with MS.

I feel like I've been screwed.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

I'm NOT having a meltdown.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

F YOU MS AND YOUR DOUCHE MOVES!

Maddoxswe

See Ya Adele GIF by E!

Because you edited i need to add this

High School Party GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Last edited:
I'm furious with MS.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

Ah... a fellow SEGA fan going through 2001 again. I share your feels.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why would you get banned for this? This is definitely worth bitching about.

Exclusives from Sony, Nintendo and Sega (in the past) were and are always leagues ahead of multiplatform trash from Ubisoft, EA, Activision and other third party devs. With some rare exceptions like fromtsoft and cd project.

Exclusives are made to be ambitious, innovative and polished so they push consoles. If MS isnt going to make exclusives they will follow the sega route of creating some mediocre titles because that determination to sell consoles at any cost is no longer there.

DJ12

I'm furious with MS.

This is total BS.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

Pity Party Deal With It GIF

Copied your original post in for context and lols.

Last edited:
Sweet Jesus, why do people put such an emphasis on whether a game is exclusive or not. And the kicker is none of these Xbox games were exclusive anyway, they were all on PC and in some cases Switch and PlayStation too.

Please save the cringe for the twitter warriors.

PC exclusivity doesn't count. But all the titles they used to convince people to buy into their eco system and then screw them over with making them third party isn't OK.

"So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives".........yea,see I never understood this tbh.
I kind of get it - Microsoft swallowing companies whole by the boatload in terms of IP, you'd expect that they would be exclusive to the eco-system in order to sell hardware. At the same time, day 1 PC + Gamepass strat kind of indicates otherwise. Very conflicting reality.

Why would you get banned for this? This is definitely worth bitching about.

Exclusives from Sony, Nintendo and Sega (in the past) were and are always leagues ahead of multiplatform trash from Ubisoft, EA, Activision and other third party devs. With some rare exceptions like fromtsoft and cd project.

Exclusives are made to be ambitious, innovative and polished so they push consoles. If MS isnt going to make exclusives they will follow the sega route of creating some mediocre titles because that determination to sell consoles at any cost is no longer there.
I don't want admins to say I was console warring. Fair reason to bitch might not be a good enough reason for them to turn the other cheek, and I really do value this community.

Your points are all true.

PC exclusivity doesn't count. But all the titles they used to convince people to buy into their eco system and then screw them over with making them third party isn't OK.

Did you enjoy all of those games they used to get you into the ecosystem? If so, why do you care that others can play them?

For real. On the Saturn you have fan subs for the Shining Force III Trilogy and Sakura Wars now (and a ton more worth checking out). On the Dreamcast, Rent-a-Hero No. 1 finally got a fan sub too! And even though it isn't SEGA, the Samurai Showdown RPG just got a fan sub. It's a good time for people who loved gaming in the late 90s.
Are these fan subs available through mods etc? I'll have to check this out.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
False, explain GTA, RDR, or any other massive third party game with high quality
I did.

Rockstar is an exception, not the norm. no one out there is making $1-2 billion games.

If your goal is to sell the most copies of your game, and not to push consoles by ensuring high quality exclusives, you will do what third parties do.... push out mediocre trash.

Mowcno

Did you enjoy all of those games they used to get you into the ecosystem? If so, why do you care that others can play them?
Less exclusive software will result in less sales of the hardware. Less sales of the hardware will result in it having a lower priority to both MS and third parties. Lower priority by the companies that support it mean an inferior product. It's pretty simple why people who enjoy gaming on xbox hardware view this as a negative.

Because that promise of exclusivity was what made me buy into their hardware etc in the first place. So it's a bit of a dick move. MS used those announcements to sell more systems etc and now they are screwing over those that bought into that promise.

acm2000

i really dont get the meltdown, for me the series x is worth having for game pass ultimate alone, i kinda gave up on gaming after the 360 era and only came back thanks to game pass cloud on my nvidia shield and then decided to get a series x for the bajillion games i can play through back compat and ultimate.

makes no difference to me if MS games end up on other platforms so.. 🤷‍♂️

BlackTron

Because that promise of exclusivity was what made me buy into their hardware etc in the first place. So it's a bit of a dick move. MS used those announcements to sell more systems etc and now they are screwing over those that bought into that promise.

They had no choice but to go third party because their management sucked.

C'mon we both know that you have been here before

Last edited:
Top Bottom