• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I feel violated by Microsoft

Feel Better GIF

Just buy a PS5 bro
*Just buy a PS5 pro bro

Fixed it for you.

Why does blame matter? My point is that people seeing this as some sort of win for their chosen platform are very short-sighted. This is clearly bad for the industry.
This whole deal, whatever it is going to be at the end, is both hilarious and frightening.

Hilarious because the "hardcore xbox fanatics" are having a huge meltdown after beeing so fucking full of themselves and frightening as a Playstation user I "fear" how this will impact stuff around Sony/Playstation (Prices/quality).

But I also have a good gaming PC so theres that, at the end of the day I will still be playing whatever I want to.

Ar¢tos

Same playbook.

If that were it, Spencer would have said that.
After months of silence, he's so eager for attention that he will make the announcement of all being a lie, in video!
He will also explain that the PlayStation dev kits spotted at Rare are for industrial espionage purposes, not because they are porting SoT to Ps5, obviously.

Ribi

I do that personally, it's simply not a great solution. There are extra steps, windows is shit to handle with a controller so you invariably need to get up to either type shit into your laptop and use the trackpad or also get a wireless keyboard with trackpad built in (which is what I did). Then you have to get your settings dialed in on every game to your satisfaction, sometimes deal with mapping your controllers if it's an unsupported game. I find pc gaming on a tv annoying as fuck and I've been a PC gamer since the 90s. You're never going to convince most casuals that this is a great experience.

I mean, I still do it, but after a long day of structuring supplier contracts the last thing I want to do is fiddle with shit. If MS were to release an Xbox OS that you could boot into for a tv experience on PC that would actually be something I would use, and SteamOS is coming down that same pipe. It will be much more viable in the near future, but it's just a hodgepodge of mess at the moment.
See that's kinda what I would have wanted is that series S to contain a windows os and use it as a PC

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Makes perfect sense for folks who not only have a lot of money invested in the ecosystem, but also want to play where their friends play. My sons play online entirely on PC as that's where their friends are.

Yep. I’ve got a few friends that have been in the Xbox ecosystem since the 360, and have simply remained with the brand. They’re the casual CoD/Sports game players that don’t follow videogame news.

It being?............and where is the announcement? Or are you believing in rumors?
Not rumours.

LEAKS.

AND MS IS VIOLATING ME.

MS knows it's all been leaked. Now it's simply about damage control.

You should be furious too. This shit should NOT stand.

XBOOOOOXXXXX WHYYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
I'm furious with MS.

I feel like I've been screwed.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

I'm NOT having a meltdown.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

F YOU MS AND YOUR DOUCHE MOVES!
Focus on what actually matters in life, not a fucking plastic box, electrical components and polygons

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Then you’re really not going to believe that I’m also building a rendering rig on a mining frame with 4 x 4090s on it as well… that I also have no interest in using for gaming purposes 😂😂

I sit in front of a PC all day long. I don’t want to use one for recreation. I’d much rather lay in bed and play a game on my PS5. It’s not that hard to believe

For what it's worth, I would strongly recommend setting up Steam Link across your house over ethernet + big picture mode and get a controller for it. Then you can have all that power in any room. This is what I do for playing games on my work computer (which is physically located in my office across the house) from my bedroom or upstairs gaming room.

Phase

Yeah it’s a PC Switch. UI works perfectly on the TV. I’m using my old LCD Deck that way. And saves syncs to the cloud so you can go back and forth between your desk PC and couch Deck without juggling multiple saves or double dipping on game purchases. It’s perfect. But, too weak right now.
Can you connect a wired 360 controller to it?

edit: from what I can find the answer is yes. Awesome.

Last edited:

devilNprada

At the end of the day the largest company in the world will manufacture 4 sku's in 2024.
They are a services company through and through... A physical Xbox (at least one manufactured by MS) was always going away; it's inevitable.

Fredrik

Can you connect a wired 360 controller to it?

edit: from what I can find the answer is yes. Awesome.
Yup. Or Dualsense. Or Switch Pro.
I use a Nvidia Shield Controller. No particular reason, it was just nearby, pretty okay.

devilNprada

If MS were to release an Xbox OS that you could boot into for a tv experience on PC that would actually be something I would use, and SteamOS is coming down that same pipe. It will be much more viable in the near future, but it's just a hodgepodge of mess at the moment.
Agree.. if MS could just simplify it for us we're in business.
The surface had an interchangeable OS where you could use standard windows or their mobile windows App in tablet mode.

