• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer Wants Another MechAssault Game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During an interview on IGN’s Podcast Unlocked, Executive Editor Ryan McCaffrey asked Spencer what dormant IP he would personally like to see brought back. Almost instantly, the Head of Xbox said, “Mech,” referring to MechAssault.

Mech. That’s easy. Mech, from a rights standpoint, is a little bit messy since there are some other people working on games. But when I think about MechAssault, and the IP that Jordan [Weisman] created with FASA like Crimson [Skies], Shadowrun, Mech, and any more, it just has really deep and really rich stories and characters to go play in,” said Spencer. “I think it would be really cool, at some point, if we could do something with Mech.”

As stated in McCaffrey’s question, this is all hypothetical and doesn’t indicate there would be future MechAssault games. Spencer also does say that he did pick something they are not working on just so it doesn’t seem like he is teasing a new entry in the series.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Straight from the Unlocked Interview
But when I think about MechAssault and you know the IPs that Jordan created, when you go to like Crimom Skies, Shadowrun and Mech(he means BattleTech) its just, I think it would be really cool at some point if we could do something with Mech(he means BattleTech), obviously picked something we are not working on right now, just so you know I am not teasing something.
Maybe someday we will find all the rights will line up in the right way.
So, it is possible that a new Shadowrun(maybe from InXile or Obsidian) or Crimson Skies maybe in works, but definitely not MechAssault.

Last edited:

CC-Tron

Neo Member
He's seems to be thinking something bigger than Mech Assault. He said Mech as in anything MechWarrior. A Mech based rpg would be even better than another Mech Assault game.

martino

giphy.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Walk away from the dead franchise with your head held high, you can't recapture what Mech Assault did in the past and Xbox can live without Mech Assault.

intbal

How about bringing Mechassault 1 and 2 to the backwards compatibility library, Phil?
You own them. First party. No music licensing issues.

Top Bottom