Xaeroxcore666

Neo Member
MS buying Blizzard is akin to Sega funding Shenmue. Economic suicide.
Agree, i love Shenmue but....With that money they could had develop more games that also took full advatantage of DC and probably represent a better ROI, that would had justify a latter Shenmue launch. Just thinking about AM2, they would have starting with a worthy version of VF 3 or even better....a Naomi 1/Dreamcast version of VF4 at least with DOA 2 visual fidelity (which is way above VF 3 ...or any Model 3 game at all), may be had time and budget to adapt a proper Daytona 2....Or using F355 engine to create a proper Sega GT or some F1 game that would had been stunning...Anyway...didnt happen and this our life as Dreamcast users 23 years later after its demise....

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I'm furious with MS.

This isn't console warring. I'm just upset because I REALLY do think MS make great consoles.

But this move has been really unfair to their player base. So many people bought into their promise of a grand future of exclusives especially after the Bethesda buy out etc.

This is total BS.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

Some of you are litterly crazy! Imagine this gets you are furious! You bought an XBOX because you liked them and guess what you got to buy and play those games you covited, you can keep your box and play those games today, tomorrow, and in the future. Because Gear of War or Halo which are all like 15 years old or more now are going to be released on a different box your furious? Like FURIOUS?

Microsoft for years has said they want their games on everything! This is just part of their plan. This is like saying you're furious that your favorite TV show that was on HBO is now available on a different network!

Does it suck if your a console warboy yeah maybe, but there is zero reason to be that. Enjoy the games it's not that deep.

hinch7

On a less jokey response.. no need to overreact Xbox peeps. It isn't going away any time soon. Expect at least one more generation of hardware, if not more and the games are still coming. Regardless if they are launched on other platforms. There's still GP as well (not a fan, but there ya go).

Exclusivity doesn't mean much anymore anyways, everything is near enough coming to PC, and now perhaps PS.

You don’t have to buy it, you’ll see it all unveil over the next couple years anyway. Stick around and you’ll see the death of a platform and a changing industry. All things that trigger big emotions is about concern for potential longterm effects on a hobby people love. If it was just about what other people can or can’t play then this wouldn’t even be worth talking about. I mean who cares? a $500 purchase later it wouldn’t be a talking point anymore, big deal.
Your opinion. Many other people in this forum are crying because they said they "invested money" and feel betrayed. The Xbox consoles won't blow up; they can still play their games and the upcoming games of this generation. They just don't want others to play Xbox games.

OCL

Eactly.

My son has only ever played on Xbox and all his friends he grew up with played on Xbox

Throwing a few games on Playstation with most of the Xbox library staying put is not changing that

Knowing my son even if they put their entire library on Playstation if he wanted a PS he would have bought one by now
Why you do that to your son bro

Fredrik

Your opinion. Many other people in this forum are crying because they said they "invested money" and feel betrayed. The Xbox consoles won't blow up; they can still play their games and the upcoming games of this generation. They just don't want others to play Xbox games.
Yes it is a lost investment. Do you think people will keep their XSX plugged in forever?
It’ll be exactly like WiiU. People will eventually put it away in a box in the attic and be cranky that they can’t use their discs and no purchases got transfered over to another platform.

Yes it is a lost investment. Do you think people will keep their XSX plugged in forever?
It’ll be exactly like WiiU. People will eventually put it away in a box in the attic and be cranky that they can’t use their discs and no purchases got transfered over to another platform.
Sure. Same would happen if they bought the next gen console. No-one keeps all consoles connected on TV forever. They can still reconnect their series whenever they want to play the old games.

Fredrik

Sure. Same would happen if they bought the next gen console. No-one keeps all consoles connected on TV forever. They can still reconnect their series whenever they want to play the old games.
A next gen Xbox console would assumably be backwards compatible. You wouldn’t need your old one, your investment would be safe.
If Xbox truly go under and no more next gen Xbox arrives then your investment will be gone unless you keep having your old box plugged in like some retro console until it breaks down and you lose everything.

I think WiiU is a great comparison because Nintendo just pulled the plug and started over with Switch. Personally I hated how that went down. I had 100s of eshop games and 50+ disc games I could no longer play unless I kept it plugged in. PS3 to PS4 was a crappy transition too.

A next gen Xbox console would assumably be backwards compatible. You wouldn’t need your old one, your investment would be safe.
If Xbox truly go under and no more next gen Xbox arrives then your investment will be gone unless you keep having your old box plugged in like some retro console until it breaks down and you lose everything.

I think WiiU is a great comparison because Nintendo just pulled the plug and started over with Switch. Personally I hated how that went down. I had 100s of eshop games and 50+ disc games I could no longer play unless I kept it plugged in. PS3 to PS4 was a crappy transition too.
hey look, I can't explain it more simple: Your next gen console should be the console with the next gen games that interest you. If it is the ps6, buy this and use the series whenever you want to play an older xbox game. I don't get why you say you lost money, cause either way you would spend money for a next gen console.

Fredrik

hey look, I can't explain it more simple: Your next gen console should be the console with the next gen games that interest you. If it is the ps6, buy this and use the series whenever you want to play an older xbox game. I don't get why you say you lost money, cause either way you would spend money for a next gen console.
I can explain it in a simple way too:

I don’t have the WiiU plugged in. Nor the Dreamcast. Or PS3. Or Wii. Etc. I know I could have it but I don’t. So the feeling, no matter how wrong it is in theory, is that the investments are lost since everything is tied to a plastic box that I don’t have plugged in anymore. It’s why I think BC is so important. And it’s why I don’t take the death of a platform as well as you.

Last edited:

They already can play Xbox games.

On PC
On Mobile
Cloud
Samsung TVs

Chronicle

I'm furious with MS.

This is total BS.

OK.

I'm having a meltdown.

What are tiu talking about. You've been told a million times. Don't pretend now we didn't tell you. You defended the actions of this company and even help sell the lies!

Agree, i love Shenmue but....With that money they could had develop more games that also took full advatantage of DC and probably represent a better ROI, that would had justify a latter Shenmue launch. Just thinking about AM2, they would have starting with a worthy version of VF 3 or even better....a Naomi 1/Dreamcast version of VF4 at least with DOA 2 visual fidelity (which is way above VF 3 ...or any Model 3 game at all), may be had time and budget to adapt a proper Daytona 2....Or using F355 engine to create a proper Sega GT or some F1 game that would had been stunning...Anyway...didnt happen and this our life as Dreamcast users 23 years later after its demise....
Well looking back, Shenmue or not, It was always doomed for failure after the Mega CD and Sega Saturn disasters. That lack of consumer faith plus Sony equalled it's death.

I'll always love the Dreamcast. I consider it part of the golden years of gaming. So many fond memories.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Wow. My most popular thread ever! Second to why I thought the OG RE4 was trash and made Capcom a trash company for awhile.

I surely deserve gold for the entertainment I provide.

AND I haven't been banned.

@Bitmap Frogs I saw your post you tagged me in. I agree but man do I feel burned.

This truly is DC 2.0

It's over for MS. I'm going Sony and never going back.
OG RE4 was trash and made capcom trash for awhile.. I agree 100% with you.. easily top 5 of "most overratade game ever"

iHaunter

Yeah it’s a PC Switch. UI works perfectly on the TV. I’m using my old LCD Deck that way. And saves syncs to the cloud so you can go back and forth between your desk PC and couch Deck without juggling multiple saves or double dipping on game purchases. It’s perfect. But, too weak right now.
If only it didn't look like garbage because it's running at 1080P with barely 30 frames. Playing TOTK really shows you how bad the hardware really is. You can count the pixels on the blades of grass. The FOVs are also some of the worst in the industry. Not to mention rendering distance.

Zadom

I don’t have the WiiU plugged in. Nor the Dreamcast. Or PS3. Or Wii. Etc. I know I could have it but I don’t. So the feeling, no matter how wrong it is in theory, is that the investments are lost since everything is tied to a plastic box that I don’t have plugged in anymore. It’s why I think BC is so important. And it’s why I don’t take the death of a platform as well as you.
I don’t own an Xbox, but do have a PlayStation. I would be annoyed if I thought Sony wasn’t going to continue putting out hardware. I admit I like the idea of Xbox games brought to PlayStation and the Xbox playerbase to combine with PlayStation for multiplayer games, but I sympathize with anyone upset with the thought of Xbox as just a publisher and would feel frustrated also.

It would be nice to see Sony offer an incentive program if Xbox did not produce hardware. Like an alternate official controller with similar stick layout to Xbox. Heavy discounts on games owned on Xbox. A transfer of trophies acquired on Xbox. Maybe this is not good business, but it seems like it would encourage a lot of people to be open to the PlayStation ecosystem.

Realistically, how many dreamcast games have you played last year?
Let's not pretend the problem exists; most of those crying just want the others not to be able to play the xbox exclusives.

Top Bottom